* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
The programme offers the individual with wide knowledge and capabilities in the design for manufacturer of mechanical products, moulds, fixtures and of general parts with an ample knowledge of material and manufacturing.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1
UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable, competent, and innovative that contribute towards the requirement of the human capital in engineering technology related industry.
- PEO 2
UniKL graduates who are effective leaders with teamwork skills, as well as verbal and non-verbal interpersonal communication skills.
- PEO 3
UniKL graduates who are committed towards the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- PEO 4
UniKL graduates who are professional, ethical, and socially responsible.
- PEO 5
UniKL graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Majors in Mechanical Design and Development will be able to:
- PLO 1
Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and engineering specialisation principles to well-defined practical procedures and practices.
Analyse well-defined engineering problems in their discipline or area of specialisation.
Formulate solutions to well-defined technical problems.
Assist in the formulation of systems, components, or processes to meet specified needs.
Conduct investigations of well-defined problems.
Apply appropriate techniques, resources, and engineering tools to well-defined engineering activities, with an awareness of their limitations.
Demonstrate an awareness of and consideration for societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues, and their consequent responsibilities.
Communicate effectively with the engineering community and society at large.
Function effectively in a diverse technical team.
Demonstrate an understanding of professional ethics, responsibilities, and norms of engineering technology practices.
Demonstrate an awareness of management, business practices and entrepreneurship.
Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of engineering practices, taking into account the need for sustainable development.
Recognize the need for professional development and to engage in independent and lifelong learning
The career openings are wide and rewarding for those with the right education and talent. Job opportunities for a high level technologist exist in all wide range of industries especially in manufacturing sectors as well as research and development sectors. The person would be able to hold positions such as Assistant Engineer, Senior Technician or Technician Modules.
- Foundation English
- Technical Mathematics I
- Engineering Science I
- Information Technology
- Engineering Drawing
- Basic Metrology
- Co-Curriculum I
- Basic Fitting
- Communication English I
- Technical Mathematics II
- Engineering Science II
- Conventional Machining
- Material Science
- Co-Curriculum II
- Islamic/Moral Studies
- Communication English II
- Mechanical Design Process
- Basic Automation System
- Welding Technology
- CNC Miling
- Computer Aided Design
- Mandarin I
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Engineering Statistics
- Applied Material
- Casting & Forging
- Machine Mechanism
- CNC Lathe
- Malaysian Studies
- Mandarin II
- Advanced Metrology
- Quality & Continuous Improvement
- Strength of Materials
- Automated Manufacturing System
- Final Year Project
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A
- Industrial Training
- Entry Requirement:
- Pass in SPM or its equivalent with at least credits (minimum Grade C and higher) in Mathematics and Natural Sciences or Technical Based Subjects; OR
- Pass in O-Level with minimum Grade C in three (3) subjects including Mathematics and science or technical based subjects; OR
- Accredited Certificate in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Technical or Malaysian Skills Certificate Level 3 with PT3; or its equivalent; OR
- Recognized related Technical/Vocational/Skills qualifications AND an adequate and relevant bridging programme; OR
- Pass Technical/Vocational/Skills qualifications and recognized and approve by UniKL Senate
- Pass in Sijil Vokasional Malaysia (SVM) qualification been recognized by government of Malaysia and according to approval by UniKL Senate. SVM is recognized as equivalent to 3 credits SPM for candidates who obtain;
- Academic CGPA is equal to or greater than 2.00;
- Vocational CGPA is equal to or greater than 2.67 and competent in all vocational modules;
- Credit in Bahasa Melayu with SVM Code 1104;
- Pass in Sejarah for graduate cohort 2013-2016
JPT/BPP(R/521/4/0078) 06/19, MQA A 10152
Automation & Industrial Maintenance
January & July Only
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011-56938263 or +6011-59656805
Fax: +603 – 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL