* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Diploma of Engineering Technology (Computer & Networking)
Diploma Teknologi Kejuruteraan (Komputer & Rangkaian)
This programme is designed to prepare and equip students with the required technical knowledge and skills for employment in an IT and computer networking field. The knowledge supplied in this program covers the academic and vocational aspects including Cisco Academy Certification and other professional recognition as the added value to compete in the job market. The program is focusing on the advancements in digital technologies to create a constant demand for skilled professionals and exciting digital careers.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative which will contribute towards the requirement of the human capital in creative industries.
- UniKL graduates who have effective leadership and team work skills as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their roles in multimedia industries.
- UniKL graduates who are commited to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- UniKL graduates who practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.
- UniKL graduates who are capable to participate in business and technopreneurial activities of the industries.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Majors in computer and networking will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of applied mathematics, applied science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization in computer networking to wide practical procedures and practices.
- Identify and analyze well-defined engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using codified methods of analysis specific to computer networking related.
- Design solutions for well-defined computer networking technical problems and assist with the design of systems, components, or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of well-defined computer networking problems; locate and search relevant codes and catalogues, conduct standard tests and measurements.
- Apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools to well-defined computer networking problems, with an awareness of the limitations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to engineering technician practice and solutions to well-defined engineering problems.
- Understand and evaluate the sustainability and impact of engineering technician work in the solution of well-defined engineering problems in societal and environmental contexts.
- Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of technician practice.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member in diverse technical teams.
- Communicate effectively on well-defined computer networking activities with the computer networking community and with society at large, by being able to comprehend the work of others, document their own work, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of computer networking management principles, technopreneurial and apply these to one’s own work, as a member or leader in a technical team and to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments
- Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent updating in the context of specialized technical knowledge.
Graduates from this field will have excellent opportunities to work as :
- Assistant Computer System Engineer
- Assistant Computer Network Engineer
- Computer System Technician
|Semester 6||Industrial Training|
JPT/BPP (R2/482/4/0065) 06/24, MQA A10179
Marketing, Recruitment & Admission Division
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 – 2175 4426 / 4031 / 5408
+6011 – 2076 8869
+603 – 2175 4446
- Admission Requirements
- Financial Assistance
- Tuition Fee
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL