* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Master in Computer Science
Sarjana Komputer Sains
This is a unique master programme that helps working adult continues their education to advance their career. It is focuses on system and networking and also software engineering which is highly demanded in today technology. Students only need to complete 5 courseworks and a dissertation to graduate which will take a maximum of two years with affordable fees. Taught by experienced lecturers with industrial background will equip the graduates with the required knowledge.
- Software Engineer
- System Analyst
- Network Engineer
- IT Manager
- Systems Integration Engineer
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1 : UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative which will contribute towards the requirement of the human capital in engineering technology related industries.
- PEO2 : UniKL graduates who have effective leadership and team work skills as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their roles in industry.
- PEO3 : UniKL graduates who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- PEO4 : UniKL graduates who practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.
- PEO5 : UniKL graduates who are capable to participate in business and technopreneurial activities of the industries.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
- PLO1 : Apply and integrate knowledge concerning current research issue in computing and produce work that is at the forefront of development of the domain of computer science.
- PLO2 : Evaluate and analyse computing solutions in term of their usability, efficiency and effectiveness.
- PLO3 : Develop computing solutions and use necessary tools to analyse their performance to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- PLO4 : Apply existing techniques of research and enquiry to acquire, interpret and extend, knowledge in computing.
- PLO5 : Communicate and function effectively as an individual, and as a team member or leader, on broadly defined computing activities.
- PLO6 : Prepare, publish and present technical materials to a diverse audience with understanding of management, business practices, and technopreneurial competencies.
- PLO7 : Display behaviour that is consistent with codes of professional ethics and responsibility.
- A Bachelor’s Degree of computing or related fields or its equivalent, with a minimum CGPA of 2.75; OR
- A Bachelor’s Degree of computing or related fields in computing or its equivalent, with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 and not meeting CGPA of 2.75 with working experience, can be accepted subject to rigorous internal assessment process; OR
- A Bachelor’s Degree of computing or related fields in computing or its equivalent, with CGPA less than 2.50, with a minimum of 5 years working experience in a relevant field may be accepted.
- Passed the English language proficiency either with minimum IELTS Band 5.5 or TOEFL 525 (International students)
- Any changes to the above as approved by the Senate of UniKL
- Full time: RM18,000.00
- Part time: RM18,100.00
International Students : RM29,500.00
Limited number of Yayasan UniKL – Tengku Abdullah Scholarship Scheme (YU-TASS) is awarded to registered UniKL students every year. The competition is high as students must pass an interview that is held twice a year. A good publication records increases student’s chances in obtaining the scholarship. We highly recommend that students look for other sources of funding if their YU-TASS scholarships applications were unsuccessful.
|Master||Bachelor Degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 or above||Monthly Allowance (RM1800.00)||Not more than 35 years|
Postgraduate Marketing Office, Marketing, Student Recruitment & Admission (MeSRA)
Student Development & Campus Lifestyle
Universiti Kuala Lumpur, Level 3, 1016 Jalan Sultan Ismail
50250 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
GL: 603-2175 4000
Fax: 603-2175 4446
- Advanced Computer Science
- Algorithm Complexity Analysis
- Innovation Technology and Entrepreneurship
- Research Methodology
Major in Software Engineering
- Software Requirement and Design
- Software Quality and Testing
Major in System Networking
- Mobile Computing
- Advanced Networking
IPS / UniKL MIIT
JPT/BPP (R/481/7/0753) 04/26, MQA/SWA 7972
Master (Mixed Mode)
January & July
Full Time : 1.5 Years
Part Time : 2 Years
INSTITUTE OF POSTGRADUATE STUDIES (IPS)
Level 22, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
GL: +603 – 2175 4000 (ext. 4069/5237)
Fax: +603 – 2175 4441
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL