* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Bachelor of Electronic Engineering Technology (Medical Electronics) with Honours
(Formerly Known as Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Hons.) in Medical Electronics)
Sarjana Muda Teknologi Kejuruteraan Elektronik (Elektronik Perubatan) dengan Kepujian
The need for more sophisticated medical equipment is expanding tremendously in parallel with the growing numbers of hospitals in Malaysia. In the absence of Medical Engineering Technologist, the situation will be dire. The Bachelor Electronics Engineering Technology (Medical Electronics) with Honours programme, offered by Universiti Kuala Lumpur, British Malaysian Institute (UniKL BMI), is one of the pioneering medical engineering technology programme introduced by a local technical university. The programme provides students with the unique opportunity to achieve understanding, knowledge, and skills in both electronics techniques and human physiology and enables them to make an immediate contribution in electronics and clinical aspects of their work.
- Acquired fundamental knowledge of the human system and various medical electronics fields such as in human physiology, medical physics, medical lasers, medical imaging, medical instrumentation, electronics in therapeutics and rehabilitation, electromechanical medical devices and telemedicine technology.
- Acquired understanding and skills in Plan Preventive Maintenance (PPM) including Equipment Safety Test (EST) on certain medical electronics equipment.
- Our Teaching Factory with RADIBEMS Sdn Bhd bridges pertinent maintenance training with academic learning to expose students to real industrial exposure and in Medical Equipment Troubleshooting and Repair.
- Acquired basic skills in constructing, testing and troubleshooting electronics circuits as part of the process in designing medical electronics equipment/device during labs and FYP.
- Our courses always update the students with the latest medical engineering technologies, especially in the areas of Diagnostic and Therapeutic, Bioinstrumentation and Medical Imaging.
- We offer an extensive coverage of some of the most popular engineering programmes, including Bioinstrumentation, Nano-engineering, Medical Imaging, and Rehabilitation Engineering until PhD level.
- We offer a limited session of optional Professional Certification in Electrical Safety Test, to senior year students to create added values to their resumes.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1
UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable, competent, and innovative, which will contribute towards the requirement of human capital in Engineering Technology field.
- PEO 2
UniKL graduates who are effective leaders with teamwork skills, as well as verbal and non-verbal interpersonal communication skills to support their role in industry
- PEO 3
UniKL graduates who are committed towards the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- PEO 4
UniKL graduates who are professional, ethical, and socially responsible
- PEO 5
UniKL graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Majors in engineering technology will be able to:
- PLO 1
Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialisation to define and applied engineering procedures, processes, systems or methodologies.
- PLO 2
Identify, formulate, research literature and solve broadly defined engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using analytical tools appropriate to their discipline or area of specialization
- PLO 3
Design solutions for broadly defined engineering technology problems and contribute to the designs of systems, components or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- PLO 4
Conduct investigations of broadly defined problems; locate, search and select relevant data from codes, data bases and literature, design and conduct experiments to provide valid conclusion.
- PLO 5
Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modelling, to broadly-defined engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- PLO 6
Demonstrate understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities and norms of broadly-defined engineering technology practice.
- PLO 7
Understand the impact of broadly-defined engineering technology solutions in societal and environmental context and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- PLO 8
Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of broadly-defined engineering technology practice.
- PLO 9
Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse technical teams.
- PLO 10
Communicate effectively on broadly-defined engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, by being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
- PLO 11
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team and to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- PLO 12
Recognize the need for and have the ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in specialist technologies.
The advancement in healthcare technologies has increased the demand for engineers who are responsible for designing, development, and maintenance of specialized biomedical instrumentation systems. Relatively, graduates with Bachelor Electronics Engineering Technology (Medical Electronics) with Honours shall be able to pursue careers as biomedical engineers, medical electronics engineers, or medical equipment specialists. The graduates also can be employed as electrical or electronics engineers because they have the foundations in electrical and electronics engineering as well.
Upon completion, Bachelor Electronics Engineering Technology (Medical Electronics) with Honours Degree holders may register as an Engineering Technologist and join the industrial workforce in many sectors such as:
- Biomedical Engineers
- Medical Electronics Engineers
- Biomedical / Medical Electronics Technologist
- Medical Equipment Specialist
- Medical Electronics Sales Engineers/Representatives
- Customer Support Engineers
- Biomedical / Medical Electronics Technicians
- Electrical / Electronics Engineers
- Fundamental English
- Professional English 1
- Engineering Mathematics 1
- Tamadun Islam & Tamadun Asia (TITAS)
- Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2
- Electrical and Electronics Workshop
- Introduction to Electric Circuits
- Engineering Mechanics
- Engineering Mathematics 2
- Introduction to Electronics
- Introduction to Digital Electronics
- Electrical Circuit Theorems
- Programming For Engineers
- Hubungan Etnik
- Pengajian Malaysia 3
- Professional English 2
- Engineering Mathematics 3
- Digital Electronics
- Introduction to Medical Device & Systems
- Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Electronic Devices and Circuits
- Essential Management Principles
- Foreign Language
- Signals and Systems
- Communication Systems
- Microprocessor and Embedded System
- Physiological Measurement
- Medical Physics
- Industrial Safety and Health
- Foreign Language 2
- Machine Learning in Medical System
- Internet of Things (IoT) Technology
- Biomedical Imaging Systems
- Medical Instrumentation
- Isu-isu Kotemporari Muslim di Malaysia
- Culture & Lifestyle in Malaysia
- Final Year Project 1
- Engineering Ethics and Professionalism in Society
- Biomedical Optics and Photonics
- Medical Devices Technology
- Innovation Management
- Final Year Project 2
- Hospital Management and Regulatory Safety Practice
- Co-Curriculum 2
- Industrial Training
- Rehabilitation Engineering
- Telemedicine Technology
- Electromechanical Medical Devices
- Introduction to Bio-nanotechnology
- Biomedical Laser Technology
- Biomedical Management & Planning
- Physics of Diagnostic Radiology
- Digital Communication System
- Multimedia over Data Networks
- Optoelectronics and Optical Fibre
- Digital Signal Processing
- Satellite Communication
- Network Security Operation
- Probability and Stochastic Processes
- Electronic Ticketing Systems
- Semiconductor Materials and Devices
- Analog and Digital IC Design
- Applied Python Programming
- Mobile System Development
- Industrial IoT
- IC Faults and Tests
- Electronic Power Systems
- Certification, Standards, and Regulations in Electronic Assemblies
- Green Building
- Smart Grid and SE System
- Robotics and Intelligent Systems
JPT/BPP (R2/520/6/0043) 06/23, MQA/FA11144
Medical Engineering Technology
January & September Only
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011-56938263 or +6011-59656805
Fax: +603 – 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL