* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Bachelor of Aircraft Engineering Technology (Hons) in Avionics
Sarjana Muda Teknologi Kejuruteraan Pesawat Terbang (Kepujian) Avionik
This programme will be taught in 8 semesters (4 years) which will cover all aspects of avionic systems, its operation and maintenance. The syllabus encompasses the fundamentals and practical of electrical and electronic systems which also includes electronics instrumentation, aircraft electrical systems and the maintenance of the aircraft electrical and instrument systems.
Upon completion of the programme, the graduates will be awarded Bachelor of Engineering Technology in Avionics Maintenance. This comprehensive programme will prepare the graduates to be readily absorbed by the aviation industry such as airlines, maintenance and repair organization. The other industries also can be explored and so much opportunities out there waiting for our graduates such as oil and gas industries, flight simulator and control and system engineering. With the growth in aviation industry, this programme will provide greater employment opportunities for the graduates locally and internationally especially in the Middle East region.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1
To produce Aircraft Maintenance Engineer who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative which will contribute towards the human capital in aircraft maintenance engineering technology related industry.
- PEO 2
To produce Aircraft Maintenance Engineer who have effective leadership and team work skills as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their role in industry.
- PEO 3
To produce Aircraft Maintenance Engineer who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- PEO 4
To produce Aircraft Maintenance Engineer who practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.
- PEO 5
To produce Aircraft Maintenance Engineer who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Majors in aviation will be able to:
- PLO 1
Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals in aircraft engineering technology field.
- PLO 2
Identify, develop and solve broadly-defined engineering technology problems.
- PLO 3
Design solutions for broadly defined engineering technology problems with consideration of public health and safety.
- PLO 4
Troubleshoot problems, conduct experiments, process, interpret and analyze experimental data.
- PLO 5
Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering tools to carry out their task given
- PLO 6
Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse technical teams.
- PLO 7
Communicate scientific ideas both in written and spoken forms with engineers, other professional and community effectively.
- PLO 8
Demonstrate understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities and norms of engineering technology practice.
- PLO 9
Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering technology.
- PLO 10
Understand the impact of engineering solutions in a societal context and demonstrate knowledge of and the need for sustainable development.
- PLO 11
Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of managerial and entrepreneurial skills.
- PLO 12
Recognize the need for and have the ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning.
Upon completion, BAET Avionics Maintenance holders may register as an Engineering Technologist and join the industrial workforce to be able to hold positions such as Maintenance Engineer, Electronic and Instrumentation Engineer, Flight Simulator Engineer, Field Engineer, Control Engineer, System Engineer, Welding Engineer, Government Servant for Civil Aviation Malaysia and Air Traffic Controller Officer.
- Avionics maintenance engineer in the aviation company
- Electronic and Instrumentation engineer in electronics, electrical and instrumentation company
- Flight simulator engineer in the flight simulator company
- Field engineer, control engineer, system engineer and welding engineer in the oil and gas company and crane company
- Government Servant for Civil Aviation Malaysia (CAAM) and Air Traffic Controller officer in air traffic field
- Instructor in the avionics, electronics, electrical and instrumentation company or school.
- Technopreneur in developing a business in the current technology
- Electrical Fundamental 1
- Material And Hardware
- Physic And Aerodynamics
- Engineering Mathematics 1
- Communicative Aviation English 1
- “Hubungan Etnik/Pengajian Malaysia 3”
- “Tamadun Islam & Tamadun Asia/Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2”
- Co- Curiculum (E.g: Sispa)
- Electrical Fundamental Ii
- Human Factors
- Circuit Analysis 1
- Basic Electronic
- Engineering Mathematics Ii
- Communicative Aviation English Ii
- “Isu-isu Kontemporari Muslim Di Malaysia/Culture And Lifestyle In Malaysia”
- Mandarin 1
- Maintenance Practices
- Circuit Analysis 2
- Control Systems
- Fundamental Communication Engineering
- Professional Aviation English
- Mandarin 2
- Theory Of Flight And Control
- Technical Drawing
- Aircraft Instrument
- Aircraft Navigation
- Aircraft Electrical System 1
- Aircraft Communication System
- Aviation Legislation
- Autoflight Control System
- Aircraft Structure
- Aircraft Radar
- Aircraft Electrical System 2
- Turbine Engine And Indication System
- Elective 1
- Computer Programming
- Project Management
- Elective 2
- Embedded System
- Signal Processing
- Final Year Project 1
- Integrated Information System
- Radio Frequency Theory
- Innovation Management
- Final Year Project 2
- Elective 3
- Industrial Training
JPT/BPP(R2/525/6/0064)03/26, MQA A 10146
Jan & July
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
1016 Jalan Sultan Ismail 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011-56938263 or +6011-59656805
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL