* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Hons) in Mechanical Design
Sarjana Muda Teknologi Kejuruteraan (Kepujian) Rekabentuk Mekanikal
Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Hons.) in Mechanical Design (BET MD) aims to assist graduates to become full fledge Mechanical Design Technologist with the required knowledge and technical skills to serve the industry upon graduating. Besides Mechanical Engineering knowledge, students also will have the advantage of specializing in Mechanical Design. Emphasize will be given on components and systems level design to serve the mechanical, manufacturing, semiconductor, electronics, and also oil and gas industry.
Students will be exposed on the required knowledge and skills to produce detail Engineering Design that complies with Engineering Standards on safety, reliability and also environment impact. They will also learn to create design which is highly manufactured able and save cost.
At early stage of the programme, courses are aligned to expose the students to the basic Mechanical / Manufacturing knowledge. In the middle of the programme students will learn Specialized Design Courses which are relevant to the industry. At the end of the programme student will use their design knowledge to create complex design that will be reflected in their Final Year Projects.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable, competent, and innovative that contribute towards the requirement of the human capital in engineering technology related industry.
- UniKL graduates who are effective leaders with teamwork skills, as well as verbal and non-verbal interpersonal communication skills.
- UniKL graduates who are committed towards the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- UniKL graduates who are professional, ethical, and socially responsible.
- UniKL graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and engineering specialisation principles to well-defined practical procedures and practices
- Analyse well-defined engineering problems in their discipline or area of specialisation
- Formulate solutions to well-defined technical problems
- Assist in the formulation of systems, components, or processes to meet specified needs
- Conduct investigations of well-defined problems
- Apply appropriate techniques, resources, and engineering tools to well-defined engineering activities, with an awareness of their limitations
- Demonstrate an awareness of and consideration for societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues, and their consequent responsibilities
- Communicate effectively with the engineering community and society at large
- Function effectively in a diverse technical team
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional ethics, responsibilities, and norms of engineering technology practices
- Demonstrate an awareness of management, business practices and entrepreneurship
- Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of engineering practices, taking into account the need for sustainable development
- Recognize the need for professional development and to engage in independent and lifelong learning
Majors in mechanical design will be able to:
- (In Progress)
Graduates will be able to work in vast engineering and manufacturing sector such as Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM), Manufacturing, Automotive, Semiconductor, Oil and Gas etc. Career prospects are Technologist in the field of Mechanical Engineering and Design such as Mechanical Engineering Technologist, Mechanical Design Engineering Technologist, Manufacturing Engineering Technologist, Product Mechanical Engineering Technologist, Production Engineering Technologist and Marketing Engineering Technologist.
- Diploma (Level 4, KKM) Engineering/Engineering Technology recognized or equivalent with CGPA 2.0; OR
- Diploma (Level 4, KKM) in fields of vocational, technical/skills in relevant fields and recognized with CGPA 2.0 and at least a pass in English at SPM; OR
- Pass in UniKL Foundation in Science & Technology with minimum CGPA of 2.0; OR
- Pass in Matriculation/Foundation with a minimum CGPA of 2.0; OR
- Pass in International Baccalaureate (IB) with at least 24 points; OR
- Pass in STPM or its equivalent, with at least Grade C in 3 subjects including Mathematics and one science subject and at least pass in English at SPM;
- Applicant is required to achieve Band 2 of MUET
- Other recognized equivalent qualifications by Malaysian Government
- All international students must complete at least 12 years of education and obtained certificate in Higher Secondary School equivalent to ‘A’ Level for degree programmes.
- UniKL welcomes applications from various countries subject to the qualification are deemed equivalent to Malaysian qualifications.
- English Language Requirement
– TOEFL: 500 (PBT), 195 (CBT), 70 (iBT)
– IELTS: 5.5
- Fundamental English
- Professional English 1
- Engineering Mathematics 1
- Tamadun Islam & Tamadun Asia (TITAS)
- Hubungan Etnik / Pengajian Malaysia 3**
- Innovation Management
- Engineering Mechanics
- Engineering Drawing
- Manufacturing Technology
- Electrical & Electronics Laboratories
- Electric Circuit Analysis
- Isu-isu Kontemporari Muslim di Malaysia / Culture and Lifestyle in Malaysia***
- Engineering Mathematics 2
- Strength of Materials
- Computer Aided Design & Modeling
- Fundamentals of Materials Science
- Thermal Science
- Ergonomics and Human Factors
- Fluid Mechanics
- Engineering Design Process
- Design for Plastics & Elastomer
- Finite Element Application
- Engineering Materials
- Computer Programming
- Professional English 2
- Vibration and Noise
- CAD/CAM Rapid Prototyping
- Machine Component Design
- Pneumatic & Hydraulic Systems
- Design for Sheet Metal Forming
- Mandarin 1/Spanish 1
- Control Systems
- Machine & Mechanism Design
- Industrial Safety & Health
- Applied Statistics
- Final Year Project 1
- Elective 1
- Mandarin 2/Spanish 2
- Quality Engineering
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A*
- Professional English 3
- Practice and Ethics
- Final Year Project 2
- Elective 2*
- Elective 3*
- Industrial Training
JPT/BPP (N/521/6/0126) 12/20, MQA PA 7648
Automotive Components & System Technology
Full-time / Weekend & Evening
January & September Only
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 - 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011 - 596 56805
Fax: +603 - 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL