* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Manufacturing Systems) with Honours
Sarjana Muda Teknologi Kejuruteraan (Sistem Pembuatan) dengan Kepujian
The Manufacturing Systems Engineering (MSE) programme focuses on system-approach to manufacturing and designing/planning for future requirements. It emphasizes the relationships between product design requirements, manufacturing processes and systems, taking into account human, economics and environmental factors. At the end of the programme, students of MSE are expected to:
- Apply basic knowledge and skills in mathematics, science and engineering to solve problems in manufacturing processes and systems
- Design, plan and control, implement, analyze and improve manufacturing processes and systems with appropriate considerations to human, economics and environmental factors
- Apply computer and automation technologies to manufacturing processes and systems
- Acquire skills in technopreneurship, problem-solving, communication, leadership and teamwork
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1
UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative and able to contribute towards the human capital in manufacturing engineering related industry.
- PEO 2
UniKL graduates with effective leadership and team work skills as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their role in industry
- PEO 3
UniKL graduates who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- PEO 4
UniKL graduates who practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility
- PEO 5
UniKL graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Majors in engineering technology will be able to:
- PLO 1
Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and manufacturing engineering to the defined and applied engineering procedures, processes, systems or methodologies.
- PLO 2
Identify, formulate, research literature and solve broadly-defined engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using analytical tools appropriate to manufacturing engineering discipline.
- PLO 3
Design solutions for broadly-defined manufacturing engineering technology problems and contribute to the design of systems, components or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- PLO 4
Conduct investigations of broadly-defined manufacturing engineering problems; locate, search and select relevant data from codes, data bases and literature, design and conduct experiments to provide a valid conclusion.
- PLO 5
Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering tools, including prediction and modeling, to broadly-defined manufacturing engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- PLO 6
Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse technical teams.
- PLO 7
Communicate effectively on broadly defined engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, by being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
- PLO 8
Demonstrate understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities and norms of engineering technology practice.
- PLO 9
Commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering technology practice.
- PLO 10
Recognize the impact of engineering solutions in a societal context and demonstrate knowledge of and the need for sustainable development.
- PLO 11
Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of management, business practices, and technopreneurial competencies.
- PLO 12
Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning
Graduates in this field may find employment in manufacturing-related industries such as:
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Production Engineer
- Planning and Control Engineer
- Industrial Engineer
- Process Designer / Engineer.
- Tamadun Islam & Tamadun Asia (TITAS) / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2
- Isu-isu Kontemporari Muslim di Malaysia / Culture and Lifestyle in Malaysia
- Engineering Mathematics 1
- Fundamental English
- Professional English 1
- Engineering Sciences
- Engineering Mathematics 2
- Engineering Drawing
- Product Design
- Metrology and Workshop Practice
- Information Technology
- Electrical And Electronics Fundamentals
- Industrial Automation and Robotics
- Manufacturing Technology
- Production and Operations Management
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanics Of Materials
- Foreign Language 1
- Hubungan Etnik / Pengajian Malaysia 3
- Engineering Economic
- CADCAM and CNC
- Design For Manufacture and Assembly
- Applied Statistics
- Foreign Language 2
- Quality Engineering
- Manufacturing Optimization
- Professional English 2
- Engineering Mechanics: Dynamics
- Elective 1
- Production System and Simulation
- Six Sigma Methodology
- Inspection and Measurement Technology
- Final Year Project 1 (FYP1)
- Elective 2
- Project Management
- Innovation Management
- Lean and Agile Manufacturing
- Maintenance and Reliability Systems
- Technologist In Society
- Final Year Project 2 (FYP2)
- Elective 3
- Industrial Training
- Computer Programming
- Solid Modeling
- Surface Modeling
- Advanced Product Design
- Non-Traditional Machining
- Geometrical Dimensional and Tolerance
- Electrocoating and Deposition Processes
UniKL MIDI (formerly known as UniKL IPROM)
JPT/BPP (R2/540/6/0010) 04/23, MQA/FA11168
Product Design & Precision Manufacturing
January & September Only
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011 – 2076 8869
Fax: +603 – 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL