* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
IT and computing have evolved from time to time. Ever since the dawn of the internet, confidentiality, authenticity, and integrity of information had become an issue. Threats such as Hacking, Malicious Codes, and Application Vulnerability have changed how IT benefits the human race. This programme is uniquely designed to fulfill the demand for the computer security professional in the job market where network security, information security management, secure software, secure software development and cyber forensic areas apply in an organization which requires them.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1 : UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative which will contribute towards the requirement of computer security industries.
- PEO2 : UniKL graduates who are effective leaders with teamwork skills as well as verbal and non-verbal interpersonal skills to support their roles in computer security industries.
- PEO3 : UniKL graduates who are committed towards the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement in computer security industries.
- PEO4 : UniKL graduates who are professional, ethical, and socially responsible.
- PEO5 : UniKL graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
- PLO1 : Apply skills and principles of lifelong learning in academic and career development.
- PLO2 : Communicate effectively with peers, clients, superiors and society at large.
- PLO3 : Demonstrate teamwork, leadership, interpersonal and social skills.
- PLO4 : Utilize relevant techniques and demonstrate analytical and critical thinking skills in problem solving.
- PLO5 : Demonstrate professionalism and social and ethical consideration in accordance with ethical and legal principles.
- PLO6 : Apply broad business and real world perspectives daily and demonstrate entrepreneurial skills.
- PLO7 : Demonstrate knowledge of essential facts, concepts, principles, and theories relating to Computer System Security.
- PLO8 : Apply theoretical principles of Computer System Security in relevant areas.
- PLO9 : Design, implement and manage Computer System Security solutions and resources, and recognize the impact of technology on individuals, organization and society.
Upon completion of this degree programme, students shall enter the information security job market as information security professionals, IT Security Officer or a Security Analyst in defending and securing computer networks, developing secure software and application, developing a firm security and ICT policy and capable of performing a digital forensic investigation.
- Discrete Mathematics for IT
- Principles of Computer Programming
- Introduction to Computing and Information Systems
- Fundamental English
- Malaysian Studies
- Co-Curriculum I
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Information Security
- Computer Organization
- CCNA I
- Co-Curriculum II
- Cyber Law
- Data Structure and Algorithm
- Database Management Systems
- Advanced Networking
- Professional English I
- Innovation Management
- Moral/Islamic Studies
- Operating Systems
- Professional English II
- System Administration
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A
- Elective I
- Internet Programming
- Network Security
- Secure Software Development
- Research Methodology
- Elective II
- Operating System Security
- Software and System Vulnerabilities
- Final Project
- Elective III
- Project Management
- Mandarin I
- Advanced Network Security
- Cyber Forensics
- Elective IV
- Final Year Project II
- Mandarin II
- Industrial Training
JPT/BPP (R3/481/6/0125) 11/28, MQA A7388
Cyber Security Technology
January & September
Full Time : 3.5 Years
Part Time : 8 Years
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011-56938263 or +6011-59656805
Fax: +603 – 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL