* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Diploma in Diploma in Medical Imaging (Radiography)
Diploma Pengimejan Perubatan
A Diagnostic Radiographer is defined as a professional from the Allied Health Science Group trained in the use of X-rays and other sophisicated diagnostic imaging systems, such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computerised tomography (CT), mammography, radionuclide imaging, angiography and digital radiography for the purpose of producing diognastic quality medical images to enable the Radiologist (a specialist doctor in Radiology) to diagnose diseases and abnormalities of the human body. The art and science of Diognostic Radiography requires the acquisition of knowledge and skills in the following specific areas ; anatomy and physiology; medical ethics; medical terminology; pathology; patient management; behavorial science; accurate patient positioning; the principal of X-ray exposures; quality assurance of medical imaging instruments; general physics; radiation physics and radiation protection; radiobiology; pattern recognition of normal and abnormal medical images; and photchemistry.
The Diagnostic Radiographer is an essential member of the healthcare community. Good teamwork with the other healthcare providers expedite medical treatment of patients, and thus fasten their recovery towards good health. The students will spend 3 years full time studying with clinical practice at several government and private hospitals. The training programme is committed to graduating students wit a holistic experience in the art and science of medical imaging. It is designed to produced graduates who are technicall proficient and knowledgeable practioners, who take pride in providing exemplary patient care.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1 :
To produce graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative in delivering good health care services to the community.
- PEO2 :
To produce graduates who have effective leadership and teamwork skills as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their role in health care industry.
- PEO3 :
To produce graduates who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- PEO 4 :
To produce graduates who practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.
- PEO 5 :
To produce graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Majors in radiography will be able to:
- PLO 1 : Knowledge
Apply knowledge of science radiographic procedures, processes, systems or methodologies correctly.
- PLO 2 : Practical Skills
Practice appropriate medical diagnostic imaging skills to produce good quality radiographic image.
- PLO 3 : Social Skills and Responsibilities
Demonstrate social, global and environment responsibilities in order to practice inter professional collaboration in healthcare industry.
- PLO 4 : Values, Attitudes & Professionalism
Adhere to the legal, ethical principles and the professional code of conduct in medical imaging.
- PLO 5 : Communication, Leadership & Team Skills
Communicate effectively both in written and verbal at the professional and community level.
- PLO 6 : Problem Solving & Scientific Skills
Demonstrate critical thinking and decision making related to medical imaging.
- PLO 7 : Information Management & Lifelong Learning Skills
Recognize the need for, and have ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning.
- PLO 8 : Managerial & Entrepreneurial Skills
Conceptualize management skills, business practices and technopreneurial competencies.
- Basic Anatomy and Physiology I
- Basic Pathology I
- Fundamental Physics for Radiographers
- Patient Management
- Introduction to Diagnostic Imaging
- Foundation English
- Interpersonal skills
- Basic Anatomy and Physiology II
- Basic Pathology II
- Behavioral Science
- Radiation Physics
- Radiation Protection
- Communication English 1
- Co-Curriculum I
- Mandarin I
- Introduction to Information Communication Technology
- Introduction to Diagnostic Imaging Instrumentation
- Introduction to Radiographic Photography and Quality Assurance I
- Positioning Technique for General Radiography
- Clinical Medical Imaging I
- Amalan Islam in Malaysia / Religious Practices in Malaysia
- Communication English 2
- General Diagnostic Imaging Instrumentation
- Introduction to Radiographic Photography and Quality Assurance II
- Contrast Radiography and Specialised Imaging Technique
- General Diagnostic Image Study I
- General Diagnostic Image Study II
- Clinical Medical Imaging II
- Pengajian Malaysia 2
- Mandarin II
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Specialised Diagnostic Imaging Instrumentation
- Radiographic Photography and Quality Assurance III
- Specialised Imaging Modalities and Specialised Imaging Study
- Sectional Anatomy
- Clinical Medical Imaging III
- Case Study
- Pengajian Malaysia
- Clinical Practice VI
- Basic Principles In Management
JPT/BPP (R/725/4/0064) 10/20, MQA A 6128
Medical & Allied Health Sciences
January & July Only
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011-56938263 or +6011-59656805
Fax: +603 – 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL