International Student Gateway
UniKL is hosting over 22,000 students’ population from over 65 nationalities worldwide. The diversity of the campus community creates a vibrant environment where lifelong relationships are developed between students from around the world. Our international student recruitment and services teams will help you to a smooth transition from home to university environment
Follow the application steps for UniKL
STEP 1. Application for UniKL programme
Select the specialization you are interested to apply by browsing UniKL website. Prepare scan copies of your:
- Academic Documents (school certificates and transcripts). You may refer Malaysia Qualification Agency (MQA) guidelines for the level of programme you can apply according to your current school certificate.
- First page of the passport
- Proof of English Proficiency (IELTS, TOEFL or equivalent for Diploma/Bachelor programmes). If you do not have English proficiency certificate, you will automatically join UniKL English Language Intensive Programme (E-LIP)
Complete online application form and attach relevant documents.
The application will be evaluated within 3-5 working days and you will be notified via email on your admission results.
STEP 2. Accepting the Offer
Congratulations! You have been offered to join UniKL! To accept the offer letter you will be asked to complete acceptance documents and pay initial enrollment fees within 2 weeks from Offer letter date. Initial enrollment fees are required to kick start your student visa application and equivalent to RM2,200.
STEP 3. Applying Student Visa
Upon receiving the Initial Enrollment Fee and Acceptance Form, UniKL will apply for Visa Approval Letter (VAL) via Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS). VAL takes from 3 to 9 weeks to process. You can monitor your application status on EMGS website (https://educationmalaysia.gov.my/)
STEP 4. Pre-Arrival Arrangement
Once your Visa approval letter is issued, you can start preparing for your travel to Malaysia:
- Visit Embassy of Malaysia in your home country to obtain Single Entry Visa (SEV);
- Settle of the first year tuition fees;
- Inform about their arrival International Students services team 5 days in advance to ensure smooth Airport Pick up by UniKL representative;
- Bring original documents for registration days such as offer letter, passport, academic transcripts, and certificates;
- You are required to enter Malaysia not earlier than 10 days prior to registration.
STEP 5. Post-Arrival Arrangement
Upon arrival to KLIA/KLIA2 Airport, is it important that you are at the right immigration counter, where the UniKL representative will attend to you. Do not leave the airport with any individual unless he/she is a representative from UniKL with appropriate identification. Within 7 days from your arrival, you will be required to undergo medical screening at the panel clinic.
STEP 6. Application for Credit Transfer
If you have a Diploma or Degree in the related field, you are eligible to apply for a credit transfer. You need to bring the original transcript or examination slip for every semester and a copy of programme syllabus. CREDIT TRANSFER IS NOT ALLOWED WITHOUT ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS. Max credit transfer allowed is 30% (estimation of 30 to 60 credits or 1 year equivalent). If your application has been approved, your studies will be shortened from the duration stated in the offer letter.
STEP 7. Registration Day
Upon successful completion of medical screening, the student is required to report to his campus on registration day. You will attend an induction program at your campus. Attendance is compulsory.
Application and programme enquiries International Recruitment Office:
TEL: +603 2175 5246
Visa and Arrival inquiries:
International Student Services Department
TEL: +6013 619 4112
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL