* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours)
Sarjana Muda Farmasi (Kepujian)
UniKL RCMP Faculty of Pharmacy and Health Sciences offers a pharmaceutical education in Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours) that is progressive, contemporary, forward looking and comparable to the pharmaceutical programmes offered in the advance countries. The duration of the programme will be four (4) years.
This undergraduate programme is set up in accordance with the requirement and standards set by the Pharmacy Board of Malaysia, the Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA), as well as reviewing the guidelines from various part of the world including the international policy and guidelines (WHO Guidelines) of Good Pharmacy Education and Practice.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1
To produce competent pharmacists capable of delivering quality pharmaceutical care that promotes positive health outcomes while functioning actively as healthcare team professional.
To foster intellectual curiosity and commitment to lifelong learning and contribute to the advancement of the pharmaceutical sciences.
To be the premier educational partner for collaborative health care opportunities and applied research ventures with communities, agencies, businesses and industries.
To produce graduates who practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.
To produce graduates who are equipped with technopreneurial skills and ability to recognize
Programme Outcomes (POs)
Majors in pharmacy will be able to:
- PO 1 : Knowledge
Demonstrate professional competency in providing comprehensive pharmacy related services, supplying medicine with pharmaceutical knowledge as well as performing pharmaceutical calculation correctly and precisely.
- PO 2 : Practical skills
Apply current skills and tools in delivering professionals pharmaceuticals care and appropriate approaches in the field of research and drug discovery.
- PO 3 : Social skills and responsibilities
Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of social issues and formulate effective strategies towards resolving related problems.
- PO 4 : Ethics, professionalism and humanities
Demonstrate an understanding and commitment to uphold the professional ethics in the delivery of pharmacy services to the community.
- PO 5 : Communication, leadership and team skills
Demonstrate leadership skills, able to work in a team and communicate effectively with patients, communities and other healthcare personnel.
- PO 6 : Scientific methods, critical thinking and problem solving skills
Appreciate evidence-based practices and current approaches towards enhancing pharmacy services, research and development and technopreneurial ventures.
- PO 7 : Lifelong learning and information management skills
Display deep motivation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning.
- PO 8 : Entrepreneurship and managerial skills
Demonstrate awareness and understanding of management, business practices and technopreneurial competencies.
- (In Progress)
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Organic Chemistry I
- Physical Chemistry
- Introduction to Pharmacy Practice
- Microbiology and Parasitology
- Fundamental English
- Tamadun Islam & Tamadun Asia (TITAS) / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2**
- Basic Pharmaceutics
- Basic Pharmacology
- Organic Chemistry II
- Professional English 1
- Isu-Isu Kontemporari Muslim di Malaysia / Culture and lifestyle in Malaysia
- Basic Pharmacokinetics
- Pharmaceutical Analysis I
- Physical Pharmacy
- Pharmacotherapy I (GIT and Respiratory)
- Hubungan Etnik / Pengajian Malaysia 3**
- Pharmaceutical Technology I
- Pharmaceutical Analysis II
- Pharmacotherapy II (CVS & Renal)
- Elective (Traditional and Complementary Medicine)
- Biostatistics and Epidemiology
- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- Professional English 2
- Pharmaceutical Technology II
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Pharmacotherapy III (Endocrine, Skin, Musculoskeletal, Eye and ENT)
- Research Methodology
- Counseling and Dispensing Technique
- Natural Product Chemistry
- Community Pharmacy Practice
- Clinical Pharmacy
- Hospital Pharmacy Services
- Pharmacotherapy IV (Antimicrobial Drug Therapy)
- Research Project
- Industrial Pharmacy and Quality
- Pharmacotherapy V (CNS and PNS)
- Hospital Clerkship I
- Clinical Therapeutics I
- Pharmacy Law and Ethics
- Clinical Pharmacokinetics
- Drug and Substance Abuse
- Drug in Sports
- Pharmacotherapy VI (Cancer Chemotherapy)
- Hospital Clerkship II
- Clinical Therapeutics II
- Pharmacy Management
- Marketing in Pharmacy
- Mandarin I
- Mandarin II
- Innovation Management
JPT/BPP (N/727/6/0037) 08/18, MQA FA 0140
Medical & Allied Health Sciences
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 - 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011 - 596 56805
Fax: +603 - 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL