* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons) in Islamic Finance
Sarjana Muda Pentadbiran Perniagaan (Kepujian) Kewangan Islam
With our program we aim to provide an internationally recognised degree in Islamic Finance to produce graduates with functional management skills, strong Islamic finance knowledge, skills and spirit, exemplary leadership skills, high commitment towards pursuit of knowledge and excellence, and are innovative, socially responsible and good team players who are nationalistic and yet global in outlook and behaviour.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO 1:
To produce graduates who are professional, knowledgeable, competent and innovative in Islamic Finance issues.
- PEO 2:
To produce graduates who possess strong communication and leadership skills to enable them to work well in a team.
- PEO 3:
To produce graduates who appreciate and are committed towards lifelong learning and continuous improvement especially, but not limited to, the fields of Islamic finance
- PEO 4:
To produce graduates who have high integrity, strong ethics, high commitment and social responsibility.
- PEO 5:
To produce graduates who are capable of starting, growing and sustaining the knowledge of Islamic finance.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLO)
- PLO 1:
Apply knowledge of Shariah rules and principles in Islamic business, finance and law.
- PLO 2:
Apply the knowledge of Islamic economics and finance in related industries.
- PLO 3:
Understand Shariah based banking operations and products.
- PLO 4:
Understand Islamic capital market and the management of risk in Islamic financial system.
- PLO 5:
Apply the principles of Islamic accounting practices and Shariah audit in Islamic financial institutions.
- PLO 6:
Understand and implement Islamic ethics and Shariah corporate governance in business transactions.
- PLO 7:
Communicate effectively orally and in writing ideas and knowledge relating to the application and theories of Islamic Finance and Shariah based banking operations and products.
- PLO 8:
Demonstrate understanding of the societal, ethical, political, environmental, legal, technological and cultural issues pertaining to principles of Islamic economics and finance to achieve sustainability in practice.
Graduates of this degree may find employment as:
- Finance/Islamic Finance Executive
- Finance/Islamic Finance Analyst
- Finance/Islamic Financial Advisor
- Finance/Islamic Financial Planner
- Finance/Islamic Wealth Planner
- Islamic/Sharia’Compliance Banker
- Islamic/Sharia’ Research Executive
- Islamic/Sharia’ Risk Executive
- Islamic/Sharia’ Auditor
- Takaful and Retakaful Executive
- Zakat and Waqf Advisor
- Tutor in Islamic Finance
Graduates will also be able to pursue further studies in finance or Islamic finance or any related fields.
- Writing for Academic Purposes
- Principles of Accounting
- Arabic 1
- Principles of Economics
- Business Mathematics
- Principles of Marketing
- Principles of Management
- Tamadun Islam & Tamadun Asia (TITAS) / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2**
- Isu-isu Kontemporari Muslim di Malaysia/Culture and Lifestyle in Malaysia*
- Islamic Economics
- Arabic 2
- Business Communication
- Managerial Finance
- Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
- Usul Fiqh and Qawaid Fiqhiyyah *
- Business Law
- Islamic Law of Contracts *
- Elective 1
- Management Information System
- Islamic Finance
- Islamic Banking Operations
- Hubungan Etnik / Pengajian Malaysia 3**
- Fiqh Muamalat *
- Innovation Management
- Strategic Management
- Elective 2
- Islamic Financial Products and Services
- Risk Management in Islamic Financial Institutions
- Islamic Wealth Planning and Management
- Business Statistics
- Business Research Methods
- Elective 3
- Corporate Finance
- Islamic Capital Market
- Takaful & Retakaful Operations & Products
- Islamic Accounting Practices
- Shariah Audit
- Elective 4
- Human Resource Management
- Investment Management
- Financial Modelling
- International Finance
- Management Accounting
- Islamic International Trade Financing
- Introduction To Taxation
UniKL Business School
Finance, Banking And Insurance
Jan / July / Sept.
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011 – 2076 8869
Fax: +603 – 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL