* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Bachelor in Accounting (Hons)
Sarjana Muda Perakaunan (Kepujian)
With our program we aim to provide an internationally recognised degree in accounting and to produce graduates with functional management skills, strong accounting and finance knowledge, exemplary leadership skills, high commitment towards pursuit of knowledge and excellence, and are innovative, socially responsible and good team players who are nationalistic and yet global in outlook and behaviour.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
To produce graduates who are professional, knowledgeable, competent and innovative in accounting and finance.
To produce graduates who possess strong communication and leadership skills to enable them to work well in a team.
To produce graduates who appreciate and are committed towards lifelong learning and continuous improvement especially, but not limited to, the fields of accounting and finance.
To produce graduates who have high integrity, strong ethics, high commitment and social responsibility.
To produce graduates who are capable of starting, growing and sustaining entrepreneurial ventures, and those who are able to work equipped with strong accounting, finance, and entrepreneurial skills.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLO)
Majors in accounting will be able to:
Identify, classify, record, summarise and report socio-economic environment which affect organisations.
Prepare financial statements in accordance with approved accounting standards for organisations and simple structured groups
Provide financial and non-financial information to help management make business and organisational decisions including setting up businesses.
Interpret and evaluate financial and non-financial information for decision-making.
Use and evaluate information system and technologies to achieve organisational objectives.
Prepare tax returns and advise on tax matters for individuals and simple business entities.
Perform audits for non-complex entities using appropriate technologies.
Think critically in the application of knowledge and suggest possible solutions to accounting issues.
Integrate other business and management applications accordance to the basic accounting competencies.
Work collaboratively in a management team.
Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with different stakeholders.
Demonstrate behaviour consistent with professional ethics and social responsibility.
Demonstrate a commitment to life-long learning and professional development.
Demonstrate leadership and entrepreneurial skills.
The following represents a sample of the internships and jobs that current students and recent graduates have reported.
- Big 4 Firms (PricewaterhouseCoopers, Ernst & Young, KPMG, Deloitte & Touche)
- Small and Medium Accounting and Assurance, Taxation, Company Secretarial Firms
- Management Consulting Firms
- Financial Services
- Government agencies
- Educational Institutions
- Multinational Enterprises
- Global business
- Industrial R & D in related fields
- Self-employed as an entrepreneur
- Non-profit organisation
- Introduction to Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting 1
- Mathematics for Business
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Writing for Business Purposes
- Isu-isu Kontemporari Muslim di Malaysia / Culture and Lifestyle in Malaysia
- Mandarin 1
- Financial Accounting and Reporting I
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Statistics for Business
- Commercial Law
- Financial Accounting and Reporting II
- Taxation I
- Management Accounting II
- Communication for Business Purpose
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Ethnic Relations / Malaysian Studies III
- Financial Accounting and Reporting 3
- Audit 1
- Principles of Finance
- Human Capital Management
- Mandarin 2
- Tamadun Islam & Tamadun Asia (TITAS) / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2
- Financial Accounting and Reporting 4
- Taxation 2
- Accounting Information System 1
- Corporate Law
- Corporate Ethics and Governance
- Innovation Management
- Accounting Theory and Practices
- Audit 2
- Accounting Information System 2
- Organisational Studies
- Global Entrepreneurship
Industrial Training (24 weeks)
- Management Accounting 3
- Integrated Case Study
- Public Sector Accounting
- Strategic Policy Management
- Business Research
- Issues in Contemporary Accounting
- Islamic Accounting Practices
- Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination
- Investment Analysis
- Specialised Accounting
- Taxation 3
- Advanced Managerial Finance
UniKL Business School
Accounting And Taxation
Jan / July / Sept
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 - 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011 - 596 56805
Fax: +603 - 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL