* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Bachelor of Engineering with Honours (Chemical)
Sarjana Muda Kejuruteraan dengan Kepujian (Kimia)
The programme is a professional degree that is highly regarded and marketable that prepares undergraduate students for the employment in chemical related industries or graduate study. This programme has been designed specifically to address the needs of various chemical related industries for knowledgeable and well trained personnel in engineering discipline. The theoretical and practical nature of this programme will enable prospective students to apply directly at the workplace the advanced concepts taught.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
After 3 – 5 years of graduation, the graduates are expected to become Chemical Engineers who are:
- PEO 1
Competent to contribute towards the human capital in the national strategic industries.
- PEO 2
Effective leaders with good communication and teamwork skills.
- PEO 3
Able to advance themselves in industry or academia.
- PEO 4
Practising professionalism with ethical, social and environmental responsibilities.
- PEO 5
Capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Majors in engineering will be able to:
- PLO 1 : Engineering Knowledge
Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and chemical engineering to the solution of complex chemical engineering problems;
- PLO 2 : Problem Analysis
Identify, formulate, research literature and analyse complex chemical engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences;
- PLO 3 : Design/ Development of Solutions
Design solutions for complex chemical engineering problems and design systems, components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations;
- PLO 4 : Investigation
Conduct investigation into complex problems using research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions;
- PLO 5 : Modern Tool Usage
Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modelling, to complex chemical engineering activities, with an understanding of limitations;
- PLO 6 : The Engineer and Society
Apply reasoning informed by contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice;
- PLO 7 : Environment and Sustainability
Evaluate the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development;
- PLO 8 : Ethics
Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice;
- PLO 9 : Communication
Communicate effectively on complex chemical engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions;
- PLO 10 : Individual and Team Work
Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings;
- PLO 11 : Life Long Learning
Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change;
- PLO 12 : Project Management and Finance
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of chemical engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
Chemical engineering is primarily the application of chemical principles to industrial processes and environmental problems that resulting a change in composition and properties of matter to benefit society and the environment. Thus, chemical engineers play an important role in the design, development, construction and operation of industrial processes for the production of diverse range of products as well as in commodity and specialty chemicals. They can focus on one or more of the following roles: managing scale-up processes from plant to full industrial-scale manufacturing, researching new products from trial through to commercialization, modifying and improving the processing or product lines, as well as designing and commissioning new plants.
- Technopreneurship / Bahasa Kebangsaan A
- Fundamental English
- Professional English 1
- Tamadun Islam dan Tamadun Asia / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2
- Mathematics for Engineers 1
- Analytical and Organic Chemistry
- Engineering Practice and Professionalism
- Physical Chemistry
- Chemical Engineering Laboratory 1
- Fluid Mechanics
- Material Balance
- Mathematics for Engineers 2
- Computer Programming for Engineers
- Introduction to Biochemical Engineering
- Engineering Drawing
- Energy Balance
- Fundamentals of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Co-curriculum 2
- Mandarin 1
- Mass Transfer
- Process Heat Transfer
- Reaction Engineering 1
- Statistics for Engineers
- Chemical Engineering Laboratory 2
- Materials Engineering
- Hubungan Etnik / Pengajian Malaysia 3
- Momentum Transfer
- Industrial Safety and Health
- Numerical Methods in Chemical Engineering
- Separation Processes 1
- Introduction to Environmental Engineering
- Reaction Engineering 2
- Mandarin 2
- Process Control and Instrumentation
- Process Design and Economics
- Chemical Engineering Laboratory 3
- Separation Processes 2
- Particle Technology
- Process Analysis and Simulation
- Professional English 2
- Industrial Training
- Plant Design and Management System
- Design Project 1
- Renewable and Sustainable Energy Engineering
- Management and Marketing for Chemical Engineers
- Engineers in Society
- Engineering Final Year Project 1
- Elective 1
- Design Project 2
- Engineering Final Year Project 2
- Elective 2
- Elective 3
- Innovation Management
- Isu-isu Kontemporari Muslim di Malaysia / Culture and Lifestyle in Malaysia
- Plant Utilities and Maintenance
- Petrochemicals and Petroleum Refining Technology
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control in Chemical Engineering
- Solid and Hazardous Waste Management
- Air Pollution Control
- Wastewater Treatment Engineering
Please select the entry requirement that suits to your qualification;
- Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Malaysia (STPM)
Passed in STPM or its equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.50 and a grade of B- in Mathematics and Physical Sciences subjects.
Passed in Diploma (Level 4, KKM) related to Chemical Engineering / Engineering Technology field from higher education provider recognized by Government of Malaysia with CGPA of 2.50.
Passed in Diploma (Level 4, KKM) related to Chemical Engineering / Engineering Technology field from higher education provider recognized by Government of Malaysia with CGPA of 2.00 AND at least 2 years working experiences in related Chemical Engineering / Engineering Technology field.
- Foundation / Matriculation
Passed in Matriculation/Foundation in Science and Technology Programme / Foundation in Science programme or equivalent, with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 and a grade of B- in Mathematics and Physical Sciences subjects.
Passed in A-level with minimum grade of C in Mathematics and Physical Sciences subjects.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma (IBD)
Passed in International Baccalaureate Diploma (IBD) with minimum of 24 points and attained a minimum score of 4 in Mathematics and Physical Sciences subjects.
Obtained other equivalent qualification recognized by Government of Malaysia.
- Other Requirements
A pass Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or equivalent with credit in Mathematics. AND No health issues to impede learning.
JPT/BPP (R/524/6/0013) 07/22, MQA/FA 1722
Engineering – Chemical and Process
January & September Only
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 - 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011 - 2076 8869
Fax: +603 - 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL