* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
Sarjana Muda Perubatan dan Sarjana Muda Pembedahan (MBBS)
The MBBS UniKL programme is a five (5) year programme conducted at UniKL RCMP campus in Ipoh, Perak. It is taught by full-time academic staff who bring with them years of experience in the field of medicine. They are complemented by senior clinicians and specialists from Hospital Raja Permaisuri Bainun, Ipoh and other hospitals in Perak who are equally enthusiastic in sharing their vast knowledge and experience with the students.
One distinctive aspect of the MBBS UniKL programme is its unique curriculum which is modelled on the University of Sheffield UK MBChB medical programme as well as the MBBS programme of Universiti Malaya.
UniKL RCMP uses the integrated teaching method in producing quality medical students who are able to deliver effective diagnosis for better treatment of patients. Students learn in the context of medical problems while integrating all related sciences with clinical learning as the basis.
Upon completion of the MBBS UniKL programme, graduates will be posted to government hospitals for their initial training as interns.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1
To produce fully equipped doctors who are able to serve as House Officers in the Malaysian health service.
- PEO 2
To fulfill the requirements of the Malaysian Medical Council and take into the recommendations of the General Medical Council outlined in “Tomorrow’s Doctors”, “The New Doctors”, and other authoritative bodies on medical education thereby providing students with opportunities to acquire corner understanding of health and its promotion and the prevention, detection and management of disease in the context of the individual in his/her place in the family and society.
- PEO 3
To provide quality teaching by leveraging on its lecturers’ excellent academic qualification, research background, and professional experience.
- PEO 4
To foster in students the attitude to learn based on curiosity and exploration rather than passive acquisition and to prepare them for lifelong learning.
- PEO 5
To attract students from diverse backgrounds and promote equal opportunities amongst them.
- PEO 6
To provide students with a supportive environment to meet their personal and professional development requirements.
- PEO 7
To promote ownership and identification of the programme in both students and staff.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Majors in medical will be able to:
- (In Progress)
- Foundation I
- Foundation II
- Haematology/Immunology/Genetics/Oncology (HIGO)
- Intensive Clinical Experience (ICE)
- SSM Project (Introduction to Research)
- Endocrine & Reproductive
- Nervous System
- Basic Clinical Course
- Public Health
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology (O&G)
- Medicine in the Community
- Specialty I – ENT 2 – Opthalmology 2 – Dermatology 1 – Haematology 1 – Rheumatology 1
- Specialty II – A & E 2 – Anesthesiology 2 – Radiology 2 – Forensic & Comp
- SSM Project (Advanced Research)
- Medicine – Cardiology – Neurology – Infectious Diseases
- Surgery (includes Neuro & Plastic Surgery)
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology (O&G)
- Primary Care
- Pre-Registration House Officer
JPT/BPP (U) (R2/721/6/0016) 03/22, MQA/FA 4105
Medical & Allied Health Sciences
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011-56938263 or +6011-59656805
Fax: +603 – 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL