* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Diploma in Physiotherapy
Physiotherapists help people of all ages who have physical problems caused by illness, accident or ageing. Physiotherapy techniques can improve the ability to use parts of the body that have been affected by disease or injury. For example, arthritis is a long-term condition that causes painful and stiff joints. Physiotherapy can help to keep the joints mobile (able to move) and strengthen the surrounding muscles. Physiotherapists may work in hospitals, private practices or with the social services. Working with the social services, for example, they provide care in the community for elderly people.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1 :
To produce graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative, that will contribute towards physiotherapy services and patient care.
- PEO 2 :
To produce graduates who have effective leadership and teamwork skills as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their role in physiotherapy services.
- PEO 3 :
To produce graduates who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and professional development.
- PEO 4 :
To produce graduates who practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.
- PEO 5 :
To produce graduates who are equipped with technopreneurial skills and ability to recognize business opportunities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Majors in physiotherapy will be able to:
- PLO 1 : Knowledge
Demonstrate fundamental knowledge in therapeutic sciences towards providing physiotherapy related services.
- PLO 2 : Practical skills
Demonstrate appropriate assessment techniques, interpret finding and implement the effective physiotherapy treatment.
- PLO3 : Social skills and responsibilities
Demonstrate sensitivities and responsibilities toward the community, culture, religion and environment.
- PLO4 : Ethics, professionalism and humanities
Adhere to legal, ethical principles and the professional code of conduct in physiotherapy services.
- PLO 5 : Communication, leadership and team skills
Demonstrate effective leadership, team work and communication skills.
- PLO 6 : Scientific methods, critical thinking and problem solving skills
Appreciate evidence-based practices and current approaches towards enhancing pysiotherapy services, research and development and technopreneurial ventures.
- PLO 7 : Lifelong learning and infrmation management skills
Recognize the need for and have the ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning.
- PLO 8 : Entrepreneurship and managerial skills
Demonstrate an understanding of management, business practices and technopreneurial competencies.
- Basic Anatomy
- Basic Physiology
- Basic Kinesiology and Biomechanic
- Basic Movement Therapy I
- Health Care System I
- Mandarin I
- Competency English
- Applied Anatomy
- Basic Movement Therapy 2
- Musculoskeletal System 1
- Electro Physical Agent and Physics 1
- Behavioural Science
- Communication English 1
- Clinical Training 1
- Electro Physical Agents 2
- Musculoskeletal System 2
- Cardio Respiratory System 1
- Mandarin 2
- Communication English 2
- Clinical Training 2
- Musculoskeletal System 3
- Cardio Respiratory System 2
- Neurology 1
- Health Care System 2
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Clinical Training 3
- Neurology 2
- Physiotherapy in Pediatric Care
- Physiotherapy in geriatric care
- Clinical Training 4
- Physiotherapy in Sport Injury
- Physiotherapy In Women’s Health
- Amalan Islam di Malaysia
- Religious Practice in Malaysia
- Interpersonal Skills
- Pengajian Malaysia 2
JPT/BPP (R/726/4/0050) 12/19, MQA A 9309
Medical & Allied Health Sciences
January & July Only
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 - 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011 - 2076 8869
Fax: +603 - 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL