* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
This programme provides students with the essential knowledge and skills to enable them specify, design, model, implement, program, and test integrated hardware and software systems as creative solutions to engineering problems. Computer Engineering is a field with significant career potential because wherever there are computers, there will be jobs for computer engineers. Computer Engineering graduates find positions in industries where starting salaries are among the highest offered to university graduates.
Students shall learn both the hardware and software aspects of a computer system, as well as the electronic or electrical components that come with it. Students will also be exposed to creating/ connecting the computer systems interface with the real-world. In addition, students will be exposed to designing, implementing and maintaining virtualised data centres and software-defined networking to support enterprise data demands. Since Cloud computing is the future of data centre operations, these skills will be extremely valued. Computer Systems Engineering students can specialize in areas such as computer systems, system administration, computer networks, embedded system design, programming languages, real-time computing and control, cloud computing, signals and systems, machine learning and system software. Students will also be equipped with the required tools that enable them to be part of a design team for creating and establishing an integrated digital hardware and software systems in a broad scope of application fields.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PLO1 :UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative which will contribute towards the requirement of the human capital in engineering technology related industries.
- PEO2 : UniKL graduates who have effective leadership and team work skills as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their roles in industry.
- PEO3 : UniKL graduates who are commited to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- PEO4 : UniKL graduates who practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.
- PEO5 : UniKL graduates who are capable to participate in business and technopreneurial activities of the industries.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
- PLO1 : Knowledge: Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and computer engineering systems specialisation to define and apply practical procedures, processes, systems or methodologies.
- PLO2 : Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature and analyse broadly-defined computer engineering systems problems reaching substantiated conclusions using analytical tools appropriate to their discipline or area of specialisation.
- PLO3 : Design/ development of solutions: Design solutions for broadly-defined engineering technology problems and contribute to the design of systems, components or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PLO4 : Investigation: Conduct investigations of broadly-defined problems; locate, search and select relevant data from codes, data bases and literature, design and conduct experiments to provide valid conclusions.
- PLO5 : Modern Tool Usage: Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern computer engineering systems and IT tools, including prediction and modelling, to broadly-defined computer engineering systems activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- PLO6 : The Engineer and Society: Demonstrate understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to engineering technology practice and solution to broadly-defined engineering problems.
- PLO7 : Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of engineering technology solutions in societal and environmental context and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- PLO8 : Ethics: Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering technology practice.
- PLO9 : Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse technical teams.
- PLO10 : Communications: Communicate effectively on broadly-defined engineering activities with the computer engineering systems community and with society at large, by being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PLO11 : Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team and to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- PLO12 : Life Long Learning: Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in specialist technologies.
- System Engineer
- Computer Engineer
- Embedded System Engineer
- Computer Hardware Engineer
- Network System Engineer
- Engineering Mathematics 1
- Digital Principles
- C Programming
- Engineering Physics
- Fundamental English
- Professional English 1
- Falsafah dan Isu Semasa / Philosphy and Current Issues (L)
- Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2 (I)
- Engineering Mathematics 2
- Network Fundamentals
- Electrical Circuit Analysis
- Object – Oriented Programming
- Electromagnetics for Engineers
- Discrete Mathematics for IT
- Operating System Administration
- Microprocessor and Microcontroller Systems
- Network Routing and Switching
- Foreign Language 1 **
- Innovation Management
- Probability and Statistic for IT
- IoT Network
- Embedded System
- Network Operating System
- Sensor Technology for IoT
- Foreign Language 2 **
- Penghayatan Etika dan Peradaban (L)
- Falsafah dan Isu Semasa / Philosophy and Current Issues (I) or Penghayatan Etika dan Peradaban (I)
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- DevOps Essential
- Database Management Systems
- Engineering Ethics & Society
- Isu – isu Kontemporari Muslim di Malaysia (L-M)
- Culture and Lifestyle in Malaysia 2 (L-NM & I)
- Data Science Essentials
- Design Project
- Computer System Security
- Final Year Project 1
- Professional English 2
- Elective 1**
- Elective BCE 2**
- Elective BCE 3**
- Elective BCE 4**
- Final Year Project 2
- Industrial Training
- System Performance and Modeling
- Pattern Recognition
- Computer Vision
- Mobile And Ubiquitous Computing
- Internet Programming
- Network Services Administration
- Cloud Computing
- Selected Topics in Communication Systems
- Minimum MUET Band 2 and Pass Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) or equivalent with minimum Grade C (CGPA 2.0) in Mathematics and one (1) relevant science subject OR
- Recognised Diploma in Engineering or Engineering Technology or equivalent with minimum CGPA 2.0 OR
- Recognised related Technical / Vocational / Skills Diploma with minimum CGPA 2.0
- Note: Based on MoE letter (Appendix 1) and ETAC Standard 2019 & 2020 Above minimum entry requirement is valid to be used started 22 April 2019 onwards
- Entry Requirement:
Click for more detail
JPT/BPP (R2/523/6/0281) 11/28, MQA/FA11162
January & July
Full Time : 4 Years
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
1016 Jalan Sultan Ismail 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011-56938263 or +6011-59656805
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL