* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Designed to prepare students for careers in the field of Information Technology and Computer Security. To produce professionals with leadership skills who are knowledgeable and competent in IT and Computer Security.
This programme is designed to produce:
- Students who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative in computer security industry;
- Students with effective leadership and team work skills as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their role in computer security industry;
- Students who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement in IT industry;
- Students who practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility; and
- Students who are capable of embarking on security and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1 : UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative which will contribute towards the requirement of computer security industries.
- PEO2 : UniKL graduates who are effective leaders with teamwork skills as well as verbal and non-verbal interpersonal skills to support their roles in computer security industries.
- PEO3 : UniKL graduates who are committed towards the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement in computer security industries.
- PEO4 : UniKL graduates who are professional, ethical, and socially responsible.
- PEO5 : UniKL graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
- PLO1 : Apply skills and principles of lifelong learning in academic and career development.
- PLO2 : Communicate effectively with peers, clients, superiors and society at large.
- PLO3 : Demonstrate teamwork, leadership, interpersonal and social skills.
- PLO4 : Utilize relevant techniques and demonstrate analytical and critical thinking skills in problem solving.
- PLO5 : Demonstrate professionalism and social and ethical consideration in accordance with ethical and legal principles.
- PLO6 : Apply broad business and real world perspectives daily and demonstrate entrepreneurial skills.
- PLO7 : Demonstrate knowledge of essential facts, concepts, principles, and theories relating to Computer System Security.
- PLO8 : Apply theoretical principles of Computer System Security in relevant areas.
- PLO9 : Design, implement and manage Computer System Security solutions and resources, and recognize the impact of technology on individuals, organization and society.
- Computer Security Analyst
- Computer Forensic Analyst
- Computer Security Officer
- Security Architect
- Security Auditor
- Incident Response / Handler
- Vulnerability Assessment Analyst
- Discrete Mathematics for IT
- Fundamental English
- Professional English 1
- Principles of Computer Programming
- Co – Curriculum
- Falsafah dan Isu Semasa / Philosophy and Current Issues (L)
- Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2 (I)
- Penghayatan Etika dan Peradaban (L)
- Falsafah dan Isu Semasa / Philosophy and Current Issues (I) OR Penghayatan Etika dan Peradaban (I)
- Professional English 2
- Object Oriented Programming
- Network Fundamentals
- Database Management Systems
- IT Security
- Computer Organization
- Network Routing and Switching
- Software Vulnerabilities and Exploitation
- Data Hiding and Encryption
- Operating System Administration
- Isu – isu Kontemporari Muslim di Malaysia (L-M)
- Culture and Lifestyle in Malaysia (L – NM & I)
- Network Security
- Secure Software Development
- Operating System Security
- IT Project Management
- Industrial Revolution Technology
- Elective 1***
- Final Year Project 1
- Cyber Forensics
- Innovation Management
- Foreign Language 1**
- Mobile Ubiquitous Computing
- Elective 2***
- Elective 3***
- Final Year Project 2
- Incident Handling and Response
- Information Security Management Systems
- Elective 4***
- Foreign Language 2**
- Industrial Training
- Business Continuity Planning
- Network Operating System
- Real Time and Embedded Systems
- Principles of Artificial Intelligence
- Selected Topics in Communication Systems
- Introduction to Multimedia
- Digital Graphic Design
- Pass in Matriculation or Foundation studies with minimum CGPA of 2.0 and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent; OR
- Pass in STPM with a minimum Grade C (GP 2.0) in any two (2) subjects and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent; OR
- Diploma in Computer Science or Software Engineering or Information Technology or Information Systems or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent; OR
- Any other Diploma in Science and Technology or Business Studies with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 may be admitted, subject to a rigorous internal assessment process and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent.
- Candidates with CGPA below 2.5 but above 2.0 with a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent may be admitted, subject to a rigorous internal assessment process.
- Note: The Mathematics grade requirement for each SPM candidate of (i), (ii), (iii) and (iv) can be exempted if the said qualification includes Mathematics and the candidate has achieved a grade equivalent or more than the required credit in SPM. Candidate with a credit in computing related subject at SPM or STPM level or its equivalent may be given preferential consideration.
- Entry Requirement:
Local Student: RM 6,750(Per Semester)
Click for more detail
JPT/BPP (R3/481/6/0125) 11/28, MQA A7388
Cyber Security Technology
January & July
Full Time : 3.5 Years
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011-56938263 or +6011-59656805
Fax: +603 – 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL