* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Diploma in Medical and Health Sciences
Diploma Sains Perubatan dan Kesihatan
Diploma in Medical Assistant is an undergraduate programme that aims to provide students with the knowledge, skills and attitude to enable them to practice as a Medical Assistant or Assistant Medical Officer. The teaching-learning activity is geared into substantially describing and discovering how the different human system work, e.g. cardiovascular, respiratory etc., relating cellular and molecular to whole-body aspects of both normal and diseased states. Upon graduating the programme, the graduates would be able to understand, diagnose, treat simple ailment, caring and curing in wellness and disease.
This professional programme provides you with a wide carrier pathway into a medical profession in the Malaysian healthcare sector as an Assistant Medical Officer. You will be introduced to medical science subjects and clinical placement in government hospital and health clinic. A bright future awaits graduates in both public and private hospitals or other healthcare organizations in Malaysia.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1
Utilize knowledge and skills in the promotion of health, prevention of diseases, and the management of a range of illness at the primary care level.
- PEO 2
Inculcate values, ethics and professionalism across the span of healthcare delivery to a diverse population.
- PEO 3
Practice effective communication and teamwork skills in executing information exchange towards the provision of quality healthcare.
- PEO 4
Utilize problem solving and scientific skills to facilitate clinical decisions based on evidence and best practices.
- PEO 5
Engage in information management and lifelong learning skills for professional and organizational development.
- PEO 6
Incorporate managerial and entrepreneurial skills to optimize resources for sustainable services.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Majors in medical assistant will be able to:
- PLO 1
Apply knowledge of bio psychosocial, clinical, and health sciences in promotion of health, prevention of diseases and the management of illness.
- PLO 2
Demonstrate competence in assessing, interpreting, therapeutic intervention, monitoring and evaluation of client outcome.
- PLO 3
Demonstrate social skills and professional responsibilities in the provision of quality health care services.
- PLO 4
Incorporate values, attitudes and professionalism based on ethical principles and legal bindings to a diverse population.
- PLO 5
Demonstrate effective communication, leadership and team skills in collaborating with healthcare professionals, clients, family and the community.
- PLO 6
Apply scientific skills to support patient care decision through evidence based and best practices.
- PLO 7
Engage in information management and lifelong learning initiatives to enhance personal and professional development.
- PLO 8
Apply managerial and entrepreneurial skills in the effective management of resources for sustainable healthcare delivery.
Graduates of this diploma may find employment as:
- Government servant in hospital, health clinic, prison, detention centers (Pusat Serenti), PLKN or folks home.
- Private sector such as offshore oil rigs (eg: Petronas/ Shell), estate plantation (eg: Guthrie)
- Private specialist hospital
- Tutors in MA Training colleges
- Tutors in any health related education programmes.
Graduates will also be able to pursue further studies in Health Studies, Health Education and any health related fields.
- Anatomy & Physiology 1
- Mircrobiology & Parasitology
- Behavioral Science
- Professional Development
- Competency English
- Pengajian Malaysia 2
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Amalan Islam di Malaysia
- Religious Practice in Malaysia
- Culture and Lifestyle in Malaysia 1
- Anatomy & Physiology 2
- Medical 1
- Surgical 1
- Community Health 1
- Nursing Science 1
- Clinical Pharmacology 1
- Communication English 1
- Foreign Language 1
- Medical 2
- Surgical 2
- Emergency Medicine 1
- Community Health 2
- Nursing Science 2
- Foreign Language 2
- Interpersonal Skill
- Emergency Medicine 2
- Community Preventive Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Research Methodology
- Communication English 2
- Clinical Medical
- Clinical Surgery
- Clinical Pediatric
- Clinical Emergency Department 1
- Clinical Orthopedic
- Clinical Ophthalmology
- Clinical ENT
- Clinical Psychiatric
- Labour Room
- Emergency Department 2
- Community Health 1
- Community Health 2
- Operation Theater
- Entry Requirement:
- Pass in SPM or its equivalent with a minimum five (5) credits in the following subjects; Bahasa Melayu and two (2) credits in Science and Mathematics subjects (Biology / Chemistry / General Science / Mathematics /Additional Mathematics). Priority is given to those with one (1) credit in Science subject and one (1) credit in Mathematics subject and two (2) credits in any other subjects AND pass in English (priority is given to those with credit in English)
Click for more detail
JPT/BPP (R/722/4/0008) 01/24, MQA/FA 4941
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
1016 Jalan Sultan Ismail 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011-56938263 or +6011-59656805
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL