* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Master of Engineering in Mechanical
Sarjana Kejuruteraan Dalam Mekanikal
The Master of Engineering in Mechanical aims to provide graduates with advanced qualification which will enhance the career prospects and extend and update the skill and knowledge. The graduates will have equipped with advanced knowledge of topics in mechanical engineering and in an associated engineering and scientific disciplines. The program will also be used to transfer knowledge to the counterpart in Malaysia as well as to achieved university vision and mission. University vision and mission are as followed.
- Our vision is to be the leading entrepreneurial technical university
- Our mission is to produce enterprising global Technopreneurs
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
In order to achieve the programme aims stated above, this master programme is expected to:
- PEO 1 :
Apply in-depth mechanical engineering knowledge, competent and innovative in their professional works.
- PEO 2 :
Manage and communicate effectively in leading and engaging multidisciplinary teams in solving mechanical engineering problems at national and international level.
- PEO 3 :
Continuously updating themselves in areas and mechanical engineering technologies that are relevant to their career, participate in personal development and increasing their understanding of matters that are current and important to society.
- PEO 4 :
Demonstrate ethical responsibilities including social issues, safety and environmental awareness and continuously engage in personal and professional growth.
- PEO 5 :
Explore and/or embark on business and technopreneur in the field mechanical engineering and promote sustainable economic development to meet the global demands and dynamics.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
At the time of graduation, graduates should have the ability to:
- PLO 1
Demonstrate mastery of knowledge in mechanical engineering technology and have the capabilities to further develop or use these in new situations or multi-disciplinary context.
- PLO 2
Apply practical skills related to mechanical engineering technology and to provide solutions through the application of appropriate tools and techniques.
- PLO 3
Relate ideas to societal issues in the mechanical engineering technology context.
- PLO 4
Conduct research with minimal supervision and adhere to legal, ethical and professional codes of practice.
- PLO 5
Demonstrate leadership qualities through communicating and working effectively with peers and stakeholders.
- PLO 6
Generate solutions to problems using scientific and critical thinking skills.
- PLO 7
Manage information for lifelong learning.
- Research Methodology
- Advanced Heat and Mass Transfer
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics
- Instrumentation and Digital Control
- Mechanical Engineering Design
- Engineering Computational Method
- Project 1
- Advanced Inspection (NDT) Technology
- Project 2
Full Time: RM26,185.00
Part Time: RM26,620.00
- Recognized Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Engineering Technology or its equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.5; OR
- A Bachelor Degree in related sciences or technical field with minimum CGPA of 2.5 from local or overseas university as approved by Senate, Universiti Kuala Lumpur; OR
- A Bachelor Degree in related sciences or technical field not meeting CGPA 2.5 with 5 years relevant working experience as approved by Senate, Universiti Kuala Lumpur; AND
- For International Students, TOEFL score of 500 OR IELTS score of 5.0 OR its equivalent.
All international students who wish to follow a course of study at UniKL must meet the requirements of competence in English language as specified in the programme standard, or by the approved entry requirement, EXCEPT:
- International students who come from a country that uses English as a spoken language; or
- International students who use qualifications from institutions that use English as the language of instruction in full; or
- International students who have been studying in Malaysia and intend to pursue higher education are subject to item (b)
UniKL shall recruit international students with Conditional Offer if the programme entry requirements or the programme standards are met except English language. Recruitment of international students under conditional offer will have to comply with the following conditions:
- International students who have a conditional offer are allowed to attend an internal English preparatory course at UniKL only and not exceeding the maximum period of 12 months. Failure to achieve English language competency during the stipulated period will not be considered for entry into the major course of study;
- For Bachelor courses and above which do not specify the requirement for English language entry, minimum English language requirements are IELTS 5.0 / CEFR B1 or equivalent TOEFL PBT (410-413) or TOEFL IBT (34) or CAE (160) (Cambridge English: Advance) / CEFR B2 or CPE (180) (Cambridge English: Proficiency) / CEFR C1 or PTE (Pearson Test of English) (36) or MUET (Malaysian University English Test) (band 3);
- For Diploma courses which do not specify the requirement for English language entry, the minimum English language requirements are IELTS 4.0 / CEFR A2 or equivalent TOEFL PBT (397) or TOEFL IBT (30-31) or CAE (160) (Cambridge English: Advance) / CEFR B2 or CPE (180) (Cambridge English: Proficiency) / CEFR C1 or PTE (Pearson Test of English) (30) or MUET (Malaysian University English Test) (Band 2);
- ‘Institution-Based English Competency Assessments’ are not permitted for the purpose of fulfilling equivalency or fulfilling the English language competency requirements;
- CEFR is used as a reference for equality reference while IELTS, TOEFL (CAE, CPE/ PTE) and MUET are the main reference for English language competency for entry into the major course of study;
- International students who have successfully met the English language competency requirements are not allowed to attend courses other than those offered in conditional offer letters;
- International students who meet the English language competency requirements before the maximum period (12 months) must follow the major course of study upon completion of the internal English preparatory course;
- International students are required to hold a valid student pass while attending an English preparatory course and a major course of study;
- International students and UniKL are responsible for ensuring that students’ passport applications and renewal of passports are obtained according to the conditions set by the JabatanImigresen Malaysia (JIM) and Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS);
- International students who fail to acquire the competence of English language within stipulated period (maximum 12 months), are not allowed to extend the learning period of the English preparatory course. UniKL shall manage the return of the student to the home country with the relevant party immediately; and
- However, any student who has failed and returned to his home country but is still interested in taking the English preparatory course will be allowed to re-apply under a new conditional offer.
Postgraduate Marketing Office,
Marketing, Student Recruitment & Admission (MeSRA)
Student Development & Campus Lifestyle
Universiti Kuala Lumpur, Level 3, 1016 Jalan Sultan Ismail
50250 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
GL: 603-2175 4000
Fax: 603-2175 4446
IPS / UniKL MFI
JPT/BPP(N/521/7/0183) 02/26, MQA/PSA 14098
Master (By Coursework)
January & July
Full Time: 1.6 years – 3 years
Part Time: 3 years – 9 years
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL