* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Diploma of Engineering Technology in Quality Engineering
Quality Engineering Technology (QET) is defined as the branch of application engineering which deals with the principles and practices of product and service quality assurance and quality control. It is the application of statistical, mathematical and management methods, to improve the quality and reliability of industrial products, services, systems and processes.
Competitive pressure and customer demands have made quality an important issue for all providers of consumer and industrial products and services. Dr. Joseph Juran defines the efforts related to quality as the entire collection of activities through which we achieve fitness-for-use. QET encompasses the full range of these activities, including the planning, organizing, managing and measuring of product and services quality.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
UniKL graduates who are :
- PEO 1
UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative, who will contribute towards the human capital in Quality Engineering Technology.
- PEO 2
UniKL graduates who are well trained in the professional skills to support their role in Quality Engineering field such as effective leadership, teamwork skills and interpersonal communication skills.
- PEO 3
UniKL graduates who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement in the Quality Engineering field.
- PEO 4
UniKL Quality Engineering graduates who practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.
- PEO 5
UniKL graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities in Quality Engineering and related field.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Student will be able to :
- PLO 1:
Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to wide practical procedures and practices.
- PLO 2 :
Identify and solve well-defined quality engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using codified methods of analysis specific to their field of activity.
- PLO 3 :
Design solutions for well-defined technical problems with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- PLO 4 :
Conduct investigations of well-defined problems; locate and search relevant codes and catalogues, conduct standard tests and measurements.
- PLO 5 :
Apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering tools to well-defined quality engineering activities, with an awareness of the limitations.
- PLO 6 :
Function effectively as an individual, and as a member in diverse technical teams.
- PLO 7 :
Communicate effectively on well-defined quality engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, by being able to comprehend the work of others, document their own work, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PLO 8 :
Demonstrate knowledge of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to engineering technician practice.
- PLO 9 :
Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of technician practice.
- PLO 10 :
Understand the impact of quality engineering solutions in a societal context and demonstrates knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- PLO 11 :
Demonstrate an awareness of management, business practices and technopreneurial competencies.
- PLO 12 :
Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning
- PLO 13 :
Assist in the formulation of systems, components or processes to meet specified quality needs.
A career in DIPLOMA of quality engineering offers many different paths in a variety of settings such as:
- Quality Assurance Executives
- Service Quality Executives
- Quality Assistant Engineers/ Executives
- Safety Officers
- Health and Safety Executives
- Process/System Executives
- Internal / External Auditors
- Quality System Executives
- Management Quality Consultants
- Compliant Officers/ Technicians
The graduates from QE Program qualify to continue their study for higher level in Quality related field at any Universities in the world.
- Introduction to Entreprenurship
- Pengajian Malaysia 2(L)/Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1(I)
- Competency English
- Technical Mathematics 1
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Fundamentals of Quality
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication English 1
- Technical Mathematics 2
- Technical Drawing
- Essentials of Industrial Chemistry
- Fundamentals of Engineering Science
- Basic Materials Science
- Foreign Language 1
- Communication English 2
- Computer Aided Design
- Amalan Islam di Malaysia(LM)/
- Religious Practices in Malaysia LnM) & (I)/
- Culture & Lifestyle in Malaysia 1
- Quality Tools
- Metrology 1
- Principles of Manufacturing Process
- Statistical Process Control
- Quality System
- Fundamentals of Industrial Engineering
- Foreign Language 2
- Metrology 2
- Fundamentals of Destructive and Nondestructive Testing
- Production Planning and Control
- Innovative and Creative Circles(ICC)
- Introduction to Quality and Reliability Maintenance
- Total Quality Management for Technologist
- Final Year Project
- Industrial Training
- Bahasa Kebangsaan (A)
- Career Guidance 1
- Community Service 1
- Culture 1
- Rakan Masjid 1
- Siswa-siswi Bomba & Penyelamat 1
- KOR Siswa-siswi Pertahanan Awam 1
- Sports Management 1
- Personal Financial Management 1
- Askar Wataniah 1
- Integrity & Anti- Rasuah 1
- Huffaz Professional 1
- Arabic 1
- Arabic 2
- French 1
- French 2
- Korean Language 1
- Korean Language 2
- Mandarin 1
- Mandarin 2
- Spanish 1
- Spanish 2
- Italian 1
- Italian 2
- Entry Requirement:
- Pass in SPM or its equivalent with at least credits (minimum Grade C and higher) in Mathematics and Natural Sciences or Technical Based Subjects; OR
- Pass in O-Level with minimum Grade C in three (3) subjects including Mathematics and science or technical based subjects; OR
- Accredited Certificate in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Technical or Malaysian Skills Certificate Level 3 with PT3; or its equivalent; OR
- Recognized related Technical/Vocational/Skills qualifications AND an adequate and relevant bridging programme; OR
- Pass Technical/Vocational/Skills qualifications and recognized and approve by UniKL Senate
- Pass in Sijil Vokasional Malaysia (SVM) qualification been recognized by government of Malaysia and according to approval by UniKL Senate. SVM is recognized as equivalent to 3 credits SPM for candidates who obtain;
- Academic CGPA is equal to or greater than 2.00;
- Vocational CGPA is equal to or greater than 2.67 and competent in all vocational modules;
- Credit in Bahasa Melayu with SVM Code 1104;
- Pass in Sejarah for graduate cohort 2013-2016
Click for more detail
JPT/BPP(R2/520/4/0048) 06/23, MQA FA13786
Engineering and Engineering Trades (Broad Programmes)
Level 4 – Diploma
January & July
* Last Update 5/4/2021
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011-56938263 or +6011-59656805
Fax: +603 – 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL