* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Diploma of Engineering Technology in Marine Engineering
Diploma Teknologi Kejuruteraan (Kejuruteraan Marin)
There are about 22,000 engineering professionals and semi-professional currently employed in marine and other related industries in Malaysia. This figure allows for a pessimistic growth of 8% to 10% inclusive of vacancies created due to workforce retirement and migration to other industries in every five years. A total of more than 2,000 professionals and semi-professionals are to be produced to meet the demand of the marine and the related industries in Malaysia. However the actual demand in the five year period is expected to be much more taking into account those intending to become individual technical entrepreneurs seeking employment overseas.
The objectives of the programme are:
- To produce semi-professionals, competent in the field of marine engineering technology to meet the current and future demand of the marine and its related industries in Malaysia as well as abroad.
- To train and develop technical entrepreneurs in the various sectors of the marine industry.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
UniKL graduates who are:
- PEO 1
knowledgeable, competent, and innovative, which will contribute towards the human capital in the marine related industry;
- PEO 2
effective leadership and team work skills as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their role in industry;
- PEO 3
committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement;
- PEO 4
practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility; and
- PEO 5
capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Majors in Marine Engineering will be able to:
- PLO 1
Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to wide practical procedures and practices.
- PLO 2
Analyze well-defined engineering problems.
- PLO 3
Formulate solutions for well-defined technical problems.
- PLO 4
Conduct investigations of well-defined problems.
- PLO 5
Apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering tools to well-defined engineering activities, with an awareness of the limitations.
- PLO 6
Function effectively in a diverse technical team.
- PLO 7
Communicate effectively with the engineering community and society at large.
- PLO 8
Demonstrate an awareness of and consideration for societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities.
- PLO 9
Demonstrate an understanding of professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of engineering technology practices.
- PLO 10
Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of engineering practices, taking into account the need for sustainable development.
- PLO 11
Demonstrate an awareness of management, business practices, and entrepreneurship.
- PLO 12
Recognize the need for, professional development and to engage in independent and life-long learning.
- PLO 13
Assist in the formulation of systems, components or processes to meet specified needs
Graduates from the Marine Engineering programme will have the opportunity to expand their career in various fields such as:
- Marine Supervisor
- Marine Outside Machinist
- Dockyard Technician
- Engineering Technician – Controls
- Engineering Science
- Technical Mathematics 1
- Marine Engineering Drawing
- Mandarin 1/Arabic Language 1
- Competency English
- Pengajian Malaysia 2/ Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1*
- Introduction to Marine Engineering * Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1 : For International Student
- Technical Mathematics 2
- Fluid Mechanics
- Marine Electro-Technique 1
- Fundamental Thermodynamics
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Communication English 1
- Workshop Technology 1
- Mandarin 2/Arabic Language 2
- Naval Architecture
- Applied Thermodynamics
- Marine Electro-Technique 2
- Maritime Communication English
- Workshop Technology 2
- Interpersonal Skills
- Static and Dynamics
- Marine Auxiliaries
- Marine Propulsion Steam Turbine
- Marine Propulsion Diesel Engine
- Amalan Islam di Malaysia/ Religious Practices in Malaysia*
- Ship Materials
- International Maritime Law * Religious Practice in Malaysia : For International and Local Non-Muslim Student
- Marine Automation and Control
- Marine Engineering Practice
- Co-Curriculum 1
- Final Year Project
- Industrial Training
JPT/BPP (R2/525/4/0027) 09/22 MQA A 8187
January & July Only
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 - 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011 - 2076 8869
Fax: +603 - 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL