This division’s vital role is to promote, coordinate and the sourcing of funds for research in UniKL. CoRI will be the reference and coordinating center for all grant applications, both internal (STRG) and from external agencies (FRGS, eScience, Technofund, Innofund).
Our research activity is focused on developing new technologies and products to support our techno-entrepreneurship ventures with our researchers, graduates and industrial partners. The university partners with many other local and international universities and research institutions to bring closer research knowledge into successful application and commercialisation. Research activities crosses all schools and departments and breaks traditional boundaries while maintaining an excellent reputation in being responsive to the needs of the business and the community.
Clustering is a grouping strategy to facilitate research works in a more effective way. A group of researchers with various backgrounds are teamed up to look after one specific research area. So far Universiti Kuala Lumpur is focusing on 8 research clusters such as:
- Sustainable Energy Technologies (BMI, MFI, MICET, MIMET, MIIT, Ubis)
- Medical & Allied Health Sciences (RCMP, MESTECH, MICET)
- Food, Chemical & Bio-Technology (MICET, MESTECH, RCMP)
- Design & Advanced Manufacturing (IPROM, MFI, MIMET, MSI, MITEC, MIIT)
- Logistics, Advanced Transportation & Aerospace (MITEC, MFI, MSI, MIMIET, MIAT, UBis)
- Advanced Materials & Composites (MIAT, MICET, MSI, MIMET, IPROM)
- Electronics, Information, Networking & New Media Technology (MIIT, BMI, MSI, MFI)
- Business, Management & TVET (All Institutes)
Linkages between University and industries are substantially important for the collaboration and commercialization of research and its products. The University requires support from the industry in the form of funds and technology while industries reap new innovations created by the University. The common interest between the University and industries is commercialization of new and useful technologies. The University is aware of the stiff competition among institutions of higher learning (IHLs) in getting industrial support and taking up the research products.
UniKL has a unique profile of international research with several top rated areas. Our research activity is focused on developing new technologies and products to support our techno-entrepreneurship ventures with our researchers, graduates and industrial partners.