* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Foundation in Computer Technology
Asasi Teknologi Komputer
Foundation in Computer Technology is designed to emphasize on practical and hands-on whereby the students participate actively for their learning. This programme will produce graduates who are knowledgeable and competent in Computer Technology fields, qualified and capable to pursue further education at Universiti Kuala Lumpur or other institutions of higher learning. This is Self Sponsored programme.
Programme Aims :
- To prepare students en route to the bachelor programmes at Universiti Kuala Lumpur in the field of information technology, computer science, multimedia design and computer animation
- To equips students with the academic knowledge and practical skills in computing and technology
- To improve students’ English proficiency
- Scholarship available
- Located at the heart of Kuala Lumpur – easily accessible by public transport
- Hands-on lab practical
- Experience lecturers
- Pathway to UniKL bachelor programmes or recognized any other universities
- Conducive environment with excellent facilities (smartboard, computer lab with iMAC, gym, students’ lounge etc.)
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1 : UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative in Computer Technology Foundation
- PEO2 : UniKL graduates who have effective communicstion and teamwork skills
- PEO3 : UniKL graduates who are committed towards lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- PEO4 : UniKL graduates who are ethical and socially responsible.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
- PLO1 : Demonstrate understanding of facts, concepts, principle and process in computer technologies.
- PLO2 : Utilize computing tools and techniques in solving problems, as described in user and technical manuals
- PLO3 : Perform academics activities such as information gathering, data analysis and drawing conclusions either individually or in a group.
- PLO4 : Demonstrate competency in verbal and written communication.
- PLO5 : Demonstrate competency in information seeking and self-skills for lifelong learning
- PLO6 : Demonstrate an understanding of ethics and social responsibilities.
- Foundation English 1
- Intercultural Communication
- Basic Korean Languange
- Introduction to Algebra and Trigonometry
- Introduction to Computer Technology
- Introduction to Programming
- Introduction to Multimedia
- Foundation English 2
- Creative and Innovation
- Introduction to Web Developement
- Introduction to Trinogometry & Calculus
- Infortion System Essential
- Network Essentials
- Introduction to Graphic Design
Pass in SPM / O-Level with at least Grade C in 5 subjects
- Local Students: RM 5,500
- International Students: RM 9,750
JPT/BPP (N/010/3/0502) 07/23, MQA/SWA11522
CENTRE OF PREPARATORY STUDIES
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 26, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 - 2175 4162
Fax: +603 - 2175 4440
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL