* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Bachelor in Accounting (Hons)
Sarjana Muda Perakaunan (Kepujian)
With our program we aim to provide an internationally recognised degree in accounting and to produce graduates with functional management skills, strong accounting and finance knowledge, exemplary leadership skills, high commitment towards pursuit of knowledge and excellence, and are innovative, socially responsible and good team players who are nationalistic and yet global in outlook and behaviour.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
To produce graduates who are professional, knowledgeable, competent and innovative in accounting and finance.
To produce graduates who possess strong communication and leadership skills to enable them to work well in a team.
To produce graduates who appreciate and are committed towards lifelong learning and continuous improvement especially, but not limited to, the fields of accounting and finance.
To produce graduates who have high integrity, strong ethics, high commitment and social responsibility.
To produce graduates who are capable of starting, growing and sustaining entrepreneurial ventures, and those who are able to work equipped with strong accounting, finance, and entrepreneurial skills.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLO)
Majors in accounting will be able to:
Identify, classify, record, summarise and report socio-economic environment which affect organisations.
Prepare financial statements in accordance with approved accounting standards for organisations and simple structured groups
Provide financial and non-financial information to help management make business and organisational decisions including setting up businesses.
Interpret and evaluate financial and non-financial information for decision-making.
Use and evaluate information system and technologies to achieve organisational objectives.
Prepare tax returns and advise on tax matters for individuals and simple business entities.
Perform audits for non-complex entities using appropriate technologies.
Think critically in the application of knowledge and suggest possible solutions to accounting issues.
Integrate other business and management applications accordance to the basic accounting competencies.
Work collaboratively in a management team.
Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with different stakeholders.
Demonstrate behaviour consistent with professional ethics and social responsibility.
Demonstrate a commitment to life-long learning and professional development.
Demonstrate leadership and entrepreneurial skills.
The following represents a sample of the internships and jobs that current students and recent graduates have reported.
- Big 4 Firms (PricewaterhouseCoopers, Ernst & Young, KPMG, Deloitte & Touche)
- Small and Medium Accounting and Assurance, Taxation, Company Secretarial Firms
- Management Consulting Firms
- Financial Services
- Government agencies
- Educational Institutions
- Multinational Enterprises
- Global business
- Industrial R & D in related fields
- Self-employed as an entrepreneur
- Non-profit organisation
MUET BAND 2; AND
Pass Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) or equivalent with a minimum grade of C+ (CGPA 2.33) in any TWO (2) subjects and credit in Mathematics at SPM level; OR
- A Level
Pass A-Level or equivalent in any TWO (2) subjects and credit in Mathematics at O-level or equivalent; OR
Pass Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with a minimum grade of Jayyid and credit in Mathematics at SPM level; OR
Pass Diploma (level 4 the Malaysian qualifications framework (MQF)) in Accounting or related discipline or equivalent with a minimum 2.50 CGPA; OR
Pass Vocational Diploma Malaysia (DVM), minimum 2.50 CGPA and a pass in the Vocational Certificate Malaysia (SVM) with Academic CGPA equal to or more than 2.00; Vocational CGPA equal to or more than 2.67 and competent all vocational modules; and a distinction in Bahasa Melayu SVM Code 1104; (Please refer to: JPT/BPP(P) 1000-750 JLD 18 (7) Date; 25th June 2018) OR
- Matriculation / Foundation
Pass Foundation in Science and Technology/Foundation in Science/Foundation in Business from UniKL with minimum 2.50 CGPA and credit in Mathematics at SPM level; OR
Pass Matriculation/Foundation or its equivalent from Institution of Higher Learning (IHL) recognized by the Malaysian Government with a minimum 2.50 CGPA and credit in Mathematics at SPM level; OR
Pass International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a minimum of 24 points; OR
Pass Australian Grade 12; OR
Pass Ontario Grade 12; OR
Other qualifications recognized by University Kuala Lumpur, Senate
Candidates from Matriculation/STPM, STAM, Foundation and Diploma can receive an exemption from obtaining a pass in Mathematics at SPM level if their qualification includes Mathematics and the achievement is equivalent/more than the Mathematics subject at SPM level.
For International Students, a score of 550 in TOEFL or 5.5 in IELTS or equivalent is required unless;
- The international student is from a country where English is the spoken language; or
- The international student academic qualification is from an institution where the entire medium of instruction is in English; or
- The international student has studied in Malaysia and plans to continue studying at a higher level, subject to item (b).
(Please refer to: UniKL/CQA/POL/06 Date;03/01/2018)
- Introduction to Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting 1
- Mathematics for Business
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Writing for Business Purposes
- Isu-isu Kontemporari Muslim di Malaysia / Culture and Lifestyle in Malaysia
- Mandarin 1
- Financial Accounting and Reporting I
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Statistics for Business
- Commercial Law
- Financial Accounting and Reporting II
- Taxation I
- Management Accounting II
- Communication for Business Purpose
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Ethnic Relations / Malaysian Studies III
- Financial Accounting and Reporting 3
- Audit 1
- Principles of Finance
- Human Capital Management
- Mandarin 2
- Tamadun Islam & Tamadun Asia (TITAS) / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2
- Financial Accounting and Reporting 4
- Taxation 2
- Accounting Information System 1
- Corporate Law
- Corporate Ethics and Governance
- Innovation Management
- Accounting Theory and Practices
- Audit 2
- Accounting Information System 2
- Organisational Studies
- Global Entrepreneurship
Industrial Training (24 weeks)
- Management Accounting 3
- Integrated Case Study
- Public Sector Accounting
- Strategic Policy Management
- Business Research
- Issues in Contemporary Accounting
- Islamic Accounting Practices
- Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination
- Investment Analysis
- Specialised Accounting
- Taxation 3
- Advanced Managerial Finance
UniKL Business School
Accounting And Taxation
Jan / July / Sept
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 - 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011 - 596 56805
Fax: +603 - 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL