* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Bachelor of Petroleum Engineering Technology (Operation and Safety) with Honours
Sarjana Muda Teknologi Kejuruteraan Petroleum (Operasi dan Keselamatan) dengan Kepujian
A Bachelor program that applies Engineering Technology on Oil & Gas (Operation & Safety) in Downstream Plant which focuses on the following fields :
- Petroleum Process Technology
- Instrumentation & Control
- Mechanical Inspection & Maintenance
- Process Safety & Oil Gas Technology
Produce versatile engineer and technologist with sufficient theoretical knowledge and technical capability in operating on oil and gas downstream plant.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1
To produce Oil and Gas Engineering Technologist who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative which will contribute towards the human capital in Industrial Oil and Gas engineering technology related industry.
- PEO 2
To produce Oil and Gas Engineering Technologist who have effective leadership and teamwork skills as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their role in industry.
- PEO 3
To produce Oil and Gas Engineering Technologist who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- PEO 4
To produce Oil and Gas Engineering Technologist who practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.
- PEO 5
To produce Oil and Gas Engineering Technologist who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
- PEO 1
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Majors in engineering technology will be able to:
- PLO 1
Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialisation to defined and applied Oil and Gas Engineering Technology procedures, processes, systems or methodologies.
- PLO 2
Identify, formulate, research literature and analyse broadly-defined Oil and Gas Engineering Technology problems reaching substantiated conclusions using analytical tools appropriate to their discipline or area of specialisation.
- PLO 3
Design solutions for broadly-defined Oil and Gas Engineering Technology problems and contribute to the design of systems, components or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- PLO 4
Conduct investigations of broadly-defined Oil and Gas Engineering Technology problems; locate, search and select relevant data from codes, databases and literature, design and conduct experiments to provide valid conclusion.
- PLO 5
Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering tools, including prediction and modelling, to broadly-defined Oil and Gas Engineering Technology activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- PLO 6
Function effectively as an individual, and as a members or leader in diverse technical teams.
- PLO 7
Communicate effectively on broadly-defined Oil and Gas Engineering Technology activities with the engineering community and with society at large, by being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PLO 8
Demonstrate understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to engineering technology practice.
- PLO 9
Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering technology practice.
- PLO 10
Understand the impact of engineering technology solutions in societal and environmental context and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- PLO 11
Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of management, business practices and technopreneurial competencies.
- PLO 12
Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in specialist technologies.
- PLO 1
Students can look forward to future employment in the following industries:
- Safety Manager
- Plant Manager
- Process Manager
- Plant Engineer
- Process Engineer
- Operation manager
- Operation Engineer
- Safety Engineer
- Safety Officer
- Authorized Gas Tester
- Piping Engineer
- Maintenance Engineer
- Quality, Health And Safety Environment Coordinator
- Health & Safety Inspector
- Facilities Engineer
- Inspection engineer
- Condition Monitoring Engineer
- Engineering Mathematics 1
- Tamadun Islam dan Tamadun Asia(TITAS)(L) / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2 (I)
- Professional English 1
- Fundamental English
- Engineering Mathematics 2
- Introduction to Oil and Gas Industry
- Engineering Science
- Principle of Chemistry
- Engineering Drawing and Computer-Aided Design
- Hubungan Etnik (L) / Pengajian Malaysia 3 (I)
- Professional English 2
- Fluid Mechanics
- Pollution Control Technology
- Material and Energy balance
- Hydrocarbon Chemistry
- Process Measurement
- Innovation Management
- Mass and Heat Transfer
- Instrumentation and Control System
- Principle of Separation Process
- Petroleum Chemical Handling
- Mechanical System
- Isu-Isu Kontemporari Muslim di Malaysia (LM) / Culture and Lifestyle in Malaysia (LnM) &( I)
- Arabic 1 / Mandarin 1
- Project Management and Economics
- Rotating Equipment Maintenance
- Gas Processing Technology
- Petroleum Refining Technology
- Electrical System and Networks
- Occupational Safety and Health Management
- Arabic 2 / Mandarin 2
- Industrial Control System
- Piping Engineering
- Fire and Gas Detection System
- Process Technology for Petrochemical Plants
- Final Year Project 1
- Maintenance Managements for Oil and Gas Industry
- Process Safety Management
- Final Year Project 2
- Industrial Training
- Water and Wastewater Treatments
- Sustainable Energy and Green Technology
- Corrosion Engineering
- Destructive and Non Destructive Testing
- Gas Separation: Membrane Technology
JPT/BPP(N/524/6/0087) 03/26, MQA/PA 11127
Operation & Safety
January & September Only
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 - 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011 - 596 56805
Fax: +603 - 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL