1) Technical Evaluation at TAIHAN TECHREN YeongJu Solar Farm
- Part of research project under Malaysia - Korea Technical Collaboration for Green Technology.
- Partly funded and supported by Malaysian Industry - Government Group for High Technology (MiGHT).
- Feedback for establishment of Malaysia Green Technology Council (Majlis Teknologi Hijau)
2) Power Production Reliability Evaluation for Gas District Cooling Turbine (GDC)
- Research collaboration with Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS Reliability, Asset & Integrity Group.
- Development of probabilistic performance model of 4.2 MW GDC system.
- Presented at the 2012 International Conference on Production, Energy & Reliability.
- Published in the Asian Journal of Scientific Research.
3) Development of Wind Energy Potential Model based on Higher Order Statistical Moments
- Application of third & forth statistical moments in curve density approximation of wind speed distribution.
- Analysis based on real data from Department of Meteorology Malaysia - Wind speed form Kuala Terengganu &
Kota Kinabalu weather station.
- Presented at the 2012 International Conference on Future Environment & Energy (ICFEE) Singapore and 5th Engineering Conference Sarawak (ENCON)
- Published in the International Proceedings of Chemical, Biological and Environmental Engineering
4) Development of Parametric Distribution Model for Hybrid Wave & Offshore Wind Energy Potential Analysis
- Application of Pearson curve density approximation in hybrid wave and offshore wind energy distribution analysis
- Data were derived from the World Meteorological Organization Voluntary Observation Ships Scheme, oilrigs and lighthouses.
- Presented at the 2012 International COnference on Statistics in Science, Business and Engineering (ICSSBE) Langkawi.
5) Development of Regression Model of Sunspot Cycle, Solar Irradiance and Photovoltaic Power
- Analysis on the influence of sunspot cycle towards solar irradiance and photovoltaic power
- The objective is to observe the effect of sunspot cycle on the efficiency of photovoltaic power generated by solar panel.
- Acquisition of real-time sunspot data was performed at the Langkawi National Observatory.
- Supported by the National Space Agency (ANGKASA).
6) Development of Curve Density Function Model for Solar Radiation and Photovoltaic Power Distribution
- Probabilistic performance model of a 20 kW micro grid photovoltaic standalone system
- Data on solar radiation and solar power production was obtained from a potential site at Kampung Lubuk Batu, Kemaman Terengganu.
- Presented at the 2013 Conference on Research Outcomes of Higher Education Sector, Ministry of Education Malaysia
| 7) Technical Evaluation of Hybrid Integrated Renewable Energy System at Pulau Perhentian Kechil Terengganu |
- Probabilistic performance model of an integrated wind, solar & diesel energy system.
- Evaluation on capability of remote resources data logging via GSM and VSAT.
8) Technical Visit to Cypark Integrated Energy System
- Observation on the performance of integrated 8 MW solar – biomass energy system.
- Comparison on the performance of monocrystalline, polycrystalline and thin-film solar panels.
- Observation on the performance on 1 MW Guascor biogas engine
9) Development of Parametric Performance Model for 5 MW Solar Farm
- Probabilistic performance model of a 5 MW solar farm located at Melaka World Solar Valley.
- Data acquisition based on Skytron Energy monitoring, control and supervision system
- Research collaboration with Kumpulan Melaka Berhad
10) Development of Optimization Tool for Potential Evaluation of Mini Hydro Power Plant
- Review and generalization of existing optimization tool
- Evaluation of standardized parameters and algorithm in optimization strategies
- Derivation of rules & algorithm for optimization strategies
- Research collaboration with AMCORP Perting Hydro Sdn Bhd