* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
The Diploma in Medical Imaging programme believes that all individuals have their personal potential. The programme aims is to produce knowledgeable and competent diagnostic radiographer with excellent soft skills in supporting healthcare services, vision and mission of the university.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1 :
Knowledgeable and competent technically, creative in problem solving and innovative in numerical problem solving to deliver good healthcare services to the community.
- PEO2 :
Effective in communication skills, interpersonal skills and demonstrate good teamwork skills to support their role in health care industry.
- PEO3 :
Committed towards the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement in using digital technology in medical imaging field.
- PEO 4 :
Practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.
- PEO 5 :
Capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Majors in radiography will be able to:
- PLO 1 : Knowledge
Describe a broad range of complex technical and theoretical knowledge related to medical imaging field.
- PLO 2 : Cognitive
Analyse and apply critical thinking skills in problem solving related to medical imaging field.
- PLO 3 : Practical Skills
Perform good practical skills with high clinical competency in performing medical imaging techniques and procedures.
- PLO 4 : Interpersonal Skills
Interact effectively, individually or as member of a team with supervisors, peers and subordinates in medical imaging field.
- PLO 5 : Communication Skills
Practice effective oral and written communication skills in healthcare services.
- PLO 6 : Digital skills
Practice digital information technology to support study or work in medical imaging field.
- PLO 7 : Numeracy Skills
Apply simple numerical concepts related to medical imaging field.
- PLO 8 : Leadership, Autonomy and Responsibility
Demonstrate leadership skills with accountability for advancement in the medical imaging field.
- PLO 9 : Personal skills
Integrate effectively in self-directed lifelong learning for successful career advancement in medical imaging and healthcare industry.
- PLO 10: Entrepreneurial Skills
Display good managerial and entrepreneurial skills at department level in medical imaging field.
- PLO 11: Ethics & Professionalism
Integrate professionalism, values and attitudes in engaging with society and stakeholders in medical imaging field.
- Application Specialist
- Radiation Protection Oﬃcer (RPO)
- Competency English
- Amalan Islam di Malaysia
- Religious Practice in Malaysia
- Culture and lifestyle in Malaysia 1**(International student ONLY)
- Basic Anatomy and Physiology I
- Behavioral Science
- Fundamental Physics For Radiographer
- Patient Management and Ethics in Medical Imaging
- Mandarin 1
- Arabic 1
- Penghayatan Etika dan Peradaban
- Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1** (International student ONLY)
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Basic Anatomy and Physiology II
- Fundamental of Pathology
- Radiation Physics
- Radiation Protection and Radiobiology
- Fundamental of Occupational Safety and Health
- Basic of Personal Financial Planning
- Interpersonal skills
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A**(International student ONLY)
- Communication English 1
- Fundamental of Sectional Anatomy
- Mandarin 2
- Arabic 2
- Radiographic Instrumentation I
- Image Processing and Quality Assurance I
- General Radiographic Technique
- Radiographic Anatomy and Image Evaluation
- Clinical Medical Imaging I (Part A)
- Clinical Medical Imaging I (Part B)
- Radiographic Instrumentation II
- Image Processing and Quality Assurance II
- Specialised Imaging Technique
- Clinical Medical Imaging II (Part A)
- Clinical Medical Imaging II (Part B)
- Health Psychology
- Health Information System
- Communication English 2
- Specialised Imaging
- Radiographic Pathology
- Clinical Medical Imaging III (Part A)
- Clinical Medical Imaging III (Part B)
- Clinical Medical Imaging III (Part C)
- Introduction to Healthcare Management
- Physics, Instrumentation and Technique of Computed Tomography
- Clinical Medical Imaging IV (Part A)
- Clinical Medical Imaging IV (Part B)
- Clinical Medical Imaging IV (Part C)
International Student: RM 8,450
- Entry Requirement:
- Pass in SPM or its equivalent with pass in Bahasa Melayu and English and five (5) credits in the following subjects:Mathematics, one (1) Science subject (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, General Science/Applied Science) and any other three (3) subjects including Bahasa Melayu and/or English; OR
- Certificate related to Health Sciences with minimum CGPA 2.75
Click for more detail
JPT/BPP (R2/725/4/0064) 10/27, MQA/ A 6128
Medical & Allied Health Sciences
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011-56938263 or +6011-59656805
Fax: +603 – 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL