* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Pharmaceutical Technology
Methods of delivery of this programme include lectures and tutorials, problem-based sessions, laboratory practical and industrial internship. There will be a final year project dissertation which students need to complete before graduation. Lectures will be conducted face-to-face as well as on-line delivery.
There are two main types of assessment; continuous assessment and end of semester exam. The semester result is made up of 40% from continuous assessment and 60% of end of semester examination. Methods used in continuous assessment include quiz, presentation, lab report, problem-based report, industrial internship logbook, assignment and research dissertation. End of semester examination include written exam in the format of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ), short essay and laboratory practical exam.
This programme will not lead to a professional pharmacy degree. Graduates of this programme will be identified as industrial pharmaceutical technologist
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1
To produce graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative, who will contribute towards pharmaceutical and related industry.
- PEO 2
To produce graduates who practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility relevant to pharmaceutical and related industry.
- PEO 3
To produce graduates who have interpersonal communication, effective leadership and teamwork skills to strengthen their role in pharmaceutical and its related industry
- PEO 4
To produce graduates who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- PEO 5
To produce graduates who are capable of embarking on marketing and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
- PLO1 : Knowledge Apply fundamental and advance pharmaceutical science knowledge in drug discovery and development, manufacturing as well as marketing of pharmaceutical and related products.
- PLO2 : Practical skills Perform appropriate scientific skills in drug discovery and development as well as formulation of pharmaceutical and related products.
- PLO 3 : Social skills and responsibilities Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of social issues and appreciate strategies towards pharmaceutical and related products development.
- PLO 4 : Ethics, professionalism and humanities Demonstrate an understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to pharmaceutical and related activities.
- PLO 5 : Communication, leadership and team skills Demonstrate and function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in research, manufacturing, marketing of pharmaceutical and related products.
- PLO 6 : Scientific methods, critical thinking and problem solving skills Apply scientific methods and critical thinking in resolving problems related to drug design and development as well as formulation of pharmaceutical and related products.
- PLO 7 : Lifelong learning and information management skills Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning.
- PLO 8 : Entrepreneurship and managerial skills Demonstrate awareness and understanding of management, marketing and technopreneurial competencies
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Industry
- Regulatory Affairs
- R&D laboratories
- Clinical trail-based Industry
- BioPharmaceutical Plants
- Biotechnological Plants
- Post-graduate education (Master and PhD)
- Tamadun Islam & Tamadun Asia (TITAS)/
- Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2
- Hubungan Etnik/
- Pengajian Malaysia 3**
- Fundamental English
- Introduction to Pharmaceutics
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Pharmaceutical Microbiology
- Pharmaceutical Analysis I
- Pharmaceutical Technology I
- Pharmacology and Toxicology I
- Mandarin 1/ Arabic 1
- Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry I
- Research Methodology and Biostatistics
- Physical Pharmaceutics
- Pharmacognosy I
- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- Pharmacology and Toxicology II
- Mandarin 2/ Arabic 2
- Isu-isu Ketemporari Muslim di Malaysia/
- Culture and Lifestyle in Malaysia
- Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry II
- Pharmaceutical Engineering
- Pharmaceutical Medicinal Chemistry I
- Pharmacognosy II
- Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence
- Pharmaceutical Technology II
- Pharmaceutical Analysis II
- Professional English 1
- Pharmaceutical Medicinal Chemistry II
- Production Management
- Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics
- Research Project I
- Novel Drug Delivery System
- Professional English II
- Quality Control and Quality Assurance
- Chemistry of Natural Products
- Research Project II
- Computer aided drug design
- Herbal Drug Technology
- Pharmaceutical Marketing
- Pharmaceutical Packaging
- Islamic Manufacturing Practice
- Total Quality Management
- Innovation Management
- Industrial Training
- Career Guidance 2
- Community Service 2
- Culture 2
- Rakan Masjid 2
- Siswa Siswi Bomba & Penyelamat 2
- KOR Siswa Siswi Pertahanan Awam 2
- Sports Management 2
- Personal Financial Management 2
- Askar Wataniah
- Integriti & Anti-Rasuah 2
- Entry Requirement:
1 STPM Minimum CGPA of 2.50 in three science subjects including Chemistry 2 MATRICULATION 3 ALEVEL 4 PRE UNIVERSITY or its equivalent 5 FOUNDATION IN SCIENCE Minimum CGPA of 2.50 6 Diploma in Pharmacy Minimum CGPA of 2.50 7 Diploma in Science or equivalent Minimum CGPA of 2.50 8 International Baccalaureate Diploma Minimum 24 points and pass in Mathematic and Science IELTS 5 / TOEFL 500
Click for more detail
JPT/BPP (N/727/6/0082) 03/22, MQA/ FA 5345
Medical & Allied Health Sciences
January & September Only
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011-56938263 or +6011-59656805
Fax: +603 – 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL