* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Bachelor of Industrial Logistics (Hons)
Sarjana Muda Industri Logistik (Kepujian)
Logistics management is one of the foundation blocks of any successful business. With the onslaught of globalization, logistics management has become more complex and face stiff challenges. It entails a wide variety of activities as global enterprizes need to integrate the flow of goods from the suppliers, through their facilities, on to their customers. Proper performance of logistics functions can thus contribute to both lower costs and enhanced customer service. Unless an organization can manage and coordinate the movement of materials, information and cash through its business, and those of partner organizations, it is unlikely to outperform its competitors. With Malaysia’s strategic development in the logistics sector, such as, business expansion in air cargo hub, container port, as well as in service industries like airlines, couriers and banks, the market demand for logistics professionals is tremendous. Typical challenges in this area will include supply chain design (materials handling, facility location, plant layout, integrated production systems, warehousing, pricing, service support), supply chain operations (inventory control, third-part logistics, transportation and freight operations, air cargo systems, routing, network optimization, distribution channels) and tactical issues (item tracking). Universiti Kuala Lumpur has risen to this challenges by offering programmes that prepare graduates with knowledge of the strategic and economic principles of the efficient flow of materials, information, capital and products through the whole distribution network.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1
UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative which will contribute towards the human capital in logistics related industry.
- PEO 2
UniKL graduates who are effective leadership and teamwork skills, as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their role in industry.
- PEO 3
UniKL graduates who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- PEO 4
UniKL graduates who are practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.
- PEO 5
UniKL graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneural activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
At the end of the respective course of study, the graduates should able to:
- PLO 1
Explain the theory and concept of logistics, transportation and distribution management and operations
- PLO 1
Apply the theory and concept of logistics, transportation and distribution management and operations
- PLO 2
Lead and manage logistics and transportation daily operational activities
- PLO 3
Demonstrate understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant in industrial logistics practice
- PLO 4
Broadly apply and commit to professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of industrial logistics practice
- PLO 5
Communicate effectively and professionally, and manage teams to do logistics projects within the industry circle
- PLO 6
Evaluate and apply appropriate techniques, resources and tools, to broadly-defined industrial logistics activities.
- PLO 7
Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning’
- PLO 8
Apply management, business practices, and technopreneurial competencies in logistics activities.
Graduates of this diploma in Industrial Logistics may find employment as:
- Government servant under the Ministry of Transport (Road Transport Department, Department of Civil Aviation, Maritime Department, Department of Rail.
- Government Servant under the Ministry Internal Affairs (Royal Custom and Excise)
- Enforcement Agency such as Suruhanjaya Pengangkutan Awam (SPAD)
- Private Sector under Transport and Logistics Companies, Forwarding Agent, Port and Air Industries, Warehouse and other logistics installation.
- Tutor in logistics and transportation learning institution.
Graduates will also be able to pursue further studies in Bachelor of Industrial Logistics, Bachelor of Transportation Planning, Bachelor in Supply Chain Management and any related field.
- Tamadun Islam & Tamadun Asia (TITAS) (Local)/Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2
- Fundamental English
- Professional English 1
- Business Mathematics
- Elements of Logistics
- Transportation Management
- Hubungan Etnik/ Pengajian Malaysia 3
- Information Technology and Computing Concepts
- Organizational Behavioural
- Principles of Marketing
- Managing Transport Operations
- Innovation Management
- Professional English 2
- Foreign Language 1
- Applied Statistics
- Business Accounting
- Procurement and Inventory Management
- Warehouse Management
- Isu-Isu Kontemporari Muslim di Malaysia(local muslim)/Culture and Lifestyle in Malaysia (Local-non muslim & International)
- Foreign Language 2
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Modelling and Simulation
- Custom, Excise and Forwarding
- Container Haulage
- Co Curiculum
- Project Management
- Commercial Law
- Operational Research
- Managing International Logistics
- Final Year Project 1
- Human Resource Management
- Information System in Logistics
- Transportation Policy and Planning
- Elements of Shipping
- Final Year Project 2
- Industrial Training
- Bahasa Kebangsaan (A)
- Custom Brokerage
- Supply Chain Management
- Airport Management
- Rail Transport
- Public and Active Transportation
- Seaport Management
- Marketing in Transport
- Law of Carriage
- Strategic Business Management
- Project Cargo
- Career Guidance
- Community Service
- Rakan Masjid
- Siswa-siswi Bomba & Penyelamat
- KOR Siswa-siswi Pertahanan Awam
- Sports Management
- Personal Financial Management
- Askar Wataniah
- Integrity & Anti- Rasuah
- Huffaz Professional 2
- Arabic Language 1
- Arabic Language 2
- French 1
- French 2
- Korean Language 1
- Korean Language 2
- Mandarin 1
- Mandarin 2
- Spanish 1
- Spanish 2
- Italian 1
- Entry Requirement:
Pass STPM or its equivalent with at least Grade C (NGMP 2.00) in TWO (2) subjects;
- It is the highest school qualification in the country of origin;
- It can be used as entry qualification for bachelor’s degree programme in the country of origin.
- Pass Diploma Kemahiran Malaysia (DKM)/ Diploma Lanjutan Kemahiran Malaysia (DLKM)/ Diploma Vokasional Malaysia (DVM) with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 subject to the approval of the Senate / Academic Board of the relevant institution; OR
- Pass the DKM/DLKM/DVM with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 AND have at least two (2) years of work experience in the related field.
Pass Matriculation /Foundation in any IPTA/IPTS/permitted institution to conduct foundation programmes with CGPA 2.00
Pass Diploma in related disciplines with CGPA 2.00;
Pass Advanced Diploma in related disciplines with CGPA 2.0;
Pass STAM (Grade Jayyid) or its equivalent;
Others recognized qualifications or its equivalent.
Pass A-Level with minimum Grade D in TWO (2) subjects;
Pass in International Baccalaureate (IB) with at least 24 points.
Pass Higher National Diploma (HND) UK (MQF Level 4) in related area and recognized government of Malaysia and according to approval by UniKL Senate.
Qualification of 12 years of schooling with the following conditions:
For DVM/DKM & DLKM
Click for more detail
JPT/BPP (R2/840/6/0035) 09/25, MQA A 9067
January & September semester
3 1/2 Years
* Last Update 5/4/2021
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011-56938263 or +6011-59656805
Fax: +603 – 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL