* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Pharmaceutical Technology
Sarjana Muda Sains (Kepujian) Dalam Teknologi Farmaseutikal
Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Pharmaceutical Technology is a 3 ½ years undergraduate degree programme. The objective of this programme is to prepare students with theoretical, practical and operational skills in the pharmaceutical and related industrial sectors. It will equip graduates with fundamental knowledge in scientific disciplines that will prepare them in careers related to drug discovery and development, formulation, evaluation, standards and regulatory matters as well as marketing of pharmaceutical and other related products such as herbal, cosmetics and functional food preparations. Upon graduation, students can pursue careers in manufacturing, research and development of these products, and the subsequent requirements related to these products such as quality control, preclinical trials, regulatory affairs, drug information service, sales and marketing.
Methods of delivery of this programme include lectures and tutorials, problem-based sessions, laboratory practical and industrial internship. There will be a final year project dissertation which students need to complete before graduation. Lectures will be conducted face-to-face as well as on-line delivery.
There are two main types of assessment; continuous assessment and end of semester exam. The semester result is made up of 40% from continuous assessment and 60% of end of semester examination. Methods used in continuous assessment include quiz, presentation, lab report, problem-based report, industrial internship logbook, assignment and research dissertation. End of semester examination include written exam in the format of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ), short assay and laboratory practical exam.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1
To produce graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative, who will contribute towards pharmaceutical and related industry.
- PEO 2
To produce graduates who practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility relevant to pharmaceutical and related industry.
- PEO 3
To produce graduates who have interpersonal communication, effective leadership and teamwork skills to strengthen their role in pharmaceutical and its related industry
- PEO 4
To produce graduates who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- PEO 5
To produce graduates who are capable of embarking on marketing and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
- PLO1 : Knowledge
Apply fundamental and advance pharmaceutical science knowledge in drug discovery and development, manufacturing as well as marketing of pharmaceutical and related products.
- PLO2 : Practical skills
Perform appropriate scientific skills in drug discovery and development as well as formulation of pharmaceutical and related products.
- PLO 3 : Social skills and responsibilities
Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of social issues and appreciate strategies towards pharmaceutical and related products development.
- PLO 4 : Ethics, professionalism and humanities
Demonstrate an understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to pharmaceutical and related activities.
- PLO 5 : Communication, leadership and team skills
Demonstrate and function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in research, manufacturing, marketing of pharmaceutical and related products.
- PLO 6 : Scientific methods, critical thinking and problem solving skills
Apply scientific methods and critical thinking in resolving problems related to drug design and development as well as formulation of pharmaceutical and related products.
- PLO 7 : Lifelong learning and information management skills
Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning.
- PLO 8 : Entrepreneurship and managerial skills
Demonstrate awareness and understanding of management, marketing and technopreneurial competencies
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Industry
- Regulatory Affairs
- R&D laboratories
- Clinical trail-based Industry
- BioPharmaceutical Plants
- Biotechnological Plants
- Post-graduate education (Master and PhD)
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Organic Chemistry I
- Physical Chemistry
- Introduction to Pharmacy Practice
- Microbiology and Parasitology
- Fundamental English
- Tamadun Islam & Tamadun Asia (TITAS)/Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2** (For International Students Only)
- Basic Pharmaceutics
- Basic Pharmacology
- Organic Chemistry II
- Professional English 1
- Isu-isu Kontemporari Muslim di Malaysia/Culture and Lifestyle in Malaysia
- Basic Pharmacokinetics/li>
- Pharmaceutical Analysis I
- Physical Pharmacy
- Pharmacotherapy I (GIT and Respiratory)
- Hubungan Etnik/
- Pengajian Malaysia 3**(For International Students Only)
- Pharmaceutical Technology I/li>
- Pharmaceutical Analysis II
- Pharmacotherapy II (CVS and Renal)
- Elective (Traditional and Complementary Medicine)
- Biostatistics and Epidemiology
- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- Professional English 2
- Pharmaceutical Technology II
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Pharmacotherapy III (Endocrine, Skin, Musculo-skeletal, Eye and ENT)
- Research Methodology
- Counseling and Dispensing Technique
- Natural Product Chemistry/li>
- Community Pharmacy Practice
- Clinical Pharmacy
- Hospital Pharmacy Services
- Pharmacotherapy IV (Antimicrobial Drug Therapy)
- Research Project
- Industrial Pharmacy and Quality Assurance
- Pharmacy Law and Ethics
- Pharmacotherapy V (CNS and PNS)
- Hospital Clekship I
- Clinical Therapeutics I
- Clinical Pharmacokinetics
- Elective (Drugs and Substance Abuse/Drugs in Sports)
- Pharmacotherapy VI (Cancer Chemotherapy)
- Hospital Clerkship II
- Clinical Therapeutics II
- Pharmacy Management
- Elective (Marketing in Pharmacy)
- Siswa-siswi Pertahanan Awam 2
- Mandarin 1
- Innovation Management 2
- Mandarin 2
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A (For student without credit in Bahasa Melayu (SPM) only)
JPT/BPP (N/727/60082) 03/22, MQA PA 5345
Medical & Allied Health Sciences
January & September Only
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 - 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011 - 596 56805
Fax: +603 - 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL