* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
This programme incorporates studies in creative multimedia including visual effects, sound and video production, 2D and 3D animation, web development, game design and interactive media design. Students develop design and multimedia skills through a combination of individual and practical group project work and lecture materials. This programme has a strong practical emphasis and exposure to industry based projects. This offers students valuable hands-on experience. Graduates may opt to work in a variety of fields associated with design, media, the creative arts and information and communication technologies.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1 : UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative which will contribute towards the requirement of the human capital in creative industries.
- PEO2 : UniKL graduates who have effective leadership and team work skills as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their roles in multimedia industries.
- PEO3 : UniKL graduates who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- PEO4 : UniKL graduates who practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.
- PEO5 : UniKL graduates who are capable to participate in business and technopreneurial activities of the industries.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
- PLO1 : Apply knowledge of multimedia by using multimedia procedures, processes, systems and methodologies to produce creative content.
- PLO2 : Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and tools to design solutions with understanding of the limitations to meet specified needs.
- PLO3 : Demonstrate awareness and consideration for societal, safety and consequences responsibilities
- PLO4 : Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of multimedia practice.
- PLO5 : Communicate and function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse technical terms.
- PLO6 : Identify, formulate, research literature and solve problems using appropriate multimedia tools, skills and techniques.
- PLO7 : Recognize the need for and have the ability to engage in indepenent and life long learning.
- PLO8 : Demonstrate and awareness and understanding of management, business practices and technopreneurial competencies.
- PLO9 : Carry out supervised research in the related field by seeking and applying knowledge and information analytically.
Employment options in the area of creative multimedia include Instructional Designer, Interactive Multimedia Designer, Developer, Graphic Designer, DTP Artist, Art Director, Visual Director, Creative Designer, Illustrator, Fine Art Artist, AV Editor/Director, 2D/3D Designer / Animator, Web Designer / Developer, Photographer, Photo Editor, Game Designer / Developer and Storyboard Artist/Designer.
- Introduction to Multimedia
- Professional English 1
- Tamadun Islam & Tamadun Asia (TITAS)
- Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2
- Fundamental English
- Introduction to Drawing
- Typography Design
- Digital Photography
- Digital Graphic Design
- Visual Communication
- 2D Computer Animation
- Multimedia Instructional Design
- Creative Advertising
- Storyboard Design
- Database Management Systems
- Web Based Authoring
- Digital Audio and Video Production
- 3D Computer Animation
- Multimedia Authoring 1
- Internet Programming
- Research Methodology
- Mixed Reality Application
- Game Design
- Elective 1
- IT Project Management
- Multimedia Authoring 2
- Elective 2
- Final Year Project 1
- New Media
- Elective 3
- Final Year Project 2
- Industrial Training
JPT/BPP (R3/213/6/0238) 10/26, MQA A6069
Art Design and Creative Multimedia
January & September
Full Time : 3.5 Years
Part Time : 6 Years
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
1016 Jalan Sultan Ismail 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011-56938263 or +6011-59656805
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL