* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
The Automotive Maintenance programme aims to support the country’s aspiration of becoming an industrialized nation by nurturing globally recognized and competent Automotive Maintenance engineering technician with technopreneurial and leadership skills while contributing towards the growth of Malaysia’s automotive industries.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1
UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable and technically competent in the field of Automotive Maintenance engineering technology.
- PEO 2
UniKL graduates who are effective leaders and teamwork skills, as well as verbal and non-verbal interpersonal communication skills to support their role in the field of Automotive Maintenance engineering technology.
- PEO 3
UniKL graduates who are committed towards the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- PEO 4
UniKL graduates who are professional, ethical, and socially responsible.
- PEO 5
UniKL graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Majors in Automotive Maintenance will be able to:
- PLO 1
Apply knowledge of applied mathematics, applied science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialisation as specified in DK1 to DK4 respectively to wide practical procedures and practices in the area of Automotive.
- PLO 2
Identify and analyse well-defined engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using codified methods of analysis specific to their field of activity.
- PLO 3
Design solutions for well-defined of technical problems and assist with the design of systems, components or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations in the area of Automotive.
- PLO 4
Conduct investigations of well-defined problems; locate and search relevant codes and catalogues, conduct standard tests and measurements.
- PLO 5
Apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools to well-defined engineering problems in area of Automotive with an awareness of the limitations.
- PLO 6
Demonstrate knowledge of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to engineering technician practice and solutions to well-defined engineering problems.
- PLO 7
Understand and evaluate the sustainability and impact of engineering technician work in the solution of well-defined engineering problems in societal and environmental contexts.
- PLO 8
Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of technician practice.
- PLO 9
Function effectively as an individual, and as a member in diverse technical teams.
- PLO 10
Communicate effectively on well-defined engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, by being able to comprehend the work of others, document their own work, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PLO 11
Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of engineering management principles, business practices and technopreneurial competencies.
- PLO 12
Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning.
Graduates from this field will have excellent opportunities to work as experts in:
- Car Service Centers
- Passenger Transport
- Public Service
- Department Road Haulage
- Transport Department of all industries
- Automotive Assembly Plants
- Engineering Drawing
- Engine Fundamental
- Electrical Principles
- Interpersonal Skills
- Amalan Islam di Malaysia/Religious Practices in Malaysia
- Co-Curriculum 1
- Technical Mathematics 1
- Engine Technology
- Computer Assisted Design
- Pengajian Malaysia 2 / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1 (International)
- Competency English
- French 1
- Technical Mathematics 2
- Drivetrain System 1
- Automotive Airconditioning System
- Chassis & Braking System 1
- Statics and Dynamics
- Occupational, Safety and Health Management
- Communication English 1
- French 2
- Drivetrain System 2
- Automotive Management
- Chassis & Braking System 2
- SI Engine Management & Control System
- CI Engine Management & Control System
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Communication English 2
- NGV Installation & Maintenance
- Auto Assesment & Performance Test
- Comfort , Safety & Info System
- Final Year Project
- Industrial Training
- Vehicle Service & Maintenance
- Engineering Ethics
- Technical Mathematics 3
- Entry Requirement:
- Pass in SPM or its equivalent with at least credits (minimum Grade C and higher) in Mathematics and Natural Sciences or Technical Based Subjects; OR
- Pass in O-Level with minimum Grade C in three (3) subjects including Mathematics and science or technical based subjects; OR
- Accredited Certificate in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Technical or Malaysian Skills Certificate Level 3 with PT3; or its equivalent; OR
- Recognized related Technical/Vocational/Skills qualifications AND an adequate and relevant bridging programme; OR
- Pass Technical/Vocational/Skills qualifications and recognized and approve by UniKL Senate
- Pass in Sijil Vokasional Malaysia (SVM) qualification been recognized by government of Malaysia and according to approval by UniKL Senate. SVM is recognized as equivalent to 3 credits SPM for candidates who obtain;
- Academic CGPA is equal to or greater than 2.00;
- Vocational CGPA is equal to or greater than 2.67 and competent in all vocational modules;
- Credit in Bahasa Melayu with SVM Code 1104;
- Pass in Sejarah for graduate cohort 2013-2016
Click for more detail
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Kampus Cawangan Malaysia France Institute (UniKL MFI)
JPT/BPP(R2/525/4/0046)06/24, A 10023
Motor, Vehicle, ships and aircraft
January & July Only
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011-56938263 or +6011-59656805
Fax: +603 – 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL