* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Bachelor of Engineering with Honours (Chemical)
Sarjana Muda Kejuruteraan dengan Kepujian (Kimia)
This programme has been designed specifically to address the needs of the various chemical related industries for knowledgeable and well-trained personnel in the engineering discipline. The theoretical and practical nature of this programme will enable prospective students to apply directly at the workplace the advanced concepts taught.
This programme has obtained full accreditation from MQA and the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM)
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1
To produce technically qualified chemical engineers who will contribute towards the human capital in the chemical engineering industry.
- PEO 2
To produce chemical engineers with the ability to advance themselves in an engineering, technical or academic field.
- PEO 3
To produce chemical engineers who practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.
- PEO 4
To produce chemical engineers who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Majors in engineering will be able to:
- PLO 1
Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and chemical engineering to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PLO 2
Identify, formulate, research literature and analyze, complex chemical engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PLO 3
Design solutions for complex chemical engineering problems and design systems, components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental.
- PLO 4
Conduct investigation into complex chemical engineering problems using research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis, and interpretation of data, and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
- PLO 5
Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modeling, to complex chemical engineering activities, with an understanding of limitations.
- PLO 6
Apply reasoning informed by contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice.
- PLO 7
Evaluate the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- PLO 8
Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
- PLO 9
Communicate effectively on complex chemical engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PLO 10
Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings.
- PLO 11
Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- PLO 12
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of chemical engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member or leader of a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- (In Progress)
- Mathematics for Engineers 1
- Engineering Practice and Professionalism
- Analytical and Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Engineering Design
- Fundamental English
- Mathematics for Engineers 2
- Chemical Engineering Laboratory 1
- Fluid Mechanics
- Material and Energy Balance
- Computer Programming for Engineers
- Co-Curriculum 2
- Introduction to Biochemical Engineering
- Mass Transfer
- Process Heat Transfer
- Hubungan Etnik
- Professional English 1
- Mandarin 1
- Statistics for Engineers
- Momentum Transfer
- Process Analysis and Simulation
- Reaction Engineering
- Chemical Engineering Laboratory 2
- Professional English 2
- Mandarin 2
- Industrial Safety and Health
- Environmental Issues and Waste Management
- Numerical Methods in Chemical Engineering
- Separation Processes
- Process Design and Economics
- Petrochemicals and Petroleum Refining Technology
- Plant Design and Management System
- Process Control and Instrumentation
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control in Chemical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering Laboratory 3
- Tamadun Islam dan Tamadun Asia
- Industrial Training
- Engineering Final Year Project 1
- Design Project 1
- Introduction to Renewable Energy
- Elective 1
- Isu-isu Kontemporari Muslim di Malaysia / Culture and Lifestyle in Malaysia
- Innovation Management
- Engineers in Society
- Engineering Final Year Project 2
- Design Project 2
- Elective 2
- Elective 3
JPT/BPP (R/524/6/0013) 07/22, MQA/FA 1722
Engineering – Chemical and Process
January & September Only
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 - 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011 - 2076 8869
Fax: +603 - 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL