Electronics Engineering is one of the largest and fastest growing industries. It covers a wide range of applications we use daily and which make our life easier and enjoyable such as television, radio, computers, telecommunication etc. They help us to see, hear and communicate over vast distances and industries like oil, energy, agriculture and so many other important sectors of economy. In steel, petroleum and chemical industries it is the electronic devices that direct, control and test production processes. Health care industry depends on electronic instruments to perform chemical tests and to check body functions. The safeties in transportation, factories and mines and in homes rely heavily on electronics. The uses are endless. The students in this programme will learn how to find new solutions to the practical problems affecting our daily lives. They will learn how to work in team with other specialists to design, fabricate, produce, test and supervise the manufacture of complex products and systems i.e electronic equipments and components for a number of industries including hospitals, computer industry, electronic data processing systems for communication and in defense etc. They will expose to the production and manufacturing processes and will learn how to oversee installation and maintenance. Electronic Engineers work with devices that use extremely small amounts of power. They work with microprocessors, fiber optics and in telecommunication, television, radio etc.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable, competent, and innovative, which will contribute towards the human capital in engineering technology.
UniKL graduates who are effective leaders with team work skills, as well as verbal and non-verbal interpersonal communication skills to support their role in industry.
UniKL graduates who are committed towards the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
UniKL graduates who are professional, ethical, and socially responsible.
UniKL graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and electronics engineering technology to defined and applied engineering procedures, processes, systems or methodologies. (P)
- Identify, formulate, research literature and solve systematically broadly defined electronics engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using analytical tools appropriate to electronics engineering discipline. (C )
- Design solutions for broadly defined electronics engineering technology problem and contribute to the design of systems, components or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, environment and sustainability. (P)
- Plan and conduct experimental investigations of broadly defined electronics technology engineering problems using data from relevant sources. (P)
- Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering tools, with an understanding of the limitations (P)
- Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse technical teams (A)
- Communicate effectively with the engineering community and with society at large (A)
- Demonstrate awareness and consideration for societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities and norms of engineering technology practice (C )
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of engineering technology practice (A)
- Demonstrate the understanding of the impact of engineering practices, taking into account the need for sustainable development ( C )
- Demonstrate an understanding of management, business practices and entrepreneurship (C )
- Recognize the need for professional development and engage in independent and lifelong learning. (A)
Upon completion, BET Electronics Degree holders may register as an Engineering Technologist and join the industrial workforce in many sectors such as:
- Manufacturing (Layout Engineer, Fabrication Engineer, Quality Engineer, Test Engineer, Production Engineer)
- Electronics Industries (Instrumentation Technologist, Control Engineer, Test & Measurement Engineer)
- Research and Development (Design Technologist)
- Education (Lecturer, Technician, Academic Executive)
- Technical Service Providers (Consultant, Engineering Contractors, Service Engineer, Technical Support Engineer)
- Engineering Product Trading (Suppliers, Vendors, Marketing Executive, Sales Engineer)
- Technopreneurship (Innovator, Designer, Entrepreneur, Motivator)