* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Bachelor in Accounting (Hons)
Sarjana Muda Perakaunan (Kepujian)
The programme aims to provide an internationally recognised degree in accounting as well as to produce graduates with functional management skills, strong accounting and finance knowledge, exemplary leadership skills, high commitment towards pursuit of knowledge and excellence, innovative, socially responsible and good team players who are nationalistic yet global in outlook and behaviour.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO 1
To produce graduates who are professional, knowledgeable, competent and innovative in accounting and finance.
- PEO 2
To produce graduates who possess strong communication and leadership skills to enable them to work well in a team.
- PEO 3
To produce graduates who appreciate and are committed towards lifelong learning and continuous improvement especially, but not limited to, the fields of accounting and finance.
- PEO 4
To produce graduates who have high integrity, strong ethics, high commitment and social responsibility.
- PEO 5
To produce graduates who are capable of starting, growing and sustaining entrepreneurial ventures, and those who are able to work equipped with strong accounting, finance, and entrepreneurial skills.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLO)
Majors in accounting will be able to:
Identify, classify, record, summarise and report socio-economic environment which affect organisations.
Prepare financial statements in accordance with approved accounting standards for organisations and simple structured groups
Provide financial and non-financial information to help management make business and organisational decisions including setting up businesses.
Interpret and evaluate financial and non-financial information for decision-making.
Use and evaluate information system and technologies to achieve organisational objectives.
Prepare tax returns and advise on tax matters for individuals and simple business entities.
Perform audits for non-complex entities using appropriate technologies.
Think critically in the application of knowledge and suggest possible solutions to accounting issues.
Integrate other business and management applications accordance to the basic accounting competencies.
Work collaboratively in a management team.
Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with different stakeholders.
Demonstrate behaviour consistent with professional ethics and social responsibility.
Demonstrate a commitment to life-long learning and professional development.
Demonstrate leadership and entrepreneurial skills.
The following represents a sample of the internships and jobs that current students and recent graduates have reported.
- Big 4 Firms (PricewaterhouseCoopers, Ernst & Young, KPMG, Deloitte & Touche)
- Small and Medium Accounting and Assurance, Taxation, Company Secretarial Firms
- Management Consulting Firms
- Financial Services
- Government agencies
- Educational Institutions
- Multinational Enterprises
- Global business
- Industrial R & D in related fields
- Self-employed as an entrepreneur
- Non-profit organisation
- Introduction to Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting 1
- Mathematics for Business
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Writing for Business Purposes
- Isu-isu Kontemporari Muslim di Malaysia / Culture and Lifestyle in Malaysia
- Foreign Languages 1
- Financial Accounting and Reporting I
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Statistics for Business
- Commercial Law
- Financial Accounting and Reporting II
- Taxation I
- Management Accounting II
- Communication for Business Purpose
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Hubungan Etnik / Pengajian Malaysia 3
- Financial Accounting and Reporting 3
- Audit 1
- Principles of Finance
- Human Capital Management
- Foreign Languages 2
- Tamadun Islam & Tamadun Asia (TITAS) / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2
- Financial Accounting and Reporting 4
- Taxation 2
- Accounting Information System 1
- Corporate Law
- Corporate Ethics and Governance
- Innovation Management
- Accounting Theory and Practices
- Audit 2
- Accounting Information System 2
- Organisational Studies
- Global Entrepreneurship
Industrial Training (24 weeks)
- Management Accounting 3
- Integrated Case Study
- Public Sector Accounting
- Strategic Policy Management
- Business Research
- Issues in Contemporary Accounting
- Islamic Accounting Practices
- Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination
- Investment Analysis
- Specialised Accounting
- Taxation 3
- Advanced Managerial Finance
- Entry Requirement:
- Malaysian University English Test (MUET) Band 2 AND
- A pass in STPM or its equivalent, with a minimum Grade C+ (NGMP 2.33) in any TWO (2) subjects, and credits in Mathematics and a pass in English at SPM level;
- A pass in Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with a minimum grade of Jayyid, (good) and credits in Mathematics and a pass in English at SPM level;
- A diploma in accounting or related field, or its equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 and credits in Mathematics and a pass in English at SPM level;
- Matriculation/Foundation qualification or its equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.50, and credits in Mathematics and a pass in English at SPM level.
- Pass A-Level with minimum Grade D in TWO (2) subjects and a pass in Mathematics and English at O level, or any equivalent qualification;
- Pass in International Baccalaureate (IB) with at least 24 points;
- Pass Higher National Diploma (HND) UK (MQF Level 4) in related area and recognized government of Malaysia and according to approval by UniKL Senate;
- Qualification of 12 years of schooling with the following conditions:
- Pass Diploma Kemahiran Malaysia (DKM)/ Diploma Lanjutan Kemahiran Malaysia (DLKM)/ Diploma Vokasional Malaysia (DVM) with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 subject to the approval of the Senate / Academic Board of the relevant institution; OR
- Pass the DKM/DLKM/DVM with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 AND have at least two (2) years of work experience in the related field.
i. The pass in Mathematics at SPM level for the candidate (i), (ii) and (iii) can be waived should the qualification contains Mathematics with equivalent / higher achievement.
1. It is the highest school qualification in the country of origin;
2. It can be used as entry qualification for bachelor’s degree programme in the country of origin.
Diploma Kemahiran Malaysia (DKM)/ Diploma Lanjutan Kemahiran Malaysia (DLKM)/ Diploma Vokasional Malaysia (DVM) Qualification
Click for more detail
UniKL Business School
Accounting and Taxation
Jan / July / Sept
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011-56938263 or +6011-59656805
Fax: +603 – 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL