* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Diploma Kejuruteraan Elektrik dan Elektronik
The Diploma in Electrical Electronics Engineering (DEEE) programme focuses on to produce highly skilled engineers who will be pioneers for industrial and economic achievements in the area of applications, research and development, as well as technology design. To produce leaders in engineering that specializes in electrical electronics engineering in order to fulfill industrial demands in the area of engineering and technology. To prepare graduates who possess a command of engineering knowledge and hands on skills required to undertake a supervision of a team and troubleshooting in both operation and maintenance within the industrial context. At the end of the programme, students of DEEE are expected to:
- Solid foundation in the fundamentals of the chosen discipline
- Professional competencies in the chosen discipline
- Creative, innovative and enterprising
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Language and communication skills
- Leadership, teamwork & interpersonal skills
- Social and national responsibility
- Capability of lifelong learning
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To produce professional, competent, innovative and socially responsible graduates in mechanical engineering and electrical and electronics engineering.
- To produce graduate who have effective leadership and team work skills and interpersonal communication skills.
- To produce graduates who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement
- To produce graduates who practice professionalism taking into consideration ethical, social and environmental issues.
- To produce graduates capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities in mechanical engineering and electrical and electronics engineering as well as related industries.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
- Acquire and apply basic knowledge of mathematics and science fundamental.
- Demonstrate basic skills in mechanical engineering/ electrical & electronics.
- Apply the fundamental engineering knowledge to analyze, identify and solve mechanical / electrical & electronics engineering problems.
- Conduct laboratory experiments as well as analyze and interpret data.
- Develop awareness to manage and recognize the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
- Communicate and apply the appropriate Japanese Language and their culture.
- Function and exhibit good teamwork and management skills and serve as effective members of multidisciplinary project teams.
- Implement knowledge of contemporary issues and use the techniques, skills and modern scientific and technical tools necessary for professional practice.
- Recognize the constantly evolving nature of mechanical engineering practice and the needs to stay abreast of the latest development in the field.
- Show the importance of professional and ethical responsibilities.
Graduates in this field may find employment in manufacturing-related industries such as:
- Electrical Engineer
- Electronic Engineer
- Planning and Control Engineer
Excellent ‘Bumiputera’ students in Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia with minimum achievement of 5A’s in the following subjects;
- Bahasa Melayu
- Modern Mathematics
- Additional Mathematics
Candidates must NOT be color blind
(Reference Letter for Programme Approval):
JPT/BPP (U) 1000-801/38/10 Jld.2 (2)
JPT/BPP (U) 1000-801/38/10 Jld.2 (21)
- English 1
- Basics Japanese
- Intro to Engineering & Technical Drawing
- Basic Mathematics 1
- Basic Physics 1
- Basic Chemistry 1
- Malaysian Studies
- English 2
- Japanese Language for Engineering
- Basic Mathematics 2
- Basic Chemistry 2
- Basic Physics 2
- English 3
- Mathematics 1
- Physics 1
- Chemistry 1
- Information Processing 1
- Japanese Language for Engineering & Technology 1
- Writing & Expression 1
- Introduction to Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Japanese Economy & Management
- Mathematics for Electrical & Electronics
- Science & Technology Japanese (additional class)
- Earth & Environment
- Amalan Islam di Malaysia
- Religious Practice in Malaysia
- Theory & Practical: Physical Education
- Japanese Language for Engineering & Technology 2
- Writing & Expression 2
- Mathematics 2
- Physics 2
- Chemistry 2
- Information Processing 2
- Electrical & Electronics Measurements
- Electric Circuit Theory 1
- Electronics Circuit 1
- Mathematics 3
- Electronics Circuit Theory 2
- Solid State Physics for Engineering
- Electromagnetism 1
- Advanced Information Processing 1
- Experiments in Electrical Engineering 1
- Experiments in Electronics Engineering 1
- Control Theory
- Engineering Ethics
- Integrated Japanese 1
- Electronics Circuit 2
- Industrial Internship
- Integrated Japanese 2
- Japanese Studies
- Mathematics 4
- Electric Circuit Theory 3
- Electromagnetism 2
- Advanced Information Processing 2
- Experiments in Electrical Engineering 2
- Experiments in Electronics Engineering 2
- Final Engineering Project (Electrical & Electronics)
UniKL MIDI (formerly known as UniKL IPROM)
JPT/BPP (N/523/4/0202) 05/19, MQA/FA3777
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 - 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011 - 596 56805
Fax: +603 - 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL