* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Diploma in Chemical Engineering Technology (Bioprocess)
Diploma Teknologi Kejuruteraan Kimia (Bioproses)
Many positions are currently going unfilled nationwide because the industry cannot find enough technicians to fill their job openings. Opportunities for advancement in the field of biotechnology are excellent for those who keep abreast with the rapid changes occurring in this field. Employees who are curious, investigate and adaptable in their attitudes quickly become more valuable and earn higher salaries, while those who content to ride on their education may soon find that their skills and knowledge are out of date and out of demand.
Bioprocess/Biosystem technicians sometimes advance to supervisory of management positions if they show themselves to be highly effective, organized and skilled in supervisory task as well. Technicians who wish to advance should look upon their technical education as a springboard for continued learning.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
UniKL graduates who are :
- PEO 1
UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative which will contribute towards the requirement of the human capital in chemical and/or bioprocess engineering technology related industry.
- PEO 2
UniKL graduates who are effective leaders with teamworks, skills as well as verbal and non-verbal interpersonal communications skill;
- PEO 3
UniKL graduates who are committed towards the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvements;
- PEO 4
UniKL graduates who are professional, ethical, and socially responsible; and
- PEO 5
UniKL graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Majors in chemical engineering will be able to:
- PLO 1
Knowledge: Apply knowledge of applied mathematics, applied science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialisation as specified in DK1 to DK4 respectively to wide practical procedures and practices in chemical and process/ bioprocess/polymer/ environment/food engineering technology.
- PLO 2
Problem analysis: Identify and analyse well-defined engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using codified methods of analysis specific to their field of activity (DK1 to DK4).
- PLO 3
Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the design of systems, components or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations (DK5).
- PLO 4
Investigation: Conduct investigations of well-defined problems; locate and search relevant data from codes and catalogues, conduct standard tests and measurements.
- PLO 5
Modern Tool Usage: Apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools to well-defined engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations, with an awareness of the limitations (DK6).
- PLO 6
The Engineer and Society: Demonstrate knowledge of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to engineering technician practice and solutions to well-defined engineering problems (DK7).
- PLO 7
Environment and Sustainability: Understand and evaluate the sustainability and impact of engineering technician work in the solution of well-defined engineering problems in societal and environmental contexts.
- PLO 8
Ethics: Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of technician practice.
- PLO 9
Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member in diverse technical teams.
- PLO 10
Communications: Communicate effectively on well-defined engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, by being able to comprehend the work of others, document their own work, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PLO 11
Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering management principles, business practices, and technopreneurial competencies, as well as identify business opportunities, and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a technical team and to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- PLO 12
Life Long Learning: Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent updating in the context of specialised technical knowledge.
A chemical engineering technology in Bioprocess from Unikl MICET provides an individual with a solid technical and design foundation combined with strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills valued across a range of industries such as food and beverages, pharmaceuticals, beauty products, research and development and petroleum. Some of our graduates choose alternative career pathways such as:
- Laboratory assistant
- (QC) & (QA)
- Production executive
- Safety Management Officer
- Assistant Chemical Engineer
- Technical Mathematics I
- General Chemistry
- Engineering Graphic
- Foundation English
- Co-curriculum I
- Moral/Islamic Studies
- Mandarin I
- Technical Mathematics II
- Organic Chemistry
- Analytical Chemistry
- Principle of Chemical Process
- Communication English I
- Fluid Mechanics
- Malaysian Studies
- Mandarin II
- Co-curriculum II
- Bahasa Kebangsaan (A)
- Technical Mathematics III
- Occupational Safety & Health
- Electrical Technology
- Process Instrumentation
- Communication English II
- Transport Process
- Basic Engineering Workshop
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Introduction to Bioprocess Technology
- Quality Assurance & Quality Control
- Principles of Microbiology
- Reactor Technology
- Separation Technology
- Analytical Methods in Bioprocessing
- Bioproduct Process Development
- Techniques in Bioproduct Recovery
- Bioremediation Process in Water Pollutants
- Bioprocess Plant & Equipment
- Final Year Project
- Industrial Training
- Entry Requirement:
- Pass SPM or equivalent with at least a credit in three subjects, including Mathematics and science or technical based subjects;OR
- Accredited Certificate in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Technical or Malaysian Skills Certificate Level 3
- Technical Certificate refers to certificates in an engineering field without ‘engineering’ in the programme’s name
- Malaysian Skills Certificate Level 3 programmes are accredited by the Skills Development Division (SDD) under the Ministry of Human Resource. These programmes are at Level 3 in the Malaysian Qualifications Framework
- Pass in SPM or equivalent with at least THREE (3) credits in the following subjects: Mathematics and ONE (1) subject related to Science / Technical / Vocational, and ONE (1) other subject; AND at least a pass in English; OR
- Pass in O-Level or equivalent with at least THREE (3) credits in the following subjects: Mathematics and ONE (1) subject related to Science / Technical / Vocational, and ONE (1) other subject; AND at least a pass in English; OR
- Pass in Engineering/Engineering Technology Certificate (Level 3, KKM); AND
- For international students, minimum English language requirements are IELTS 4.0/CEFR A2 or equivalent TOEFL PBT (397) or TOEFL IBT (30-31) or CAE (160) (Cambridge English: Advance)/CEFR B2 or CPE (180) (Cambridge English: Proficiency) / CEFR C1 or PTE (Pearson Test of English) (30) or MUET (Malaysian University English Test) (Band 2)
Students who enroll with qualification from institutions that fully use English as the language of instruction or from English speaking countries are EXCLUDED from the requirements of competence in English language as stated above
Click for more detail
JPT/BPP (R2/524/6/0034) 10/24, MQA A10853
January & July Only
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011-56938263 or +6011-59656805
Fax: +603 – 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL