* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Pharmaceutical Technology
Sarjana Muda Sains (Kepujian) Dalam Teknologi Farmaseutikal
Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Pharmaceutical Technology is a 3 ½ years undergraduate degree programme. The objective of this programme is to prepare students with theoretical, practical and operational skills in the pharmaceutical and related industrial sectors. It will equip graduates with fundamental knowledge in scientific disciplines that will prepare them in careers related to drug discovery and development, formulation, evaluation, standards and regulatory matters as well as marketing of pharmaceutical and other related products such as herbal, cosmetics and functional food preparations. Upon graduation, students can pursue careers in manufacturing, research and development of these products, and the subsequent requirements related to these products such as quality control, preclinical trials, regulatory affairs, drug information service, sales and marketing.
Methods of delivery of this programme include lectures and tutorials, problem-based sessions, laboratory practical and industrial internship. There will be a final year project dissertation which students need to complete before graduation. Lectures will be conducted face-to-face as well as on-line delivery.
There are two main types of assessment; continuous assessment and end of semester exam. The semester result is made up of 40% from continuous assessment and 60% of end of semester examination. Methods used in continuous assessment include quiz, presentation, lab report, problem-based report, industrial internship logbook, assignment and research dissertation. End of semester examination include written exam in the format of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ), short assay and laboratory practical exam.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1
To produce graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative, who will contribute towards pharmaceutical and related industry.
- PEO 2
To produce graduates who practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility relevant to pharmaceutical and related industry.
- PEO 3
To produce graduates who have interpersonal communication, effective leadership and teamwork skills to strengthen their role in pharmaceutical and its related industry.
- PEO 4
To produce graduates who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- PEO 5
To produce graduates who are capable of embarking on marketing and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
- PLO1 : Knowledge
Apply fundamental and advance pharmaceutical science knowledge in drug discovery and development, manufacturing as well as marketing of pharmaceutical and related products.
- PLO2 : Practical skills
Perform appropriate scientific skills in drug discovery and development as well as formulation of pharmaceutical and related products.
- PLO 3 : Social skills and responsibilities
Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of social issues and appreciate strategies towards pharmaceutical and related products development.
- PLO 4 : Ethics, professionalism and humanities
Demonstrate an understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to pharmaceutical and related activities.
- PLO 5 : Communication, leadership and team skills
Demonstrate and function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in research, manufacturing, marketing of pharmaceutical and related products.
- PLO 6 : Scientific methods, critical thinking and problem solving skills
Apply scientific methods and critical thinking in resolving problems related to drug design and development as well as formulation of pharmaceutical and related products.
- PLO 7 : Lifelong learning and information management skills
Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning.
- PLO 8 : Entrepreneurship and managerial skills
Demonstrate awareness and understanding of management, marketing and technopreneurial competencies
This programme will not lead to a professional pharmacy degree. Graduates of this programme will be identified as industrial pharmaceutical technologist.
- A pass in Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) / Matriculation/ A level / Pre-University programme or its equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.50 in Chemistry and Biology/Physics AND 5 Credits or equivalent at the Sijil Peperiksaan Malaysia (SPM) level with minimum B in Chemistry and Credits in Biology, Physics/Mathematics, Bahasa Malaysia and English OR
- Diploma in Pharmacy from recognized institutions with minimum CGPA of 2.75 OR
- Diploma in Science or equivalent from recognized institutions with minimum CGPA of 3.00 OR
- Foundation in Science or equivalent from recognized institutions with minimum CGPA 3.00.
- All international students must complete at least 12 years of education and obtained certificate in Higher Secondary School equivalent to ‘A’ Level for degree programmes.
- UniKL welcomes applications from various countries subject to the qualification are deemed equivalent to Malaysian qualifications.
- English Language Requirement
– TOEFL: 500 (PBT), 195 (CBT), 70 (iBT)
– IELTS: 5.5
JPT/BPP (N/727/6/0082) 03/22, MQA/PA 5345
Medical & Allied Health Sciences
January & September Only
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 - 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011 - 596 56805
Fax: +603 - 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL