* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Diploma of Engineering Technology (Railway System)
Diploma Teknologi Kejuruteraan (Sistem Rel)
Diploma of Engineering Technology (Railway System) (DETRS) is a 3-year programme, adapting the concept of 2u1i for its mode of study. In the first two years of the programme on campus, students will get to learn the theoretical aspects of engineering and railway subjects that include Mathematical, Applied Sciences, Analysis of Materials, and Railway Principal and Engineering Technology. Students will then be attached to a company in the railway industry for a hands-on learning experience that includes Rolling Stock and Maintenance (WBL), Signaling and Communication (WBL), Final Year Project and subsequently, students will continue to undergo a 6 months industrial training at there
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1
UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative in railway industry and other related industry.
- PEO 2
UniKL graduates with effective leadership and teamwork skills as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their role in railway industry.
- PEO 3
UniKL graduates who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- PEO 4
UniKL graduates who practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility in railway industry.
- PEO 5
UniKL graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities in railway industry.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
- PLO 1
Knowledge: Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and railway engineering specialisation principles to well-defined practical procedures and practices.
- PLO 2
Problem analysis: Identify and analyse well-defined engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using codified methods of analysis specific to railway field of activity.
- PLO 3
Design/ Development of solutions: Design solutions for well-defined railway technical problems and assist with the design of system, components or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PLO 4
Investigation: Conduct Investigation of well-defined railway problems: locate and search relevant codes and catalogues, conduct standard tests and measurements.
- PLO 5
Modern tool usage: Apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools to well-defined railway engineering problems, with an awareness of the limitations.
- PLO 6
The Engineer and Society: Demonstrate knowledge societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to railway engineering technician practice and solutions to well-defined railway engineering problems.
- PLO 7
Environment and sustainability: Understand and evaluate the sustainability and impact of railway engineering technician work in the solution of well-defined railway engineering problems in societal and environmental contexts.
- PLO 8
Ethics: Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of technician practice.
- PLO 9
Individual and Teamwork: Function effectively as an individual and as a member in diverse technical teams.
- PLO 10
Communications: Communicate effectively on well-defined railway engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at larger by being able to comprehend the work of others, document their own work, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PLO 11
Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of railway engineering management principles and apply these to one’s own work as member or leader in a technical team and to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- PLO 12
Lifelong Learning: Recognize the need for and have the ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in specialist technologies.
- Tracks Maintenance Technician
- Electrical Technician
- Maintenance Technician
- Rail System Leader Technician
- Rolling Stock Technician
- Signaling and Communication Technician
- Rail Engineering Assurance Technician
- Amalan Islam di Malaysia / Religious Practice in Malaysia
- Interpersonal Skills
- Technical Mathematics 1
- Competency English
- Computer Science and Programming
- Basic Electrical Railway
- Foreign Language 1
- Basic Electronics Railway
- Technical Mathematics 2
- Integrated Railway Automations Technology
- Communication English 1
- Railway Machines and Processes Technology
- Mechanical Design and 3D Modelling
- Co-Curriculum 1
- Rolling Stock
- Railway Safety
- Statistics and Strength of Materials
- Materials Science
- Engineering Physics
- Foreign Language 2
- Railway Track Engineering
- Railway Signaling and Communication Technology
- Engineering Dynamics
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Communication English 2
- Pengajian Malaysia 2 / Bahasa Malaysia Komunikasi 1
- Rolling Stock and Maintenance
- Signaling and Communication
- Final Year Project
- Industrial Training
- Entry Requirement:
- SPM or equivalent with at least credit in mathematics and, natural sciences or technical based subjects; OR
- Accredited Certificate in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Technical or Malaysian Skills Certificate Level 3 with PT3 or equivalent; OR
- Recognised related Technical/Vocational/Skills qualifications AND an adequate and relevant bridging programme; OR
- Matriculation Technical or Science Stream
Click for more detail
UniKL MIDI (formerly known as UniKL IPROM)
JPT/BPP(U)1000-801/38/10 Jld. 4 (12)
Railway System Technology
January & June
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011-56938263 or +6011-59656805
Fax: +603 – 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL