* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Diploma of Engineering Technology in Ship Design
Diploma Teknologi Kejuruteraan (Reka Bentuk Kapal)
Rapid development of today’s marine industry has started since a few decades ago. The huge scope of this industry includes various types of vessels, offshore platform design, construction, operation and maintenance until the production of spare parts and shipping equipments. There is more than 22,000 professional and semi-professional bodies work in our local marine industry and other related bodies. It is expected that there will be an increment in the human resource’s needs in between 8% to 10% every year.
By looking at the statistics and the needs of human resources in the industry, UniKL MIMET aspire to offer courses that based on Marine Engineering Technology to produce more semi-professional bodies that are able to contribute to the development and achievement of the industry and to the country generally.
This programme is expected to be offered to at least the SPM holder with the opportunities to be trained to become semi-professional in marine industry, to establish their own self and the industry, hence to the economic growth as a whole. Apart from engineering technology subjects, the programme also offer skills in technopreneur, design innovation and project. This is to ensure that they are good technical workers with high skills, creative, innovative and be able to manage, operate and maintain any systems related to marine industries.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
UniKL graduates who are:
- PEO 1
knowledgeable, competent, and innovative, which will contribute towards the human capital in the marine related industry;
- PEO 2
effective leadership and team work skills as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their role in industry;
- PEO 3
committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement;
- PEO 4
practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility; and
- PEO 5
capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
- PLO 1
Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to wide practical procedures and practices.
- PLO 2
Analyze well-defined engineering problems.
- PLO 3
Formulate solutions for well-defined technical problems.
- PLO 4
Conduct investigations of well-defined problems.
- PLO 5
Apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering tools to well-defined engineering activities, with an awareness of the limitations.
- PLO 6
Function effectively in a diverse technical team.
- PLO 7
Communicate effectively with the engineering community and society at large.
- PLO 8
Demonstrate an awareness of and consideration for societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities.
- PLO 9
Demonstrate an understanding of professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of engineering technology practices.
- PLO 10
Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of engineering practices, taking into account the need for sustainable development.
- PLO 11
Demonstrate an awareness of management, business practices, and entrepreneurship.
- PLO 12
Recognize the need for, professional development and to engage in independent and life-long learning.
- PLO 13
Assist in the formulation of systems, components or processes to meet specified needs
Graduates of UniKL MIMET’s ship design programmed will have the opportunity to expand their career in various fields such as;
- Metal Works & Fabrication
- Naval Architecture
- Technical Design/Draught Person
- Hydraulics and Pneumatic Systems
- CAD & CAM Programming
- CASD Programming
- CNC Machining
- Introduction to Hand and Power Tools
- Technical Mathematics 1
- Occupational Safety and Health in Industries and Shipyard Operations
- Introduction to Ship Technology
- Introduction to Welding and Thermal Cutting
- Engineering Drawing
- Mandarin 1/Arabic Language 1
- Pengajian Malaysia 2/ Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1*
- Compentency English * Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1 : For International Student
- Engineering Science
- Technical Mathematics 2
- CAD 2D
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication English 1
- Mandarin 2/Arabic Language 2
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Elective 1
- Fluid Mechanics
- Ship Materials
- Naval Architecture 1
- CAD Modelling Concepts
- Hydraulic and Pneumatic Systems
- Static and Dynamics
- Amalan Islam di Malaysia/ Religious Practices in Malaysia*
- Elective 2 * Religious Practice in Malaysia : For International and Local Non-Muslim Student
- Shipbuilding Economic
- Fundamental Thermodynamics
- Naval Architecture 2
- Strength of Materials
- Marine Engineering System
- Communication English 2
- Co-Curriculum 1
- Elective 3
- Marine Structure Design
- Computer Aided Ship Design (CASD-Lines Plan)
- Naval Architecture 3
- Ship Resistance and Propulsion
- Shipboard Electro-Technology
- Final Year Project
- Industrial Training
- Wood Technology and Processes
- Manual Metal Arc Welding (Steel)
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (Steel)
- Composite Fibres
- Welding (Steel)
- Welding (Non-Ferrous)
JPT/BPP (R/525/6/0080) 11/20, MQA A 11788
January & July Only
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 - 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011 - 596 56805
Fax: +603 - 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL