* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Diploma of Engineering Technology in Helicopter Maintenance
Diploma Teknologi Kejuruteraan Penyelenggaraan Helikopter
This programme will be taught in 6 semesters (3 years) which will cover all aspects of helicopter systems, its operation and maintenance. The syllabus encompasses the fundamentals of helicopter system comprising rotorcraft, theory of flight, the airframe and power plant systems and also the maintenance of the helicopter roll equipment systems. Upon completion of the programme the graduates will be awarded Diploma of Engineering Technology in Helicopter Maintenance. This comprehensive programme will prepare the graduates to be readily absorbed by the aviation industry in renowned name such as MHS aviation, SAS Aviation, Eurocopter, Sabah Air, Hornbill Skyways, My Copter and others. The aviation industry is experiencing growth locally and world wide and the programme provided by UniKL MIAT will ensure greater employment opportunities for the graduates.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1
To produce Aircraft Maintenance Engineer who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative which will contribute towards the human capital in aircraft maintenance engineering technology related industry.
- PEO 2
To produce Aircraft Maintenance Engineer who have effective leadership and team work skills as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their role in industry.
- PEO 3
To produce Aircraft Maintenance Engineer who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- PEO 4
To produce Aircraft Maintenance Engineer who practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.
- PEO 5
To produce Aircraft Maintenance Engineer who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Majors in Helicopter Maintenance will be able to:
- PLO 1
Apply knowledge of mathematics, science and aircraft engineering technology to well-defined practical procedures and practices.
- PLO 2
Analyse and formulate solution to well-defined aircraft engineering and technical problem.
- PLO 3
Conduct investigations and troubleshoot well defined problem, and assist in formulation of systems, components or process to meet special needs.
- PLO 4
Apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering tools with the understanding of the limitation.
- PLO 5
Function effectively in diverse technical teams and communicate effectively with engineering community and society at large.
- PLO 6
Demonstrated awareness of and consideration for societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and their consequent responsibilities.
- PLO 7
Demonstrate the understanding on professional ethics and responsibilities in engineering technology practice.
- PLO 8
Demonstrate an awareness of management, business practices and entrepreneurial skills.
- PLO 9
Demonstrate the understanding of the impact of engineering practices, taking into account the need for sustainable development and recognise the need for professional development and to engage in independent and lifelong learning.
Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning.
- (In Progress)
- Material and Hardware
- Physics and Aerodynamics
- Technical Mathematics I
- Electrical Fundamental I
- Aviation English Foundation
- Islamic/Moral Studies
- Bahasa Kebangsaan (A)
- Co-Curriculum I
- Maintenance Practices
- Rotorcraft Theory of Flight and Control
- Electrical Fundamental II
- Piston Engine I
- Technical Mathematics II
- Malaysian Studies
- Mandarin I
- Aircraft Structures
- Rotorcraft Flight Control System and Power Train
- Rotorcraft Systems, Maintenance & Role Equipment
- Electronics Fundamentals (Mechanical)
- Aviation Legislation
- Gas Turbine Engine I
- Intermediate Aviation English
- Co-curriculum II
- Mandarin II
- Hydraulic & Pneumatic Systems
- Landing Gear Systems
- Aircraft Electrical Systems
- Digital Technique (Mechanical)
- Piston Engine II
- Human Factors
- Aircraft Cabin Interior Systems
- Aircraft Fire Protection and Fuel Systems
- Electronics Instrument Systems
- Instruments and Avionics Systems
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Gas Turbine Engine II
- Advanced Aviation English
- Final Year Project
- Industrial Training
- Entry Requirement:
- Pass in SPM or its equivalent with at least credits (minimum Grade C and higher) in Mathematics and Natural Sciences or Technical Based Subjects; OR
- Pass in O-Level with minimum Grade C in three (3) subjects including Mathematics and science or technical based subjects; OR
- Accredited Certificate in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Technical or Malaysian Skills Certificate Level 3 with PT3; or its equivalent; OR
- Recognized related Technical/Vocational/Skills qualifications AND an adequate and relevant bridging programme; OR
- Pass Technical/Vocational/Skills qualifications and recognized and approve by UniKL Senate
- Pass in Sijil Vokasional Malaysia (SVM) qualification been recognized by government of Malaysia and according to approval by UniKL Senate. SVM is recognized as equivalent to 3 credits SPM for candidates who obtain;
- Academic CGPA is equal to or greater than 2.00;
- Vocational CGPA is equal to or greater than 2.67 and competent in all vocational modules;
- Credit in Bahasa Melayu with SVM Code 1104;
- Pass in Sejarah for graduate cohort 2013-2016
Click for more detail
JPT/BPP(R3/525/4/0022)11/26, MQA A 7142
January & July Only
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011-56938263 or +6011-59656805
Fax: +603 – 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL