* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
IT has emerged as a distinct technology through a focus and computerization, telecommunication and multimedia techniques. Over the past few years, the progress in IT was so rapid; it led to an increased demand for IT professionals in private and service sectors. The BCEM programme is specially designed to fill this need for professionals for the required expertise to manage IT-related companies of tomorrow.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1 : UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative towards the requirement of the human capital in related industry
- PEO2 : UniKL graduates who are effective leaders with teamwork skills as well as verbal and non-verbal interpersonal skills
- PEO3 : UniKL graduates who are committed towards the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement
- PEO4 : UniKL Graduates who are professional, ethical, and socially responsible
- PEO5 : UniKL Graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
- PLO1 : Apply skills and principles of lifelong learning in academic and career development.
- PLO2 : Communicate effectively with peers, clients, superiors and society at large.
- PLO3 : Demonstrate teamwork, leadership, interpersonal and social skills.
- PLO4 : Utilise relevant techniques and demonstrate analytical and critical thinking skills in problem solving.
- PLO5 : Demonstrate professionalism and social and ethical consideration in accordance with ethical and legal principles.
- PLO6 : Apply broad business and real world perspectives daily and demonstrate entrepreneurial skills.
- PLO7 : Demonstrate knowledge of essential facts, concepts, principles and theories relating to Information Systems.
- PLO8 : Demonstrate understanding of business requirement.
- PLO9 : Apply theoretical principles of Information Systems in relevant areas.
- PLO10 : Be able to plan, design and manage business Information Systems, with the relevant technology and knowledge to enhance organisational performance.
The business and computing skills in this degree programme will be of value to those seeking employment in areas such as software engineering, applications development, systems analysis, internet development, systems design, scientific research and business analysis. The non-technical skills such as communication, numeracy, team-working, and project management skills mean that they also gain secure non-technical roles in areas such as management, sales, and finance.
- Introduction to E-Business
- Principles of Management
- Introduction to Computing and Information Systems
- Fundamental English
- Business Mathematics
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A
- Co-Curriculum I
- Principles of Marketing
- Introduction to Economics
- Probability and Statistics for IT
- Principles of Computer Programming
- Professional English I
- Introduction to Finance
- Management of IT Resources
- Computer Networks
- Introduction to Econometrics
- Web-Based Software Design
- Co-Curriculum II
- Professional English II
- Introduction to Accounting
- Interaction Design
- Islamic/Moral Studies
- Internet Programming
- Database Management Systems
- Innovation Management
- Cyber Law
- Economics of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Management Information Systems
- Malaysian Studies
- Research Methodology
- Mandarin I
- Elective I
- Project Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Mandarin II
- Final Year Project I
- Elective II
- CEM Exhibition
- Customer Relationship Management
- Final Year Project II
- Elective III
- Industrial Training
JPT/BPP (R2/482/6/0108) 11/28, MQA A7387
Information and Computing Technology
January & September
Full Time : 3.5 Years
Part Time : 5.5 Years
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011-56938263 or +6011-59656805
Fax: +603 – 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL