* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Diploma in Environmental Health
Diploma Kesihatan Persekitaran
Along with advancements in environmental health technology, this course is offered to fulfil the needs for skilled and trained environmental technologist to assist in the operation, management and enforcement of environmental health. Environmental Health Science Technologist plays a major role as a member of an interdisciplinary healthcare team.
They involve primarily in assisting environmental health officers to evaluate and control environmental hazards, maintaining a safe supply of food and drinking water, improving methods for treatment and disposal of waste and researching the environmental impact to overall human health. They also involved in assisting the enforcement of environmental health laws and regulations in order to maintain a safe and healthy environment to live in.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1
To produce graduates who are knowledgeable, technically-skilled and competent in environmental health.
- PEO 2
To produce graduates with effective communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills that upholds professionalism, ethical and social responsibilities to support their role in environmental health industry.
- PEO 3
To produce graduates with the ability to analyse and solve problems based on evidence and experience.
- PEO 4
To produce graduates who are committed towards continual improvement and lifelong learning.
- PEO 5
To produce graduates with entrepreneurial capabilities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Majors in Environmental Health Science will be able to:
- PLO 1
Apply the technical and scientific knowledge of environmental health principles.
- PLO 2
Identify, evaluate, prevent and support the control of contemporary environmental health problems to prevent recurrence based on evidence and experience.
- PLO 3
Contribute to the application of environmental health principles towards problem solving by taking into consideration of public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- PLO 4
Investigate environmental health problems and participate in related research.
- PLO 5
Select and apply current and available methods to solve environmental health problems.
- PLO 6
Function effectively as an individual who possess leadership, interpersonal and social skills to manage operational units in environmental health field.
- PLO 7
Communicate effectively on environmental health problems with peers, healthcare professionals, stakeholders and the community at large.
- PLO 8
Demonstrate sensitivities and responsibilities towards the community, culture, religion and environment.
- PLO 9
Adhere to legal responsibilities, professional ethics, and norms of code of conduct in environmental health practice.
- PLO 10
Adopt sustainable development principles in environmental health solutions.
- PLO 11
Demonstrate management, business ideas and entrepreneur competencies in the practice of environmental health.
- PLO 12
Demonstrate ICT and lifelong learning skills in their practice.
Graduates of this diploma are qualified to work as Assistant Environmental Health Officer in:
- Government sector (Local authorities and Ministry)
- Private sector (Industry, Hotel)
- Environmental consulting company
- Introduction To Environmental Health
- Pengajian Malaysia 2
- Competency English
- Foreign Language 1
- Microbiology For Environmental Health
- Food Technology
- Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Introduction To Soil & Hydrogeology
- Communication English 1
- Interpersonal Skills
- Foreign Language 2
- Communicable & Non Communicable Diseases
- Pest & Vector Management
- Land Use & Building Technology
- Water Supply & Sewage
- Introduction To Entrepreneurship
- Amalan Islam Di Malaysia
- Religious Practices In Malaysia
- Culture And Lifestyle In Malaysia 1
- Communication English 2
- Epidemiology & Biostatistics
- Human Relation & Behavior
- Introduction To Environmental Toxicology
- Environmental Waste Management
- Food Hygiene
- Introduction To Occupational Safety & Health
- Introduction To Legal Procedure
- Organizational Behavior
- Health Promotion & Education
- Environmental Evaluation & Analysis
- Final Year Project
- Industrial Training
- Entry Requirement:
- Pass in SPM or its equivalent with pass in Bahasa Melayu and English and five (5) credits in the following subjects:Mathematics, one (1) Science subject (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, General Science/Applied Science) and any other three (3) subjects including Bahasa Melayu and/or English; OR
- Certificate related to Health Sciences with minimum CGPA 2.75
Click for more detail
JPT/BPP (R2/853/4/0027) 06/23, MQA A 8825
Medical Science Technology
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
1016 Jalan Sultan Ismail 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011-56938263 or +6011-59656805
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL