* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering Technology (Machine Manufacturing) with Honours
Sarjana Muda Teknologi Kejuruteraan Mekanikal (Pembuatan Mesin) dengan Kepujian
This bachelor programme prepares students with the knowledge in Machine Tools and Manufacturing. This field of study encompasses mainly mechanical, manufacturing and metrology. Students are prepared to perform duty as production engineer especially when dealing with machine tools.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1
UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative in the field of machine tools manufacturing engineering technology.
- PEO 2
UniKL graduates who are effective leaders with teamwork skills, as well as verbal and non-verbal interpersonal communication skills to support their role in the field of machine tools manufacturing engineering technology.
- PEO 3
UniKL graduates who are committed towards the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- PEO 4
UniKL graduates who are professional, ethical, and socially responsible.
- PEO 5
UniKL graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Majors in engineering technology will be able to:
- PLO 1
Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to defined and applied engineering procedures, processes, systems or methodologies.
- PLO 2
Identify, formulate, research literature and analyse broadly-defined engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using analytical tools appropriate to the area of machine tools manufacturing engineering technology.
- PLO 3
Design solutions for broadly-defined engineering technology problems and contribute to the design of systems, components or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PLO 4
Conduct investigations of broadly-defined problems; locate, search and select relevant data from codes, data bases and literature, design and conduct experiments to provide valid conclusion.
- PLO 5
Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering tools, including prediction and modeling, to broadly-defined engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- PLO 6
Demonstrate understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to engineering technology practice.
- PLO 7
Understand the impact of engineering technology solutions in societal and environmental context and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- PLO 8
Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms engineering technology practice.
- PLO 9
Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse technical teams.
- PLO 10
Communicate effectively on broadly-defined engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, by being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
- PLO 11
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team and to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- PLO 12
Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in machine tools manufacturing engineering technology.
Graduates of this bachelor may find employment as:
- Industrial Quality / Production / Application / Project Engineer
- Manufacturing Quality / Application / Project Engineer
- Industrial / Manufacturing Consultant
- Industrial / Manufacturing Specialist
- Industrial / Manufacturing Professionals and Experts
- Precision and Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
- Mechanical and Any Specialization of Manufacturing Engineer
- Tamadun Islam & Tamadun Asia (TITAS)
- Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2 (I)
- Applied Calculus 1
- Fundamental English
- Professional English 1
- Isu-Isu Kotemporari Muslim di Malaysia
- Culture and Lifestyle in Malaysia
- Electrical Principles
- Material Science
- Statics and Dynamics
- Workshop Practice
- Workshop Practice
- Co-Curiculum 2
- Engineering Ethics
- Applied Calculus 2 (Mechanical)
- Basic Programming
- Hubungan Etnik (L) / Malaysian Studies 3 (I)
- Strength of Materials
- Machine Tool Technology
- Applied Engineering Metrology
- Statistical Data Analysis
- Professional English 2
- Occupational Safety & Health
- Computer Aided Design and Engineering 1
- Mechanics and Machine Design
- Manufacturing Process
- CNC and CAD CAM Technology
- French 1
- Project Management
- Engineering Thermofluids
- Jigs and Fixtures Design
- Fundamental Metallurgy
- Pneumatics and Hydraulics
- Elective 1
- Final Year Project 1
- French 2
- Automation Technology
- Modern Machining
- Machine Tool Design
- Advanced Manufacturing Technology
- Final Year Project 2
- Innovation Management
- Manufacturing Design & Process
- Mechanical Engineering Laboratory
- Elective 3
- Computer Aided Design 2
- DT and NDT
- Production and Operation Management
- Robotic Welding
- Computer Aided Engineering 2
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Kampus Cawangan Malaysia France Institute (UniKL MFI)
JPT/BPP(R2/521/6/0034)05/22 MQA A 7629
Mechanics & Metal Work
January & September Only
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011 – 2076 8869
Fax: +603 – 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL