* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Diploma of Engineering Technology in Production
(Diploma Teknologi Kejuruteraan (Pengeluaran)
Produce graduates who have technical knowledge and skills, together with a suitable range of transferable and management skills required to work in a modern manufacturing technology environment upon graduation. Thus, it will provide the graduates with wide knowledge and capabilities in the planning and production control, machine operations in term of preparation, programming and machining. This programme also focuses on practices-oriented education-based which enable students to work independently as manufacturing technologist and provide a strong basis for future career development.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1
UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable and technically competent in the field of production system.
- PEO 2
UniKL graduates who are effective leadership and teamwork skills, as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their role in the field of production engineering technology
- PEO 3
UniKL graduates who are committed towards the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement
- PEO 4
UniKL graduates who are professional, ethical, and socially responsible
- PEO 5
UniKL graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
- PLO 1
Knowledge: Apply knowledge of applied mathematics, applied science, engineering fundamentals and engineering specialisation as specified in DK1 to DK4 respectively to wide practical procedures and practices in production engineering technology.
- PLO 2
Problem Analysis: Identify and analyse well-defined engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using codified methods of analysis specific to production engineering technology. (DK1 to DK4)
- PLO 3
Design/Development of Solutions: Design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the design of systems, components or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations. (DK5)
- PLO 4
Investigation: Conduct investigations of well-defined problems; locate and search relevant codes and catalogues, conduct standard tests and measurement.
- PLO 5
Modern Tool Usage: Apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools to well-defined engineering problems, with an awareness of the limitations. (DK6)
- PLO 6
The Engineer and Society: Demonstrate knowledge of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to engineering technician practice and solutions to well-defined engineering problems. (DK7)
- PLO 7
Environment and Sustainability: Understand and evaluate the sustainability and impact of engineering technician work in the solution of well-defined engineering problems in societal and environmental contexts (DK7)
- PLO 8
Ethics: Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of technician practice.
- PLO 9
Individual and Teamwork: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member in diverse technical teams.
- PLO 10
Communication: Communicate effectively on well-defined engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, by being able to comprehend the work of others, document their own work, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PLO 11
Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member or leader in a technical team and to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- PLO 12
Life Long Learning: Recognise the need for and have the ability to engage in independent updating in the context of production engineering technology.
Graduates will be able to work in vast engineering and manufacturing sector such as Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM), Manufacturing, Automotive, Semiconductor, Oil and Gas etc. Career prospects are Technologist in the field of Mechanical Engineering and Design such as Mechanical Engineering Technologist, Mechanical Design Engineering Technologist, Manufacturing Engineering Technologist, Product Mechanical Engineering Technologist, Production Engineering Technologist and Marketing Engineering Technologist.
- Pass in SPM or its equivalent with at least credit in three (3) subjects (minimum Grade C) including Mathematics and Natural Sciences or Technical Based Subjects; OR
- Accredited Certificate in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Technical or Malaysian Skills Certificate Level 3 with PT3 or equivalent; OR
- Recognized related Technical/Vocational/Skills qualifications AND an adequate and relevant bridging programme, OR
- Pass in O-Level with minimum Grade C in three (3) subjects including Mathematics and science or technical based subjects, OR
- Pass in Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) (MQF Level 3) qualification been recognized by Jabatan Pembangunan Kemahiran (JPK), government of Malaysia and according to approval by UniKL Senate, OR
- Pass in Sijil Vokasional Malaysia (SVM) qualification been recognized by government of Malaysia and according to approval by UniKL Senate, OR
- Pass Technical/Vocational/Skills qualifications and recognized and approve by UniKL Senate, OR
Other recognized equivalent qualification by Malaysian Government
- (will update later)
- Penghayatan Etika dan Peradaban* / Falsafah dan Isu Semasa* / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi I**
- Competency English
- Technical Mathematics I
- Engineering Science
- Basic Fitting
- Engineering Drawing
- Interpersonal Skills
- Technical Mathematics II
- Materials Science
- Conventional Machining
- Welding Technology
- Introduction To Entrepreneurship
- Amalan Islam Di Malaysia / Religious Practices in Malaysia / Culture & Lifestyle in Malaysia I
- Communication English I
- Engineering Statistics
- Computer Aided Design
- CNC Lathe
- Electro Discharge Machine
- Internet of Things (IoT) Technology
- Mandarin I / Spanish I
- Integriti & Anti-Rasuah I
- Operations Management
- Communication English II
- Production System Design
- Applied Materials
- CNC Milling
- Pneumatic & Hydraulic Systems
- Bahasa Kebangsaan (A)*
- Mandarin II / Spanish II
- Inventory Management & Scheduling
- Quality & Continuous Improvement
- Industrial Safety & Health
- Engineering Ethics
- Final Year Project
- Industrial Training
- MPU 2212 Bahasa Kebangsaan A – For local students without credit in Bahasa Melayu (SPM) only and the credit is not included in program Total Credit to Graduate (TCG).
- MPU2132 Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1**- For international student only.
- MPU 2322 Religious Practices in Malaysia – For international student only
JPT/BPP (R2/521/4/0077) 06/24, MQA A 10151
Mechanics and Metal Trades
January & July
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
1016 Jalan Sultan Ismail 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011-56938263 or +6011-59656805
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL