* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Automation and Robotics) with Honours (ART) programme is ETAC accredited and registered at MQA under Electronics and Automation specialization area. The duration of full-time study generally takes 4 years to complete. Students are required to complete 120 credit hours of courses that includes engineering technology core, humanities, technopreneur, capstone, final year project and industrial training. Graduate from ART can find their career path in manufacturing automation, robotic based automation, artificial intelligence in manufacturing and software development for machine interfacing and control.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1
UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative which will contribute towards the human capital in engineering technology related industry.
- PEO 2
UniKL graduates who have effective leadership and team work skills as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their role in robotics industry.
- PEO 3
UniKL graduates who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- PEO 4
UniKL graduates who practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.
- PEO 5
UniKL graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Majors in engineering technology will be able to:
- PLO 1 Knowledge
Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to define and applied engineering procedures, processes, system or methodologies in the area of Automation and Robotics.
- PLO 2 Problem analysis
Identify, formulate, research literature and analyse broadly-defined of problems reaching substantiated conclusions using analytical tools appropriate to their discipline or area of specialization.
- PLO 3 Design/development of solutions
Design solutions for broadly-defined engineering technology problems and contribute to the design systems, components or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental considerations in the are of Automation and Robotics.
- PLO 4 Investigation
Conduct investigations of broadly-defined problems; locate, search and select relevant data from codes, data bases and literature review, design and conduct experiments to provide valid conclusion.
- PLO 5 Modern Tool Usage
Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modeling, to broadly defined engineering problems in the area of Automation and Robotics, with an understanding of the limitations.
- PLO 6 The Engineer and Society
Demonstrate understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to engineering technology practice and solution to broadly-defined engineering problem.
- PLO 7 Environment and Sustainability
Understand the impact of engineering technology solution of broadly-defined engineering problems in a societal and environment context and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- PLO 8 Ethics
Understand and commit to professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of engineering technology practice.
- PLO 9 Individual and Team Work
Function effectively as individual, and as member or leader in diverse technical teams.
- PLO 10 Communications
Communicate effectively on broadly defined engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, by being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PLO 11 Project Management and Finance
Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of engineering management principles, business practices and technopreneurial competencies.
- PLO 12 Lifelong Learning
Recognize the need for and have the ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning.
ART graduates can find themselves in a variety of roles, such as engineering technologist, assistant engineer, technical sales, executive and technopreneur in the following economic sectors:
- Production and manufacturing.
- Process plant operation and maintenance.
- Engineering services, project management.
- Robotics and automation production line.
- Automation system integration.
- Software development for machine interfacing.
- Tamadun Islam & Tamadun Asia (TITAS)
- Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2 (for International student)
- Calculus 1
- Fundamental English
- Professional English 1
- Engineering Ethics
- Mechatronics System Design
- Occupational Safety & Health
- Isu-Isu Kotemporari Muslim di Malaysia
- Culture and Lifestyle in Malaysia
- Engineering Drawing
- Workshop Practice
- Statics & Dynamics
- Electrical Principles
- Basic Programming
- Co-Curiculum 2
- Hubungan Etnik (L) / Malaysian Studies 3
- Calculus 2
- Material Science
- Computer Aided Design and Engineering 1
- Analog and Digital Electronics
- Automation Technology
- Professional English 2
- Statistics for Engineering Technology
- Project Management
- Mechanics and Machine Design
- Electrical Machines
- Electronic Design 1
- Control Systems
- French 1
- Programmable Logic Controller & Industrial Networking
- Power Electronics and Drives
- Production & Operation Management
- Embedded System Technology
- Elective 1
- French 2
- Final Year Project 1
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Internet of Things (IoT) and Data Analytics
- Elective 2
- Final Year Project 2
- Flexible Manufacturing System
- Mobile Robotics
- Innovation Management
- Elective 3
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Vision Technology
- Real Time System
- Computer Aided Production Management
- Work Study
- Computer Aided Design 2
- Entry Requirement:
Click for more detail
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Kampus Cawangan Malaysia France Institute (UniKL MFI)
JPT/BPP (R3/523/6/0087) 09/29 MQA/FA 13103
Electronics & Automation
January & September Only
4 years(Full Time)
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011-56938263 or +6011-59656805
Fax: +603 – 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL