* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons) International Business
Sarjana Muda Pengurusan (Kepujian) Perniagaan Antarabangsa
We aim to provide an internationally recognised degree in International Business to produce graduates with functional international business management skills, strong entrepreneurial spirit, exemplary leadership skills, high commitment towards pursuit of knowledge and excellence, and are innovative, socially responsible and good team players who are nationalistic and yet global in outlook and behaviour.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO 1:
To produce graduates who are professional, knowledgeable, competent and innovative in international business management.
- PEO 2:
To produce graduates who possess strong communication and leadership skills especially in international business area to enable them to work well in a team.
- PEO 3:
To produce graduates who appreciate and are committed towards lifelong learning and continuous improvement especially, but not limited to the fields of international business.
- PEO 4:
To produce graduates who have high integrity, strong ethics, high commitment and social responsibility.
- PEO 5:
To produce graduates who are capable of starting, growing and sustaining entrepreneurial ventures especially in international business.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLO)
- PLO 1:
Apply the knowledge, principles and fundamentals of International business.
- PLO 2:
Identify, analyse and solve problems using appropriate international business methods/ tools, approaches, techniques, models and frameworks as well as suitable creative problem solving techniques.
- PLO 3:
Identify, describe and assess entrepreneurial opportunities to develop suitable business models and plans for business venture.
- PLO 4:
Conduct research on and investigations of problems and issues on various aspects of international business management.
- PLO 5:
Utilise suitable ICT tools as enablers for international business activities.
- PLO 6:
Function effectively and responsibly as an individual, and as a member or leader of the business community at the local, national and international levels.
- PLO 7:
Communicate effectively orally and in writing ideas and knowledge relating to the application and theories of international business management.
- PLO 8:
Demonstrate understanding of the societal, ethical, political, environmental, legal, technological and cultural issues pertaining to international business management to achieve sustainability in practice.
Demonstrate the need for and importance of independent and lifelong learning.
The following represents a sample of the internships and jobs that current students and recent graduates have reported.
- Private sector in all core industries
- Government agencies
- Educational Institutions
- Multinational organizations
- Global business
- Industrial R & D in related fields
- Self-employed as an entrepreneurs
Pass Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) with a minimum of grade C (CGPA 2.00) in any TWO (2) subjects and a pass in Mathematics and English at SPM level, or equivalent; OR
- A Level
Pass A-Level or equivalent in any TWO (2) subjects and a pass in Mathematics and English at O-level or equivalent;OR
Pass Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with a minimum grade of Jayyid and a pass in Mathematics and English at SPM levelPass Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with a minimum grade of Jayyid and a pass in Mathematics and English at SPM level; OR
Qualifications that are equivalent to Diploma or Advanced Diploma (stage 4 or 5 from the Malaysian Qualification framework (MQF) from Institution of Higher Learning (IHL) recognized by Malaysia Government with a minimum of 2.00 CGPA; OR
Pass Vocational Diploma Malaysia (DVM), minimum 2.00 CGPA and a pass in the Vocational Certificate Malaysia (SVM) with Academic CGPA equal to or more than 2.00; Vocational CGPA equal to or more than 2.67 and competent all vocational modules; and a distinction in Bahasa Melayu SVM Code 1104;
(Please refer to circular: JPT/BPP(P) 1000-750 JLD 18 (7) Date; 25th June 2018) OR
- Matriculation / Foundation
Pass Foundation in Science and Technology/Foundation in Science/Foundation in Business from UniKL with minimum 2.00 CGPA and a pass in Mathematics at SPM level;OR
Pass Matriculation/Foundation or its equivalent from Institution of Higher Learning (IHL) recognized by the Malaysian Government with a minimum 2.00 CGPA.
Pass International Baccalaureate (IB) with a minimum of 24 points;OR
- Others Qualifications
Pass Australian Foundation; OR
Pass Australian Year 12; OR
Pass Ontario Secondary School Diploma with 60% in at least TWO (2) subjects; OR
Other qualifications recognized by University Kuala Lumpur, Senate.
Candidates from STPM and STAM can receive exemptions from obtaining a pass in Mathematics and English at SPM level, if their qualifications include Mathematics and English and the achievements are equivalent/more than the Mathematics subject at SPM level.
For International Students, a minimum score of 5.5 in IELTS or equivalent is required unless;
- The international student is from a country where English is the spoken language; or
- The international student academic qualification is from an institution where the entire medium of instruction is in English; or
- The international student has studied in Malaysia and plans to continue studying at a higher level, subjected to item (b).
(Please refer to : UniKL/ CQA/POL/06 Date; 03/01/2018)
- Writing for Academic Purposes
- Principles of Marketing
- Principles of Management
- Financial Management
- Principles of Economics
- Business Communication
- Isu-Isu Kontemporari Muslim Di Malaysia / Culture And Lifestyle In Malaysia**
- Community Service 2
- French 1
- International Management
- Business Law
- Business Research Methods
- Organisational Behaviour
- Hubungan Etnik / Pengajian Malaysia 3**
- Business Statistics
- Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
- Management Information System
- International Marketing
- Management Accounting
- International Human Resource Management
- Cross-cultural Management
- (Elective 1)
- French 2
- International Finance
- Pricing Strategy & Tactics
- Managerial Economics
- International Advertising & Promotions
- Innovation Management
- International Bussiness Environment and Institutions
- Tamadun Islam & Tamadun Asia (Titas) / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2**
- International Economics & Trade
- International Political Economics (Elective 2)
- International Business Strategy
- Supply Chain Management
- Money, Banking and Capital Markets
- E-Marketing (Elective 3)
- Innovation and New Product Development
- International Entrepreneurship (Elective 4)
- Managing Business Risk (Elective 5)
- International Contemporary Issues (Elective 6)
- Economic Reporting (Elective 7)
- (Elective 1) Cross-cultural Management
- (Elective 2) International Political Economics
- (Elective 3) E-Marketing
- (Elective 4) International Entrepreneurship
- (Elective 5) Managing Business Risk
- (Elective 6) International Contemporary Issues
- (Elective 7) Economic Reporting
UniKL Business School
Business And Administration
Jan / July / Sept
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 - 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011 - 596 56805
Fax: +603 - 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL