* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Hons.) in Electrical
Sarjana Muda Teknologi Kejuruteraan (Kepujian) Elektrik
Today’s sophisticated workplace demands high-tech professionals who can successfully put their knowledge and skills to work in the dynamic field of electrical engineering technology. Our bachelor’s degree program of Engineering Technology in Electrical is designed to provide you a comprehensive set of skills as an engineering technologist in various sectors.
The program blends minds-on theory and hands-on applications in preparing you to be expertise in electrical engineering field. You will not only learn about the fundamental concepts such as electrical circuits, industrial control, instrumentation, renewable energy, power generation, transmission and distribution; but also will learn to construct, test and analyze electrical circuits and systems using up-to-date engineering tools.
Prior to graduation, you will undergo a 24-week industrial training attachment at a real workplace. All these wide range of subjects are designed to advance both your technical knowledge and soft skills in communications, management, technopreneurship and professional practice.
The strengths of this bachelor’s programme are:
- Fully accreditation and approval by relevant authorities.
- Hands-on approach with high percentage of practical work to support fundamental knowledge.
- Teaching-and-learning approach is both conventional and interactive.
- Academic staff with industrial experience and members of professional bodies.
- Exposure to various leading edge technologies in the areas of control and instrumentations, power and energy, industrial automation, etc.
- Versatile programme where students may pursue study at masters and PhD levels in many different engineering fields
- Options to add values with Professional Certifications
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1
UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable, competent, and innovative, which will contribute towards the requirement of human capital in Engineering Technology field.
- PEO 2
UniKL graduates who are effective leaders with teamwork skills, as well as verbal and non-verbal interpersonal communication skills to support their role in industry.
- PEO 3
UniKL graduates who are committed towards the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- PEO 4
UniKL graduates who are professional, ethical, and socially responsible.
- PEO 5
UniKL graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Majors in engineering technology will be able to:
- PLO 1
Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and electrical engineering technology to defined and applied engineering procedures, processes, systems or methodologies. (P)
- PLO 2
Identify, formulate, research literature and solve systematically broadly defined electrical engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using analytical tools appropriate to electrical engineering discipline. (C)
- PLO 3
Design solutions for broadly defined electrical engineering technology problem and contribute to the design of systems, components or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, environmental and sustainability. (P)
- PLO 4
Plan and conduct experimental investigations of broadly defined electrical technology engineering problems using data from relevant sources. (P)
- PLO 5
Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering tools, with an understanding of the limitations. (P)
- PLO 6
Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse technical teams. (A)
- PLO 7
Communicate effectively with the engineering community and with society at large. (A)
- PLO 8
Demonstrate awareness and consideration for societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities and norms of engineering technology practice. (C)
- PLO 9
Demonstrate an understanding of professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of engineering technology practice. (A)
- PLO 10
Demonstrate the understanding of the impact of engineering practices, taking into account the need for sustainable development. (C)
- PLO 11
Demonstrate an understanding of management, business practices and entrepreneurship. (C)
- PLO 12
Recognize the need for professional development and engage in independent and lifelong learning. (A)
Successful graduates in this field may find employment opportunities in energy, oil & gas and manufacturing industries. In these industries, graduates may join the workforces in product development, testing, quality control, installation, sales, distribution, field service, maintenance and research.
Additionally, graduates may also work or become technopreneurs in engineering related fields such as agro-technology, entertainment & event management and small & medium industries. Those interested in teaching or research may continue their studies in Master of Engineering Technology or Master of Engineering, and PhD.
Upon completion, BET Electrical Degree holders may register as an Engineering Technologist and join the industrial workforce in many sectors such as:
- Manufacturing (Production technologist, Quality Control technicians, Logistic engineer)
- Oil and Gas (Control technician, Instrumentation technologist)
- Research and development (Design technologist, product developer)
- Education (Lecturer, technician, academic executive)
- Technical service providers (Consultant, engineering contractors)
- Engineering product trading (Suppliers, Vendors, Marketing executive, Product engineer)
- Technopreneurship (Innovator, Designer, Entrepreneur, Motivator)
- Fundamental English
- Professional English 1
- Engineering Mathematics 1
- Tamadun Islam & Tamadun Asia (TITAS)
- Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2
- Engineering Mathematics 2
- Introduction to Electronics
- Electrical and Electronics Workshop
- Introduction to Electric Circuits
- Introduction to Measurement and Instrumentation
- Introduction to Digital Electronics
- Hubungan Etnik / Pengajian Malaysia 3
- Engineering Mathematics 3
- Electronics Devices and Circuits
- Electrical Circuit Theorems
- Engineering Mechanics
- Essential Management Principles
- Programming for Engineers
- Mandarin 1
- Engineering Mathematics 4
- Network Analysis
- Electronics Amplifier Circuits
- Power Electronics
- Printed Circuit Design and Engineering Drawing
- Mandarin 2
- Power System
- Control System
- Professional English 2
- Introduction to Microprocessor
- Electrical Machines and Drives
- Isu-isu Kontemporari Muslim di Malaysia / Culture & Lifestyle in Malaysia
- Final Year Project 1
- Power Quality
- Programmable Logic Controller and Application
- Communication Systems
- Industrial Safety and Health
- Elective 1
- Final Year Project 2
- Innovation Management
- Electrical Systems in Building
- Siswa-siswi Pertahanan Awam 2
- Elective 2
- Industrial Training
- Measurement and Instrumentation System
- Industrial Control
- Power Protection System
- Artificial Intelligence
- Robotics and Intelligent Systems
- Intoduction to Renewable Energy
- High Voltage Technology
- Optoelectronic Devices
JPT/BPP(R/522/6/0039)06/19, MQA A10136
Electricity and Energy
January & September Only
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 - 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011 - 2076 8869
Fax: +603 - 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL