* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Diploma in Animation
This programme is designed to prepare and equip students with the required technical knowledge and skills for employment in a wide range of industries which use multimedia applications. A graduate of this programme may choose from a wide range of careers with manufacturers, production houses, television stations, advertising companies, newspaper, publishing house and other relevant industries.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1
To produce graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative which will contribute towards the requirement of the human capital in creative industries.
- PEO 2
To produce graduates who have effective leadership and team work skills as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their roles in creative industries.
- PEO 3
To produce graduates who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- PEO 4
To produces graduates who practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.
- PEO 5
To produce graduates who are capable to participate in business and technopreneurial activities of the industries.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Majors in animation will be able to:
- PLO 1
Apply knowledge of animation by using procedures, processes and methodologies to produce creative content.
- PLO 2
Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and tools to design solutions with understanding of the limitations to meet specified needs.
- PLO 3
Demonstrate awareness and consideration for societal, safety and consequent responsibilities.
- PLO 4
Demonstrate awareness and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of animation practice.
- PLO 5
Communicate and function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse technical teams.
- PLO 6
Identify, formulate, research literature and solve problems using appropriate animation tools, skills and techniques.
- PLO 7
Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning.
- PLO 8
Demonstrate awareness and understanding of management, business practice and technopreneurial activities.
The following represents a sample of the internships and jobs that current students and recent graduates have reported.
- Layout Designer
- Video Game Designers
- Images Editing Designers
- 3D Designers and Animators
- Video Directors
- Video Editors
- Video Producers
- History of Animation
- Principles and Timing I
- Drawing I
- Character Design I
- Foundation English
- Co-Curriculum I
- Fundamentals of Programming
- Principles and Timing II
- Drawing II
- Computer Animation I
- Story Structure
- Character Design II
- Communication English I
- Layout Design
- Storyboard Design
- Computer Animation II
- Colour and Media
- Islamic/Moral Studies
- Mandarin I
- Communication English II
- 3D Design
- Post Production
- Animation Project Management
- Web Design
- Co-Curriculum II
- Mandarin II
- Visual Communication
- Portfolio Production
- Introduction to Business Organization
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Bahasa Kebangsaan (A)
- Malaysian Studies
- Final Year Project
- Industrial Training
- Pass in SPM or its equivalent with at least three (3) credits; OR
- Pass in O-Level or its equivalent with at least three (3) credits; OR
- Recognized related Technical and Vocational Certificate or its equivalent with one (1) year of relevant work experience or a minimum of one (1) semester of bridging programme; OR
- Pass in Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) Level 3 and Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) with at least one (1) credit; OR
- Pass in Sijil Vokasional Malaysia (SKM) (MQF Level 3) qualification been recognized by Jabatan Pembangunan Kemahiran (JPK), government of Malaysia and according to approval by UniKL Senate
- Pass in Sijil Vokasional Malaysia (SVM) qualification been recognized by government of Malaysia and according to approval by UniKL Senate. SVM is recognized as equivalent to 3 credits SPM for candidates who obtain;
• Academic CGPA is equal to or greater than 2.00;
• Vocational CGPA is equal to or greater than 2.67 and competent in all vocational modules;
• Credit in Bahasa Melayu with SVM Code 1104;
• Pass in Sejarah for graduate cohort 2013-2016
Click for more detail
JPT/BPP (R2/213/4/0180) 04/24, MQA A10176
Art Design and Creative Multimedia
Full Time : 3 Years
Part Time : 4.5 Years
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
1016 Jalan Sultan Ismail 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011-56938263 or +6011-59656805
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL