* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Master of Engineering in Structural Integrity
Sarjana Kejuruteraan Dalam Struktur Integriti
The M.Eng. in Structural Integrity course provides the required advanced theoretical knowledge and essential practical skills for graduates to develop their career in the field of:
- Service and consultancy in oil and gas, power generation, petrochemical, nuclear and transport sectors
- Quality assurance and quality control
- Asset integrity and project management
- Plant maintenance
- Research and development in oil and gas, power generation, petrochemical, nuclear and transport sectors
This course allows engineering graduates to specialise in the subject area of Structural Integrity, and also for practitioners in relevant technical and engineering based fields to broaden their knowledge and understanding in all aspects of structural integrity (which they may not be quite familiar with), or to specialise further in this discipline. It allows engineers to build upon both the basic and advanced theories that underpin their disciplines.
The course aims to produce engineers and technologists who can quickly make a contribution in achieving and assuring the structural integrity in the industry through materials testing, structural analysis, inspection, state-of-the-art methods and NDT techniques, and fitness-for-service assessment. The key outputs are industry-ready, world class engineers and technologists in structural integrity disciplines such as fail-safe design, corrosion control, structural health monitoring and assets integrity management. With the embedded Internet of Things (IoT), this course also enables to produce engineers and technologists with knowledge and experience in Industrial Revolution 4.0 (IR 4.0).
It is anticipated that this course is geared for Malaysia and overseas structural integrity practitioners. It will enhance all participants’ career prospects. For Malaysian participants, their skill base will definitely increase when working with the international companies specialist divisions in Assets Integrity Management (AIM) and Structural Integrity Management (SIM), large local engineering firms, and also with their own domestic regulatory set-ups. On the other hand, the international participants will be attracted to the type of work carried out by specialist modelling and analysis consultants, government agencies, operators of large infrastructures, and large scale energy (including nuclear and oil and gas), transportation (e.g. rail, ship and aviation) and civil engineering firms working in this same field.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs):
At the time of graduation, graduates should have the ability to :
- PLO 1
Demonstrate the continuing and advanced knowledge in structural integrity, and have the capabilities to further develop or use these in new situations or multi-disciplinary contexts.
- PLO 2
Analyse and evaluate problems critically which related to structural integrity, and to provide solutions through the application of appropriate advanced tools and techniques.
- PLO 3
Appraise available information and research evidence and apply it in the application of structural integrity context.
- PLO 4
Plan and perform research in structural integrity undertakings professionally, ethically and social responsibility.
- PLO 5
Function effectively as an individual, as well as member or leader in diverse technical teams by being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
- PLO 6
Recognise the needs for continuing professional development.
- PLO 7
Exhibit awareness and understanding of business practice and technopreneurial competencies in structural integrity.
- Advanced Materials and Metallurgy
- Fracture Mechanics
- NDT Inspections
- Structural Health Monitoring
- Failure Assessment Procedures
- Research Methodology
- Assets Integrity Management
- Reliability Engineering
- Elective 1
- Elective 2
- Research Project
Malaysian Students: RM24,750.00
International Students: RM28,600.00
- A Bachelor Degree in Engineering Technology or Bachelor Degree from Universiti Kuala Lumpur with minimum CGPA of 2.5 or;
- A Bachelor Degree in related sciences or technical field with minimum CGPA of 2.5 from local or overseas university as approved by Senate, Universiti Kuala Lumpur, or;
- A Bachelor Degree in related sciences or technical field with CGPA less than 2.5 and 5 years relevant working experience as approved by Senate, Universiti Kuala Lumpur.
- International students are required to achieve a minimum score of 5.0 for IELTS or its equivalent.
Postgraduate Marketing Office,
Marketing, Student Recruitment & Admission (MeSRA)
Student Development & Campus Lifestyle
Universiti Kuala Lumpur, Level 3, 1016 Jalan Sultan Ismail
50250 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
GL: 603-2175 4000
Fax: 603-2175 4446
IPS / UniKL MFI
JPT/BPP(N/521/7/0179)11/24, MQA/PSA 12982
Structural Integrity ( Oil & Gas/ Power Generation/ Petrochemical/ Nuclear/ Transportation)
Master (By Coursework)
January & July
Full Time: 1.5 years – 3 years
Part Time: 3 years – 6 years
INSTITUTE OF POSTGRADUATE STUDIES (IPS)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysia France Institute (UniKL MFI)
Section 14 Jalan Teras Jernang,
43650 Bandar Baru Bangi,
GL: +603 89132800, ext.:1141/1001
Fax: +603 89258845
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL