1) Where is it located at?
UniKL MFI is located at Bandar Baru Bangi, Selangor. The address is as below:
Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysia France Institute Seksyen 14, Jalan Teras Jernang, 43650 Bandar Baru Bangi, Tel : +603 – 8913 2800 Fax : +603 – 8926 8845
It is approximately 40 km from Kuala Lumpur and the nearest city will be Bandar Baru Bangi.
1) What are the programs of study offered at UniKL MFI?
Diploma of Engineering Technology (DET) in:
2) Electrical Equipment & Installation
3) Machine Building & Maintenance
4) Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
5) Metal Fabrication
7) Automotive Maintenance
Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Hons) (BET) in:
2) Industrial Automation & Robotics
3) Machine Tools & Manufacturing
4) Air Conditioning & Industrial Refrigeration
5) Welding & Quality Inspection
6) Automotive Maintenance
7) Electromechanical System
2) What are the minimum academic qualifications required for the Diploma & Degree programs?
These are the requirements needed to enroll in our institution.
A pass in SPM with at least (5) credits in the following subjects:
Bahasa Melayu, Mathematics, One Science or Technical Subjects and two other subject s; and at least a pass in English.
Posses a Certificate from IKM / ILP recognized by the Senate or other certificates recognized by the Senate or other certificates recognized by the Senate in relevant fields with a CGPA of 2.0 and above; and at least a pass in Bahasa Melayu at SPM level.
Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 2.0 in relevant fields from Until or other recognized higher learning institutions;
Pass in UniKL Foundation in Science and Technology with a minimum CGPA of 2.0;
Pass in Matriculation /Foundation with a minimum CGP of 2.0;
Pass in International Baccalaureate (IB) with a least 24 points;
STPM or its equivalent, with at least Grade C in 3 subjects or at least Grade C in 2 subjects, with at least a credit in Mathematics at SPM level for certain programmes.
For more information, please refer to the "Program Guide" of UniKL
3) Where can I find out about the admission to UniKL MFI?
Advertisement for UniKL MFI will be published in major local newspapers around March-June (June intake), July-August (September Intake) and Sept-Jan (January intake) and interested candidates are advised to apply through online at http://www.unikl.edu.my
1) How long is the duration of study for diploma level?
2) How long is the duration of study for bachelor level?
3) How much is the tuition fee charged for each semester?
4) Is there any the registration fees imposed?
Yes, Acceptance of the Offer Fee is RM 250.00, while Registration Fees is RM 1600.00 (Diploma) and RM 1800.00(Bachelor).
5) What is the language of instruction used in UniKL MFI ?
Our medium of instruction is English language, however French and Mandarin language are also taught in UniKL MFI.
1) Do the programs in UniKL MFI receive recognition from the government / MQA (Malaysia Quality Agency)?
Yes, all Programs offered have received recognition from MQA. With this, graduates can pursue their studies to a higher level or to work in the government and private sector.
2) Do UniKL MFI programs support the needs of the industry?
Yes, of course. Students will be sent for industrial training in the final semester in which 80% of them are usually absorbed as an employee. The salary range is usually between RM 1500 to 2000 for diploma holder and RM 2000 to 2500 for a bachelor holder.
1) What is direction for graduates once they graduated from UniKL MFI?
Graduates have the option of whether to pursue their studies to a higher level or to pursue to employment once they completed their studies.
2) Do graduates get consideration when applying to Public (IPTA) universities to further their study?
Yes, because UniKL MFI program has received recognition from the MQA, but it causes some problems for students because most of the public universities in Malaysia only offer engineering courses while UniKL MFI offer more practical course i.e. Engineering Technology. However, they are eligible to further their studies abroad e.g. UK and France because some universities there do offer courses in Engineering Technology.