* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Diploma of Engineering Technology in Aeroplane Maintenance
Diploma Teknologi Kejuruteraan Penyelenggaraan Pesawat Terbang
The duration of this programme is 6 semesters (3 years) and will cover all aspects of aeroplane systems and structures, its operation and maintenance. The syllabus encompasses the fundamentals of aircraft system and structures comprising aircraft structures, systems, theory of flight inclusive of both the airframe and powerplant. On completion of the programme the graduates shall be granted Diploma of Engineering Technology in Aeroplane Maintenance.
This comprehensive training will prepare the graduates to be readily absorbed by the aviation industries such as airlines, maintenance and repair organization, aircraft vendors, and also avionics repair stations or workshops. With the growth in aviation industry locally and world wide, this programme will provide greater employment opportunity for the graduates.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1
To produce Aircraft Maintenance Engineer who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative which will contribute towards the human capital in aircraft maintenance engineering technology related industry.
- PEO 2
To produce Aircraft Maintenance Engineer who have effective leadership and team work skills as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their role in industry.
- PEO 3
To produce Aircraft Maintenance Engineer who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- PEO 4
To produce Aircraft Maintenance Engineer who practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.
- PEO 5
To produce Aircraft Maintenance Engineer who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Majors in Aviation Engineering will be able to:
- PLO 1
Apply knowledge of mathematics, science and aircraft engineering technology to well-defined practical procedures and practices.
- PLO 2
Analyse and formulate solution to well-defined aircraft engineering and technical problem.
- PLO 3
Conduct investigations and troubleshoot well defined problem, and assist in formulation of systems, components or process to meet special needs.
- PLO 4
Apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering tools with the understanding of the limitation.
- PLO 5
Function effectively in diverse technical teams and communicate effectively with engineering community and society at large.
- PLO 6
Demonstrated awareness of and consideration for societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and their consequent responsibilities.
- PLO 7
Demonstrate the understanding on professional ethics and responsibilities in engineering technology practice.
- PLO 8
Demonstrate an awareness of management, business practices and entrepreneurial skills.
- PLO 9
Demonstrate the understanding of the impact of engineering practices, taking into account the need for sustainable development and recognise the need for professional development and to engage in independent and lifelong learning.
Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning.
- Material and Hardware
- Physics and Aerodynamics
- Technical Mathematics I
- Electrical Fundamental I
- Aviation English Foundation
- Islamic/Moral Studies
- Bahasa Kebangsaan (A)
- Co-Curriculum I
- Maintenance Practices
- Aircraft Fire Protection and Fuel Systems
- Theory of Flight and Control
- Electrical Fundamental II
- Piston Engine I
- Technical Mathematics II
- Malaysian Studies
- Mandarin I
- Aircraft Structures
- Hydraulic & Pneumatic Systems
- Aircraft Flight Control Systems
- Electronics Fundamentals ( Mechanical )
- Aviation Legislation
- Gas Turbine Engine I
- Intermediate Aviation English
- Mandarin II
- Co-Curriculum II
- Landing Gear Systems
- Aircraft Cabin Interior Systems
- Aircraft Electrical Systems
- Digital Techniques (Mechanical)
- Piston Engine II
- Human Factors
- Aircond Pressurization Systems
- Electronics Instrument Systems
- Instruments and Avionics Systems
- Gas Turbine Engine II
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Advanced Aviation English
- Final Year Project
- Industrial Training
- Entry Requirement:
- Pass in SPM or its equivalent with at least credits (minimum Grade C and higher) in Mathematics and Natural Sciences or Technical Based Subjects; OR
- Pass in O-Level with minimum Grade C in three (3) subjects including Mathematics and science or technical based subjects; OR
- Accredited Certificate in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Technical or Malaysian Skills Certificate Level 3 with PT3; or its equivalent; OR
- Recognized related Technical/Vocational/Skills qualifications AND an adequate and relevant bridging programme; OR
- Pass Technical/Vocational/Skills qualifications and recognized and approve by UniKL Senate
- Pass in Sijil Vokasional Malaysia (SVM) qualification been recognized by government of Malaysia and according to approval by UniKL Senate. SVM is recognized as equivalent to 3 credits SPM for candidates who obtain;
- Academic CGPA is equal to or greater than 2.00;
- Vocational CGPA is equal to or greater than 2.67 and competent in all vocational modules;
- Credit in Bahasa Melayu with SVM Code 1104;
- Pass in Sejarah for graduate cohort 2013-2016
Click for more detail
JPT/BPP(R3/525/4/0021)11/26, MQA A 7141
January & July Only
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011-56938263 or +6011-59656805
Fax: +603 – 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL