* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours)
Sarjana Muda Sains Bioperubatan (Kepujian)
This programme is designed following the growing needs of well trained workers in the healthcare industry. This course of study was structured to instill a good theoretical knowledge from the fundamentals of biological science up to the critical thinking aspects and blend together with the latest laboratory applications as well as the techniques. The programme will cater the needs of community in general, with highly specialized trained human resources equipped with knowledge on theory and practical aspects parallel with the development of our country and the increasing numbers of Malaysian citizens.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1
To produce graduates who are knowledgeable, scientific and technically-skilled, competitive and innovative in medical science technology at national and international levels.
- PEO 2
To produce graduates with effective leadership, communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills to support their role in healthcare industry.
- PEO 3
To produce graduates who uphold professionalism, ethical and social responsibilities.
- PEO 4
To produce graduates who are committed to lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- PEO 5
To produce graduates with ICT, technopreneurial, management and business capabilities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
- PLO 1
To analyse and validate findings in medical laboratory by applying fundamental and advanced knowledge in medical sciences
- PLO 2
To perform and supervise medical laboratory procedures competently as well as to evaluate and implement new medical laboratory methodologies and instrumentations
- PLO 3
To collaborate with other healthcare professionals with good interpersonal, leadership, social and teamwork skills.
- PLO 4
To demonstrate sensitivities and responsibilities towards the community and environment by adhering to the legal, ethical principles and the professional code of conduct in medical laboratory
- PLO 5
To present information and findings coherently to medical and laboratory community with effective verbal and written communication skills.
- PLO 6
To critically analyse and solve problems and challenges in medical laboratory practices through supervised research in medical sciences.
- PLO 7
To demonstrate the principles of lifelong learning and skills in ICT and information management system to enhance career development.
- PLO 8
To demonstrate managerial and entrepreneurial skills in managing daily laboratory activities, quality management system and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
Graduates of this bachelor may find employment as Medical Laboratory Technologist, Scientific Officer and Research Officer in various healthcare setting which includes:
- Hospital Laboratories
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Research and Development Laboratories
- Crime and Forensic Laboratories
- Academic Institution
- Environmental Sector
- Epidemiological Field
- Toxicological Field
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Human Anatomy and Physiology I
- Principles Human Nutrition
- Cell Biology
- Educational Philosophy & Psychology
- Introductory Clinical Laboratory Science
- Malaysian Studies
- Human Anatomy and Physiology II
- Human Biochemistry
- Information Technology Health Science
- Principles Human Genetics
- Technical Communication
- Islamic/Moral Studies
- Basic Medical Microbiology
- Medical Immunology
- Medical Biochemistry
- Basic Phatology
- Mandarin I
- Professional Communication I
- Co-curriculum I
- Human Pharmacology
- Systemic Phatology
- Community Health
- Pathogenic Microbiology
- Professional Communication II
- Co-curriculum II
- Mandarin II
- Innovation Management
- Human Behavioral & Psychological Sciences
- Urinalysis & Body Fluids
- Toxicology & Therapeutic Science
- Scientific Communication
- Hematology & Phlebotomy
- Clinical Chemistry
- Clinical Laboratory Cytopathology
- Clinical Laboratory Immunology
- Clinical Laboratory Microbiology
- Clinical Psychology
- Final Year Project*
- Professional Healthcare Law & Ethics
- Healthcare Management
- Final Year Project
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A
- Industrial Training
- Obtained MUET Band 3 or IELTS (5.5)/TOEFL (550) AND; Local students must meet the English language competency as specified in the programme standard, except for:
i. individual with an academic qualification from institutions that use the English language as the medium of instruction; or
ii. individual who studied in Malaysia and intended to further study are subject to item (i); or
iii. individual with O-Level or A-Level qualifications; AND
- Pass Matriculation/Pre-University/STPM programme or equivalent qualification with minimum GPA 2.33 in (2) TWO of following subjects: Biology, Physics/Mathematics, Chemistry OR
- A-Level programme of equivalent qualification with minimum Grade D in TWO of the following subjects: Biology, Physics/Mathematics, Chemistry; OR
- Recognised Diploma with minimum CGPA of 2.75 in related field; OR
- Recognised Diploma with CGPA less than 2.75 in related field and a minimum of 3 years (36 months) working experience in the related field.
- Foreign Students Candidate should obtained IELTS (5.5)/ TOEFL (550) paper-based or equivalent.
JPT/BPP (R2/722/6/0002) 06/23, MQA A8827
Medical Science Technology
January & September Only
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011 – 2076 8869
Fax: +603 – 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL