* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
The Diploma of Engineering Technology in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technology programme integrates four basic disciplines of engineering; combination of mechanical, electrical, electronics and computer and software engineering technology. The study of Air Conditioning and Industrial Refrigeration involves aspects of Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning Troubleshooting, repairing, dismantling and mechanical engineering together with an understanding of the role as supervision and technician become the leader in team work of scope of Competency.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The PEOs are the expected attributes of the graduates of DET in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technology in 3 years after graduation. Our objectives are:
- PEO 1
To produce Air Conditioning and Refrigeration engineering technicians who are knowledgeable, competent, able to analyze and have workshop experiences to solve air conditioning and refrigeration problems.
- PEO 2
To produce Air Conditioning and Refrigeration engineering technicians who are able to play the role as a leader and team member by utilizing effective interpersonal communication skill to support their role in the industries.
- PEO 3
To produce Air Conditioning and Refrigeration engineering technicians who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- PEO 4
To produce Air Conditioning and Refrigeration engineering technicians who practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.
- PEO 5
To produce Air Conditioning and Refrigeration engineering technicians who are capable in embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Upon graduation, the students of DET in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technology are expected to have the ability to:
- PLO 1
Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and Air Conditioning and Refrigeration engineering specialization principles to well-defined practical procedures and practices.
- PLO 2
Analyse well-defined engineering practical problems using conventional and modern tools in their discipline or area of Air Conditioning and Refrigeration specialization.
- PLO 3
Formulate and provide solutions to well-defined technical problems related to air conditioning and refrigeration.
- PLO 4
Assist in the formulation of systems, components or processes to meet specified needs of scientific skills.
- PLO 5
Conduct investigations of thinking well-defined problems related to air conditioning & refrigeration.
- PLO 6
Apply appropriate techniques, resources, and engineering tools to well-defined engineering activities, with an awareness of their limitations.
- PLO 7
Demonstrate an awareness of and consideration for societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and their consequent responsibilities.
- PLO 8
Communicate effectively with the engineering community and society at large.
- PLO 9
Function effectively in a diverse technical team.
- PLO 10
Demonstrate an understanding of professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of engineering technology practices.
- PLO 11
Demonstrate an awareness of management, business practices and entrepreneurship.
- PLO 12
Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of engineering practices, taking into account the need for sustainable development
- PLO 13
Recognize the need for professional development and to engage in independent and lifelong learning.
Graduates of this diploma may find employment as:
- HVACR Assistant Engineer – Construction
- HVACR Site Supervisor – Construction
- HVACR Assistant Sales Engineer
- HVACR Assistant R&D Engineer
- Heating Ventilating Air conditioning and Refrigerating Consultant
- Heating Ventilating Air conditioning and Refrigerating Specialist
- Academician in Learning Institutions and Skill Centers
- HVACR Technician
Graduates will also be able to further studies for Bachelor Degree in Air-Conditioning and Industrial Refrigeration, Mechanical, Energy and any related fields.
- Engineering Drawing
- Refrigeration Fundamentals and Tools
- Occupational, Safety and Health Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Amalan Islam di Malaysia/Religious Practices in Malaysia
- Co-Curriculum 1
- Technical Mathematics 1
- RAC Installation, Commissioning and Troubleshooting
- Statics and Dynamics
- Fabrication and Fitting
- Pengajian Malaysia 2
- Competency English
- French 1
- Technical Mathematics 2
- Fluid Mechanics
- Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer
- Acoustic and Vibration
- RAC Control
- Computer Assisted Design and Application
- Communication English 1
- French 2
- Ducting and Piping System
- RAC System Studies
- Project Management
- Cooling load
- RAC Practical Service and Maintenance
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Communication English 2
- Tender and documentation
- RAC Practical Installation
- ACRT Capstone
- Final Year Project
- Thermal storage
- Transport air conditioning
- Building management system
- Introduction of Cold Room
- Technical Mathematics 3
- Entry Requirement:
- Pass in SPM or its equivalent with at least credits (minimum Grade C and higher) in Mathematics and Natural Sciences or Technical Based Subjects; OR
- Pass in O-Level with minimum Grade C in three (3) subjects including Mathematics and science or technical based subjects; OR
- Accredited Certificate in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Technical or Malaysian Skills Certificate Level 3 with PT3; or its equivalent; OR
- Recognized related Technical/Vocational/Skills qualifications AND an adequate and relevant bridging programme; OR
- Pass Technical/Vocational/Skills qualifications and recognized and approve by UniKL Senate
- Pass in Sijil Vokasional Malaysia (SVM) qualification been recognized by government of Malaysia and according to approval by UniKL Senate. SVM is recognized as equivalent to 3 credits SPM for candidates who obtain;
- Academic CGPA is equal to or greater than 2.00;
- Vocational CGPA is equal to or greater than 2.67 and competent in all vocational modules;
- Credit in Bahasa Melayu with SVM Code 1104;
- Pass in Sejarah for graduate cohort 2013-2016
Click for more detail
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Kampus Cawangan Malaysia France Institute (UniKL MFI)
JPT/BPP(R2/522/4/0043)06/24, A 10027
Electricity & Energy
Jan & July
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011-56938263 or +6011-59656805
Fax: +603 – 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL