* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Quality Engineering) with Honours
Sarjana Muda Teknologi Kejuruteraan (Kejuruteraan Kualiti) dengan Kepujian
Quality Engineering Technology (QET) is defined as the branch of application engineering which deals with the principles and practices of product and service quality assurance and quality control. It is the application of statistical, mathematical and management methods, to improve the quality and reliability of industrial products, services, systems and processes.
Competitive pressure and customer demands have made quality an important issue for all providers of consumer and industrial products and services. Dr. Joseph Juran defines the efforts related to quality as the entire collection of activities through which we achieve fitness-for-use. QET encompasses the full range of these activities, including the planning, organizing, managing and measuring of product and services quality.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1
UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative, who will contribute towards the human capital in Quality Engineering Technology.
- PEO 2
UnikL graduates who are well trained in the professional skills to support their role in Quality Engineering field such as effective leadership, teamwork skills and interpersonal communication skills.
- PEO 3
UnikL graduates who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement in the Quality Engineering field.
- PEO 4
UnikL Quality Engineering graduates who practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.
- PEO 5
UnikL graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities in Quality Engineering and related field.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
- PLO1 :
Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to defined and applied quality engineering procedures, processes, systems or methodologies.
- PLO2 :
Identify, formulate, research literature and solve broadly-defined quality engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using analytical tools appropriate to the discipline or area of specialisation.
- PLO3 :
Design solutions for broadly defined engineering technology problems and contribute to the design of systems, components or processes to meet specified needs of quality engineering with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- PLO4 :
Conduct investigations of broadly-defined problems; locate, search and select relevant data from codes, data bases and literature, design and conduct experiments to provide valid conclusions.
- PLO5 :
Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering tools, including prediction and modelling, to broadly-defined quality engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- PLO6 :
Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse technical teams
- PLO7 :
Communicate effectively on broadly-defined quality engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, by being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PLO8 :
Demonstrate understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to quality engineering technology practice.
- PLO9 :
Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of quality engineering technology practice.
- PLO10 :
Understand the impact of engineering solutions in a societal context and demonstrates knowledge of quality engineering and the need for sustainable development.
- PLO11 :
Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of management, business practices and technopreneurial competencies.
- PLO12 :
Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning
A career in quality engineering offers many different paths in a variety of settings such as:
- Quality Assurance Managers
- Service Quality Managers
- Quality Engineers
- Safety Specialists
- Health and Safety Advisors
- Process/System Analysts
- Internal / External Auditors
- Quality System Champions
- Management Quality Consultants
- Compliant Officers
The graduates from QE Program qualify to continue their study for higher level in Quality related field at any Universities in the world.
- Fundamental English
- Professional English 1
- Tamadun Islam & Tamadun Asia (TITAS)(L)/Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2 (I)
- Engineering Mathematics 1
- Fundamental of Physics in Engineering
- Engineering Drawing and Computer Aided Design
- Introduction to Quality Engineering
- Industrial Chemistry
- Materials Science
- Hubungan Etnik(L)/ Pengajian Malaysia 3(I)
- Engineering Mathematics 2
- Engineering Computer Programming
- Engineering Science
- Project Management
- Applied Statistics
- Quality Improvement Tools and Methods
- Innovation Management
- Professional English 2
- Isu-Isu Kontemporari Muslim Di Malaysia(L-M)/Culture And Lifestyle In Malaysia 2(L-NM) &(I)
- Advanced Metrology
- Manufacturing Process
- Introduction to Industrial Engineering
- Quality System and Standards
- Statistical Quality Control
- Foreign Language 1
- Engineering Economy
- Lean Manufacturing
- Destructive and Non Destructive Testing
- Quality Audit
- Design of Experiment
- Elective 1: Material Monitoring and Control Apparatus/Corrosion Engineering
- Innovative and Creative Circles(ICC)
- Taguchi Methods
- Quality, Reliability and Maintenance
- Foreign Language 2
- Work Design and Ergonomics
- Final Year Project 1
- Elective 2: Sustainable Energy and Green Technology/Occupational Safety and Health Management System
- TQM for Operational Excellence
- Lean Six Sigma
- Final Year Project 2
- Engineering Ethics
- Elective 3: Quantitative Research/Customer and Supplier in Engineering Technology
- Industrial Training
- Bahasa Kebangsaan (A)
- Career Guidance 2
- Community Service 2
- Culture 2
- Rakan Masjid 2
- Siswa-siswi Bomba & Penyelamat 2
- KOR Siswa-siswi Pertahanan Awam 2
- Sports Management 2
- Personal Financial Management 2
- Askar Wataniah 2
- Integrity & Anti- Rasuah 2
- Huffaz Professional 2
- Arabic 1
- Arabic 2
- French 1
- French 2
- Korean Language 1
- Korean Language 2
- Mandarin 1
- Mandarin 2
- Spanish 1
- Spanish 2
- Italian 1
- Italian 2
- Entry Requirement:
- Minimum MUET Band 2 and
- Pass Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) or equivalent with minimum Grade C (CGPA 2.0) in Mathematics and ONE (1) relevant science subject OR
- Recognised Diploma in Engineering or Engineering Technology or equivalent with minimum CGPA 2.0 OR
- Recognised related Technical / Vocational / Skills Diploma with minimum CGPA 2.0
Click for more detail
JPT/BPP(R2/520/6/0047) 06/23, MQA/ FA 11138
Engineering and Engineering Trades (Broad Programmes)
Level 6 – Bachelor
January & September Only
* Last Update 5/4/2021
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011-56938263 or +6011-59656805
Fax: +603 – 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL