* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Electrical engineering students learn through a combination of design and lab work. This mix of the theoretical and practical application allows students to think things through and then apply their ideas in a variety of real life situations. Students also learn to diagnose problems and develop a variety of solutions for specific engineering problems.
This programme has obtained full accreditation from MQA and the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM)
- The programme is fully accredited and approved by relevant authorities.
- Hands-on approach with high percentage of practical work to support fundamental knowledge.
- Teaching-and-learning approach is both conventional and interactive.
- Academic staff with industrial experience and members of professional bodies.
- Exposure to various leading edge technologies in the areas of control and instrumentations, power and energy, industrial automation, etc.
- Versatile programme where students may pursue study at masters and PhD levels in many different engineering fields.
- Professional Certification
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1
UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable, competent, and innovative, which will contribute towards the requirement of human capital in Engineering Technology field.
- PEO 2
UniKL graduates who are effective leaders with teamwork skills, as well as verbal and non-verbal interpersonal communication skills to support their role in industry.
- PEO 3
UniKL graduates who are committed towards the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- PEO 4
UniKL graduates who are professional, ethical, and socially responsible.
- PEO 5
UniKL graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Majors in engineering will be able to:
- PLO 1
Engineering Knowledge: Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialisation to the solution of complex electrical engineering problems.
- PLO 2
Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature and analyse, complex electrical engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PLO 3
Design/ Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex electrical engineering problems and design systems, components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations; The ability to design systems, components or processes to meet industrial needs.
- PLO 4
Investigation: Conduct investigation into complex problems using research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis, and interpretation of data, and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions;
- PLO 5
Modern Tool Usage: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modeling, to complex electrical engineering activities, with an understanding of limitations;
- PLO 6
The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice.
- PLO 7
Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- PLO 8
Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
- PLO 9
Communication: Communicate effectively on complex electrical engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PLO 10
Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings.
- PLO 11
Life Long Learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- PLO 12
Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader of a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
A degree in electrical engineering can allow you to pursue a job in almost any industry you can think of. After all, nearly everyone uses electricity and electrical devices, so industries demand skilled professionals to build, repair and improve these devices. Graduates in this field may find employment as Research Engineer, Design Engineer, Project Engineer, Test Engineer, System Engineer and Application Engineers.
- Mathematics for Engineers 1
- Fundamental English
- Professional English 1
- Tamadun Islam & Tamadun Asia (TITAS) / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2
- Internet of Things Engineering
- Circuit Theory 1
- Electronic Devices
- Engineering Mechanics
- Computer Programming for Engineers
- Mathematics for Engineers 2
- Engineering Practice and Professionalism
- Foreign Language 1
- Circuit Theory 2
- Digital Electronic Fundamentals
- Statistics for Engineers
- Engineering Drawing and CAD
- Basic Electrical Lab
- Mathematics for Engineers 3
- Foreign Language 2
- Electronic Circuits
- Electrical Machines and Drives
- Microcontroller and Interfacing Systems
- Electronics Lab
- Communication System
- Professional English 2
- Co-curriculum 2
- Power Systems
- Electrical Power Lab
- Power Electronics
- Integrated Design Project 1
- Isu-isu Kontemporari Muslim di Malaysia / Culture and Lifestyle in Malaysia 2
- “Hubungan Etnik /Pengajian Malaysia 3”
- Electromagnetic Theory
- Engineers in Society
- Integrated Design Project 2
- Control System Analysis
- Industrial Safety and Health
- Industrial Training
- High Voltage Engineering
- Elective 1
- Elective 2
- Power System Analysis
- Engineering Final Year Project 1
- Electrical Energy Utilisation
- Power System Control
- Elective 3
- Innovation Management
- Engineering Final Year Project 2
- Entry Requirement:
Click for more detail
JPT/BPP (R2/522/6/0021), MQA/ FA1624
Electricity and Energy
January & September Only
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011-56938263 or +6011-59656805
Fax: +603 – 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL